That's a lot of text!

Thanks for posting your deck for comparison. Our decks are mostly the same, but it appears card availability and personal preference influenced many of the differences. For instance, you chose Progenitus. In order to realistically play him ever you need more mana rocks, which you have. I chose Cromat because he draws less attention from a group, and he has 5 abilities everyone forgets about that actually make him quite formidable. He is also easier to cast multiple times in a game. Both our generals are essentially 3 turn clocks though.

Some points:
  • You do not run Top. I use Top like crazy. When you complete your fetchlands, consider it.
  • Control Magic dominates certain opponents. What does a Kaalia deck do if I steal Kaalia?
  • Metamorph is getting cut now that he isn't also removal.
  • I have chosen not to duplicate Planewalkers in my list. It's a personal preference.
  • Rite of Replication is pretty good. It is an army in a card. You play Sylvan Primordial? Okay, I get 5. Or I can just target my own Grave Titan.

On Planeswalkers:
  • You have 21 planeswalkers! I strive to reach that number. I will replace Metamorph with one when I finally like a new one they print.
  • You commented, "More often than not in the early game I don't use any of her abilities" about Liliana of the Veil. That is exactly why I do NOT use her.
  • Maybe re-read Sarkhan Vol. His ultimate puts 20 flying power on the board. He makes my Titans swing immediately netting even greater advantage. His -2 removes a blocker and lets you swing with it. He also ultimates in 3 turns...

In defense of:
Grave Titan - He'll trade with just about any other creature. He's 10 power for 6 mana and that grows with each swing. He also allows me to be offensive because he leaves behind 2 blockers.
Batterskull - Again, I can swing and still block. It also passively gains me life which will deter some attacks. It also refuses to die. All I need is 3 open mana. I can Wrath the board and continue to apply pressure while still having a life gaining blocker.
Deathrite Shaman - I am still testing this guy out. He is a mana dork as well as graveyard hate. He can also get damage through when it is relevant. I like him so far, but it is still too soon to say how long he'll last.

On your build:
Isn't Recurring Insight just better than Sphinx's Revelation. It is only 1 color and if you spend a total of 6 on SoR, you get 3 cards and 3 life. Chances are you'll get 5-10 cards off the same mana investment with Insight.
I also used to run Luminarch Ascension and Bitterblossom. I do not anymore.