Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Obscure Cards with Latent Potential

Nov 2007
    Finland

Re: Obscure Cards with Latent Potential

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Ok, hear me out: a mono green deck that uses Mana dorks and
    All those heavily pushed GGGGGGGGG creatures.
    You can immediately add those to downsides of playing Primal Order.

But why is no one playing Grim Discovery? I would have thought that at least Turbo Depths would at least try it out.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    You can immediately add those to downsides of playing Primal Order.

But why is no one playing Grim Discovery? I would have thought that at least Turbo Depths would at least try it out.
    I think something like Night's Whisper ends up being better, and even that basically sees no play.

bruizar

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    do you think steam kin is pretty good in a deck where you are just casting bolts? most it can be is a 4/4 without doing anything really crazy to get around it
    -rob

Nahiri, the Harbinger

- great abilities, ultimate is a game winner in two turns with Emrakul, just never seems to see any play.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Considering the card is in a current set, I'm not sure it's that obscure.

There's a 3-card combo with Hazoret's Monument and Grinning Ignus. I imagine there's also some kind of necrotic ooze pile.

Reality Scramble seems like a card with potential. You could turn Jace, Telepath Unbound into Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, clue tokens into God-Pharaoh's Gift, or creature tokens into Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Reality Scramble seems like a card with potential. You could turn Jace, Telepath Unbound into Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, clue tokens into God-Pharaoh's Gift, or creature tokens into Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.
    Looks spicy, but it has printed on it, and cmc4, and it also requires setup cards that either don't fit well in the format or don't fit well together (e.g. 4x Lingering Souls/Dragon fodder/Squadron Hawk + 4x Reality Scramble + 2x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn).

I'll join the suboptimal train and and say Connive // Concoct. Same cmc of Sneak Attack+activate once, and it synergizes with Lim-Dûl's Vault and, of course, Brainstorm.
    Make The Black Show happen.

4 Basalt Monolith
    4 Aphetto Alchemist
    4 Wake Thrasher
    4 Crackdown Construct

What would be the best shell for this two card combo? Blue Stompy alongside Intuition and FoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    4 Basalt Monolith
    4 Aphetto Alchemist
    4 Wake Thrasher
    4 Crackdown Construct

What would be the best shell for this two card combo? Blue Stompy alongside Intuition and FoW?
    You forgot power artifact!

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    You forgot power artifact!
    What does power artifact add to the combo?

The 2 card combo makes infinite/infinite creatures. It doesn’t have any need or use for infinite mana.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    do you think steam kin is pretty good in a deck where you are just casting bolts? most it can be is a 4/4 without doing anything really crazy to get around it
    i think it's a cheap, efficient beater that has utility. An added black lotus on it makes it ripe for abuse. I like Lava Dart with it, but there's plenty of stuff to play with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    What does power artifact add to the combo?

The 2 card combo makes infinite/infinite creatures. It doesn’t have any need or use for infinite mana.
    I've too have been experimenting with these cards since Crackdown Construct was spoiled and I enjoy the extra avenue of attack that infinite mana provides. My favorite use of that mana is Walking Ballista, which is a great card in this deck anyway because the infinitely large creature have no evasion of any type and the Ballista can help clear the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I really want to jam Reality Scramble and Polymorph into a deck and make bad Sneak and Show.

Thread Information