Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: [SPOILERS] New Phyrexia

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Re: [SPOILERS] New Phyrexia

I doubt it will work either, though I do remember when Thresh was the deck to beat and how easily mono-B control just wrecked it since it just removed all the threats so easily. It always makes me think about that.

Isolation cell is way expensive against all the things you'd want it for. Elves is the best target, but well they already are spewing elves by the time you can dump that thing. The sweeper approach is just plain better in the end. At least it works against other decks decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    LOL! I doubt this idea will work, but it sounds fun to try. You can run Cabal Therapy and possibily more one-mana discard. You run acceleration in the form of Dark Rit and Birds (which you can also flashback Therapy for). Maybe some creature removal or Damnation to protect against creatures that get though. You don't play any win conditions. You win by removing all your opponent's win conditions and then forcing them to concede or milling them.
    I still want to see the list that plays Relentless Rats with the intent of doing a deck self-destruct into some kind of combo.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I still want to see the list that plays Relentless Rats with the intent of doing a deck self-destruct into some kind of combo.
    This sounds awesome. With Extirpate and the new Phyrexian Extirpate, you just need...hmm...some lands, some discard outlets, and a combo. You'd still have at least 7 extra cards in the deck (the Extirpate effects), plus extra lands...hmm. Back to the drawing board.
    InfoNinjas

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    I doubt it will work either, though I do remember when Thresh was the deck to beat and how easily mono-B control just wrecked it since it just removed all the threats so easily. It always makes me think about that.

Isolation cell is way expensive against all the things you'd want it for. Elves is the best target, but well they already are spewing elves by the time you can dump that thing. The sweeper approach is just plain better in the end. At least it works against other decks decently.
    Soul Barrier is basically the same card, but cheaper.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    LOL! I doubt this idea will work, but it sounds fun to try. You can run Cabal Therapy and possibily more one-mana discard. You run acceleration in the form of Dark Rit and Birds (which you can also flashback Therapy for). Maybe some creature removal or Damnation to protect against creatures that get though. You don't play any win conditions. You win by removing all your opponent's win conditions and then forcing them to concede or milling them.
    Or you play other cards, some tutoring/filtering effects, and a Haunting Echoes. It's like the same thing only way better. You don't even have to maindeck the 1 of, actually, you can just run Burning Wish.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Thread Information