Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15th at SCG LA with White Weenie

Jun 2010
    Encino, Ca

Re: 15th at SCG LA with White Weenie

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    Grats! Great success for your age and budget! I'd advise starting your legacy collection from either a Black base or a Blue base as Hymms and Force are good in any metagame. You can then tune your deck to beat whatever meta you are expecting without having to spend too much on new cards.
    This is a pretty solid idea... though with the current price of blue duals and force of will black may prove easier than blue. There are b/w aggro decks that can lead to b/w/g decks that use mostly staple cards... eventually expanding out into an array of options.

Quote Originally Posted by PanderAlexander View Post

BTW, 15th at 15 ;)
    Hopefully that's not a trend for his placings :)

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Hey mate, congratulations on your performance!

Just a note for the future, you say that you targeted Kira with your Mother of Runes in the first game first round you played against Merfolk. Mother of Runes can't target creatures you don't control, only creatures you control, so you can't legally make that play.

Man I wish I could have slung cards as good as you at 15! I'm still not as good and I'm much older than that now! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Hey mate, congratulations on your performance!

Just a note for the future, you say that you targeted Kira with your Mother of Runes in the first game first round you played against Merfolk. Mother of Runes can't target creatures you don't control, only creatures you control, so you can't legally make that play.

Man I wish I could have slung cards as good as you at 15! I'm still not as good and I'm much older than that now! Keep it up!
    Wow, I actually didn't know Mom's oracle text read like that. That's pretty ridiculous!

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Uncoordinated View Post
    Wow, I actually didn't know Mom's oracle text read like that. That's pretty ridiculous!
    Yeah, otherwise you could destroy your opponent's enchant creature spells, etc.

I was able to give Kira pro-black with Mom
    This is where i stopped reading...

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

It's already been addressed, dude. Kind of unnecessary dickishness there, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Just wondering if you considered Retribution of the Meek for the sideboard, especially since you mentioned Rock and Team America were bad match-ups. Also, the one copy of Silence in the SB seems like it could be space better spent.

Anyhoo. Congrats on the finish. :)
    Bless your heart, we must consider Blue/White Tempo's strategy and win percentages in an entirely different deck thread. -4eak

I would think Leyline of Sanctity would be a good sideboard option for this deck on a budget. Stops most storm options in one card. There are lots of other things for goblin tokens.
    Hill Giant means business.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by kusumoto View Post
    I would think Leyline of Sanctity would be a good sideboard option for this deck on a budget. Stops most storm options in one card. There are lots of other things for goblin tokens.
    It also stops random things like heavy discard decks and Burn decks.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by kusumoto View Post
    What does it stop against storm that you particularly care about?

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Tendrils? It may not stop Empty the Warrens, but it's an option, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Thread Information