Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheeri0s

Re: Cheeri0s

Hey guys!

I got interested in cheeri0s by reading about it on another site and after reading thourhg this thread and seeing crop rotation and gaea's cradle, it gave me an idea to change the mana sources. My current list is this:

mana sources - 15
    1x tropical island
    1x taiga
    1x savannah
    4x lotus petal
    4x land grant
    2x Summoner's Pact
    2x Elvish Spirit Guide

Spells - 11
    4x Glimpse of nature
    4x Personal Tutor
    3x Scapegoat
    2x Wild Cantor

Win - 2
    2x Grapeshot

Cheerios - 30
    4x memnite
    4x ornithopter
    4x shield sphere
    4x phyrexian walker
    4x crimson kobolds
    4x kobolds of kher keep
    4x crookshank kobolds
    2x shifting wall

I'm thinking though if I change the mana base to this

2x gaea's cradle
    3x crop rotation
    4x lotus petal
    4x land grant
    1x tropical island
    1x taiga
    1x savannah

It will easily allow for things with higher CMC, such as banefire, double beastmaster ascension, overrun, etc. etc. Lotus petal and wild cantor can provide mana fixing, too.
    Legacy:
    Combo Elves
    WB Tokens
    Cheeri0s

Hi,

Why not trying Muraganda petroglyphs as a win-condition ?

All your kobolds would gain the +2/+2 bonus for a big strike !

Quote Originally Posted by grokh View Post
    Hi,

Why not trying Muraganda petroglyphs as a win-condition ?

All your kobolds would gain the +2/+2 bonus for a big strike !
    Because Beastmaster's Ascension is better and the deck doesnt want to run 8 of these effects?

Your Friend
    Apr 2011
    Minnesota

?
    Currently playing Manipulate Fates. Learn about the Magic Card Market.

I really doubt this will be any good. It might (and that's pushing it) be worth playing as a 1-of if you're going to the Beastmaster Acension win and they wipe the board, but even then you need 3 white mana to do it which can be pretty hard (especially when your build might run only 3 lands and only one produces white).
    Legacy:
    Combo Elves
    WB Tokens
    Cheeri0s

Anyone have any thoughts on how well cloudstone curio would work in this deck? I feel like it might be worth as a one of so if glimpse fizzles into it, i have a guaranteed backup for storm.
    Legacy:
    Combo Elves
    WB Tokens
    Cheeri0s

A question out of curiosity.

You cut the Pacts and Spirit Guides completely. Is this due to the availability of high CMC spells only? Or do you also forsee the potential countering of the Pact as an issue to drop it?

On another note, would Burning-Tree Emissary be an option for you? It replaces itself under a Glimpse and gives you the invested mana back as well to add to your storm count for free, essentially.

Cheer(i0)s,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Hireax View Post
    A question out of curiosity.

You cut the Pacts and Spirit Guides completely. Is this due to the availability of high CMC spells only? Or do you also forsee the potential countering of the Pact as an issue to drop it?

On another note, would Burning-Tree Emissary be an option for you? It replaces itself under a Glimpse and gives you the invested mana back as well to add to your storm count for free, essentially.

Cheer(i0)s,
    Kevin
    I've actually updated my list since then. While I don't own 4x cradles (only have one) I've been playtesting it on cockatrice a lot and like this much better.

Spells - 11
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Personal Tutor
    3 Scapegoat

Mana sources - 16
    1 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Taiga
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Land Grant
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Elvish Spirit Guide

Cheeri0s - 30
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    4 Crookshank Kobolds
    4 Shield Sphere
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    2 Skyshroud Cutter

Win - 2
    1 grapeshot
    1 Last-Ditch Effort
    1 Simian Spirit Guide

SB: 3 Signal Pest
    SB: 4 Ingot Chewer
    SB: 4 Wispmare
    SB: 4 Xantid Swarm

My problem with burning tree emissary is that it costs two (which I would rather use on grapeshot) and that it gives me only RG which means I can't play a scapegoat or personal tutor off of it. If I had to, I'd play wild cantor in it's place.
    Legacy:
    Combo Elves
    WB Tokens
    Cheeri0s

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

While battling insomnia (i seriously never win that match up) i was brainstorming this deck, i have no idea why.
    It occurred to me that the new legend rule makes Mox Opal pretty powerful in here as extra petals. Has anyone else tried this? There are 24 artifacts in here if we include them, so it seems reasonable to try out. Adding all 5 colours is great, and better than red spirit guide.

