Thread: Deckbuilding ADD

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Deckbuilding ADD

Alright, My ADD has kicked in again.

Whats a good deck to build that doesn't use/rely on Dual Lands and doesn't have individual cards that cost $30+?

I currently have Dredge, Merfolk, Mono-Red Goblins, Quinn, and CounterTop Thopters (mostly fetches, only using Steam Vents and Breeding Pool as duals to ramp up Engineered Explosives and for Firespout, and I only borrow the Jaces). I used to have Aggro Elves but it was decommissioned to be turned to EDH. I also have a CounterRebels as one of my metadecks.

I don't own any Duals (more of a personal thing instead of budget reasoning) and I am not planning on owning one soon.

Any suggestions?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Re: Deckbuilding ADD

Elves made top 8 at SC LA. I'm not sure if Natural Order fits your budget requirements.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Cabal Therapist
    Oct 2010
    Colchester, VT

Elves, affinity, burn, and dredge all have been performing fairly well recently. None of those run duels and are all 120$-300$ and unless you are using NO elves or tezz affinity. Even then however, none of the cards are over 15$, and even with NO and tezz those decks still don't push 300$.

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

POX!

Pox can hold its own against pretty much any nontribal deck.

Jun 2009
    Sao Paulo - Brazil

BURN.. it is very cheap, only uses mountains , can be pimped easily and it is very good positioned on todays metagame.
    The great problem is to play the same game and plays on almost every match.
    Super Bizarros Team.
    HUEHUEHUE BRBRBR. VIVA DILMA!!! EM NOME DE JESUS CRISTO!

I check my look in the mirror.

Feb 2011

Death and Taxes maybe?

EDIT: Karakas might be a nuisance though. Thankfully, the rest of the deck is less problematic (I assume you already have Wastelands, Aether Vials, etc.).

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by anonymos View Post
    Elves made top 8 at SC LA. I'm not sure if Natural Order fits your budget requirements.
    For the longest time, I've considered running Combo Elves. NO Elves seems appealing as well. Not as explosive as Combo Elves but it looks more resilient to disruption. I already have a playset of Green Sun's Zenith so I will consider it greatly.

I think the only reason why I haven't updated my Elves is because I already run two tribal decks (I tend to switch decks around depending on the hate the local meta has).

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    Elves, affinity, burn, and dredge all have been performing fairly well recently. None of those run duels and are all 120$-300$ and unless you are using NO elves or tezz affinity. Even then however, none of the cards are over 15$, and even with NO and tezz those decks still don't push 300$.
    I've never really liked Burn. To make things worst, the last tournament my LGS had had 4 burn decks (all of which are from that Premium deck). I already have Dredge though Affinity sounds like a fresh idea.

Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    POX!

Pox can hold its own against pretty much any nontribal deck.
    Half of my meta is Aggro-tribal though Pox is fun. I was testing an Infernal Tutor version but it never really took off.

Quote Originally Posted by trivial_matters View Post
    Death and Taxes maybe?

EDIT: Karakas might be a nuisance though. Thankfully, the rest of the deck is less problematic (I assume you already have Wastelands, Aether Vials, etc.).
    Yes I have a set of Vials and Wastelands. Though Karakas is hard to get. Possibly run a White Weenie deck? (kinda like D&T sans the Mangara engine? Would it work?)
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Painter decks can run on a budget oddly enough. I've played with and without Imperial Recruiters. They are nice, but it's not a "must have" thing. Winner of the last SCG tournament actually had a painter deck without them. Grindstone is probably the most expensive thing in it. It's just fun to play Painter vs Merfolk if anything. It makes you feel like god playing against that deck.

Only problem with that deck is the cards don't lend to other decks well. Not much for shared stuff.

Madness is decent still believe it or not. it's cheap once you have Vengevines.

Enchantress is easy as hell to trade for. I know a few people who put that one together with virtually nothing. Moat is the only card you have to skimp on. Ghostly prison works just fine in it's place though.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Painter decks can run on a budget oddly enough. I've played with and without Imperial Recruiters. They are nice, but it's not a "must have" thing. Winner of the last SCG tournament actually had a painter deck without them. Grindstone is probably the most expensive thing in it. It's just fun to play Painter vs Merfolk if anything. It makes you feel like god playing against that deck.

Only problem with that deck is the cards don't lend to other decks well. Not much for shared stuff.
    Cool. I've always been fascinated with PainterStone combo. It shouldn't be hard as I already have 2x of both pieces (from my Quinn deck). Definitely considering it. Just the matter of running it as mono-red or with blue splash (depending on my play style right?)

Madness is decent still believe it or not. it's cheap once you have Vengevines.
    Maybe when Vengevine's prices go down post rotation.

Enchantress is easy as hell to trade for. I know a few people who put that one together with virtually nothing. Moat is the only card you have to skimp on. Ghostly prison works just fine in it's place though.
    I play Quinn so I should have most of the white pieces (sans Moat). Unfortunately, just traded my set of Enchantess's Presence and Elephant Grass to my buddy as he was trying to get in the format. So Enchantress is out of the picture.

So far heres what I'm considering:

Combo Elves
    MUD (If I can get City of Traitors for cheap)
    Spiral Tide (Retraced Image list)
    Sligh Affinity
    Death and Taxes (or a mix of U/W Tempo and D&T weenie)
    Painter.deck

Anything else?
    sure
    stupid cocksucker

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

Considering you have ADD, you may consider a build from our team: Team ADHD

This is one of our old lists which has won a couple of tournaments:

Team ADHD's Wiggaz

(22)
    15 Plains
    4 Wasteland
    3 Mishra's Factory

(24)
    3 Goldmeadow Harrier
    2 Figure of Destiny
    3 Student of Warfare
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Silver Knight
    4 Serra Avenger
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Kitchen Finks

(14)
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Basilisk Collar
    2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

(15) SB
    4 Aura of Silence
    3 Ravenous Trap
    3 Path to Exile
    2 True Believer
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow

With anti-combo shenanigans!

Ethersworn Canonist + Aether Vial@2 = awesome.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Vulvaapje!
    Jun 2007
    The Netherlands

A wiggah with add, that sounds like me. What tournaments did you win with that list?
    Quit playing Legacy but could still play Goblins (Rgw, Rg, Rw, Rb)

ジェームス・ブラウン

I'm staring in the mirror looking at my biggest rival.

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

I didn't play that list, Balthasar Schopman did. He won a couple of small local tournaments (about 20 players). The picture was taken in The Joker where he takes down former Team World Champion Robert van Medevoort's TES in the semi finals.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Mother of Runes could work in that list

Thread Information