Sideboard (15)
    4x Chains of Mephistopheles
    1x Chalice of the Void
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2x Endbringer
    2x Null Rod
    2x Surgical Extraction
    3x Toxic Deluge

For starters, I played an eldrazi list at the StarCity Classic in Legacy and went 4-3. Had I won my last match, I might have made it to top 8 on tie breakers. That list ran Oblivion Sower and Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger main deck. I've since moved on from that list, as the biggest oversight was the absence of Deathrite Shaman.

Cards you don't see everyday and explanations for them:

Wasteland Strangler - absolutely devastates BUG delver. Return your Ancestral Visions from Suspend, kill your Delver. Has other applications against the creature based decks.

Bearer of Silence - not a good modern card, but a great card in Vintage and Legacy. Don't forget vs decks like Lands, you can play it as a 2 drop flier for early pressure. Same goes for Storm. It's ability is a trigger, and doesn't not mean the spell has to resolve for it to sacrifice a creature. It's your best card vs Show and Tell.

Matter Reshaper - While BUG and RUG delver are much easier matchups, decks like UR Delver are really close. Matter Reshaper is a great curve card that has a great ability when it dies, and believe me, it's gonna die when you play Burn or UR Delver.

Mishra's Factory - You are still pretty mana hungry, so playing something like Wasteland hurts you as much as it helps. You are better off playing something like Rishadan Port if you want to take out lands. But in the end, the slot was always better as a Mishra's Factory. The 2 damage, and 3 toughness blocker is the real deal. Great vs slowing UR Delver and Burn, although PRICE OF PROGRESS IS THE BANE OF THIS DECK'S EXISTANCE. Also one of the best cards in the format vs. Miracles.

Relic of Progeniuts - This card is so good in Legacy right now, and it's in part the engine of the deck. It fuels Wasteland Strangler, while giving you a main deck way of dealing with Storm, RUG delver, Lands, Dredge, Reanimator, and even just Snapcaster Mage. Oh and it cycles. The card is incredible right now.

Chains of Mephistopheles - Sorry boys, this is Legacy and since 50% of the decks are blue based, in a mono black list you have to have this card. Also a card I would board in vs. Elves. The effect is cumulative, so while it always sacked brainstorm and jace, ponder and preordain were still live. A second copy of chains takes away that line.

Endbringer - this is a show and tell card that also gets boarded in against decks like Lands that prevent you from attacking (the 1 damage and card draw are both things). Also a win con under Ensnaring Bridge.

Emrakul the Eons Torn - You can cast this card, I swear. However, it is a necessary effect to have in the 75 vs Imperial Painter as well being the single best option to drop when it's Show and Tell.

Toxic Deluge - the original decklist had slots for Perish (which makes no sense now with maindeck Deathrite Shaman), also could play Engineered Plague or Dread of Night. But all of these cards are too narrow. I lost to MUD, made me realize Toxic Deluge is just the best card with the most applications.

Other considerations - depending on how large of a presence Burn is in the meta, Sun Droplet is an option in the sideboard.

Endless One is a very good card as well, but it seems especially weak vs Abrupt Decay. I'd consider it in the matter reshaper slot.

I really wanted Nether Void to be good in this deck, but it's not. Nether Void is played in the Vintage list as a 1 of, in the board.
    Last edited by gkraigher; 02-09-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Thread Information