Thread: Burn

the answer is 3

Feb 2011

Burn

I went to the old threads section and started looking around. I thought I would make a burn deck. Please make any suggestions to better it.

4 mogg fanatic
    4 lightning bolt
    4 lava spike
    4 chain lightning
    4 chain plasma
    4 incinerate
    4 magma jet
    4 needle drop
    4 fireblast
    3 flame break
    2 browbeat

19 mountains

Im not sure what would be arguable, or questionable.
    Magma jet, browbeat, and needle drop are in there for the card draw, or scry ability. Needle drop may only do one damage, but i can draw a card and do one damage for one mana. It may not fit into the correct damage to casting cost ratio of 3 to 1, but i figured one and a card was good, for red.

What do you think?

If nothing else, it could be converted to sligh from the sideboard, and make game two sort of a different strategy for the opponent to worry about.
    Last edited by thatoneguy; 03-02-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot the land

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Re: Burn

Try looking in the established deck section.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

the answer is 3

Feb 2011

I got the idea from the established list, but its an old thread. I couldn't ask a question, or ask for advice. I read it, and most of it was about splashing white for lightning helix, instead of this. I was just wondering if this was solid. I would imagine it would be, but I want to hear what others say.
    What can you think of that would throw a wrench in my plan? What did i not plan for?

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Go post there. It doesn't matter that it's an old thread. They know the weaknesses and strength of that deck.

Why can't you post there? Unless you're looking in the archived threads? Go to the established deck forum, go back 2-3 pages and you'll find the burn thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

the answer is 3

Feb 2011

ok i will try that, thank you

Thread Information