Has anyone tried Cabal therapy as some disruption? is it just better to be all in?

I was thinking Goblin Bushwhacker as the non targeted win con might work in the main, but you probably need to be on Burning Tree Emissaries to get enough power to actually kill.

Here is where i was going to start:

4 Glimpse of Nature
    1 Personal Tutor
    4 Beck & Call

4 Wild Cantor
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Shield Sphere
    3 Burning Tree Emissary
    4 Crimson Kobolds
    3 Elvish Spirit Guide

1 Goblin Bushwhacker
    1 Grapeshot

4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Manamorphose
    4 City of Brass
    3 Gaea's Cradle

SB:
    4 Beastmaster Ascension
    4 Xantid Swarm
    4 Ingot Chewer
    3 Wispmare

I just found this deck a few days ago. Love the concept! I will build this one as it is somehow cheap and seems to make a lot of fun.

I already tried some goldfishing and got the point that often my draw series (before i get the second glimpse running) gets interrupted by non creature cards or mana creatures. I think grapeshot as the only win condition is enough and the places for pest and goblin bushwhacker can be filled up with additional zeros. I mean, in the first game if the combo gets interrupted it is hard and unprobable to recover. I think this deck goes all in.
    In the the second game one could change to goblin and pest instead of grapeshot as the opponent might board trap or in general against storm,
    which then is more or less useless.

Just my first thoughts about the structure of this deck.

Stuhl

Sent from my HUAWEI U9508 using Tapatalk

Aug 2011
    Marshfield, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Jables237 View Post
    Anyway to work in Boseiju to make glimpse un-counterable? Maybe Crop Rotation? Or just rely on Xantid Swarm?
    I don't think that works since glimpse/beck have no colorless mana in their costs. Would only really work if there was a thalia/glowrider in play.

4 Ornithopter
    4 Tinder Wall
    4 Signal Pest
    4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
    4 Memnite
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    2 Scapegoat
    2 Beastmaster Ascension
    4 Curse of Predation
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Wild Cantor
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide

some number of lands ...

3 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Forest
    2 Savannah

So there are 8 beastmaster like effects now ... only the new one doesn't just blow vs. abrupt decay. If they tap out you get the counters on your men.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

A friend of mine built Cheeri0s for shits and giggles (ft. Multani's Presence and Chalice@0), it's quite entertaining.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Actually. With Craterhoof / Cradle and Mistcutter ... the Beastmaster effects aren't even really needed. I've goldfished a turn 2 kill in 4 of 5 games.

Also I self inflicted 40 lashes for ever thinking anything less than 4 cradle's was acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Also I self inflicted 40 lashes for ever thinking anything less than 4 cradle's was acceptable.
    To be fair, when i first piloted this deck, the legend rule was quite different (but I still played 4 cradles). I then shifted to only bringing cradles from the board when I tried to transform into the overwhelm/weenie plan with sprout swarm.

But yes, with the new legend rule 4 cradles are indeed back in the deck.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

A friend of mine who runs this included Noxious Revival in his list, cutting down on Becks and Tutors for room.
    He used it to Glimpse -> Revival -> Kobold -> ReGlimpse -> all the Kobolds often enough to what would otherwise have been a fizzley attempt.
    Also allowed him to use mana & Tinder Wall to double Grapeshot his single copy out of an otherwise weak Scapegoat combo.
    Seems better than Beck as Glimpses 5-8, despite not being able to start rolling off one, once you find 1 Glimpse you're good to go.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

It's not great but also has niche utility vs. DRS or a Surgical on your Glimpse.

any decklist with those hoof?

Thread Information