Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPT Win Turbo-Drazi 4-9 Connecticon

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Re: GPT Win Turbo-Drazi 4-9 Connecticon

Quote Originally Posted by warallthetimne View Post
    There was a legacy event several monthes ago at the umass dartmouth campus that rock wrote a flowery post about how amazing and inovating his "tournament winning" deck was. I know for a fact he didnt win the eventl...
    Last troll feeding. I swear. -2-19-11-Legacy-Underground-Seas]Link to the TO posting that I won the event in question on these forums.

You gave it a good attempt bridge-sitter, but eventually your swirling bloodcrazed logic got the best of you.

I hate Primeval Titan but I love this deck. Curse you, Lee, for bringing about such cognitive dissonance.

Mind Harness is quite obviously a kewl card, but why are you running it? It seems like of the creatures it can possibly snag, Gaddock Teeg is the only one you care about and Mind Harness doesn't actually do anything about him. There are better answers to Welder, so it can't be him can it?

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by evanmartyr View Post
    I hate Primeval Titan but I love this deck. Curse you, Lee, for bringing about such cognitive dissonance.

Mind Harness is quite obviously a kewl card, but why are you running it? It seems like of the creatures it can possibly snag, Gaddock Teeg is the only one you care about and Mind Harness doesn't actually do anything about him. There are better answers to Welder, so it can't be him can it?
    There are answers in the thread in the development forum on the deck, but to answer quickly. Mind Harness is equally for Knight of the Reliquary, Gaddock Teeg, and Goblin Lackey. As I mentioned, all teeg decks have to win by attacking and teeg only removes your ability to play your removal, not your win conditions. So buying time against them is everything you need. Welder has never been an issue and I wouldn't even side Mind Harness in against him.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Besides, stealing Teeg brings the attack phase to a screeching halt, otherwise they kill him via combat and you untap...
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Refuses to play dual lands
    Mar 2007
    Terryville, CT

It's not even funny how this deck can ignore the cumulative upkeep for mind harness as well. Most decks would have issues keeping it in play very long. Pay 8 to keep it? No problem!
    TEAM AWESOME

Well, at least we smell better

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_C View Post
    It's not even funny how this deck can ignore the cumulative upkeep for mind harness as well. Most decks would have issues keeping it in play very long. Pay 8 to keep it? No problem!
    There are also dirty tricks with repeal and Tabernacle you can pull with mind harness itself. As I mentioned, with a Harness'd Teeg your search is not hindered at all, so untapping to kill teeg via tabernacle trigger leaves you in the perfect Charlie Sheen winning situation. With non-teeg's Mind Harnessed you can repeal Mind Harness in response to the Tabernacle Trigger, return your mind harness, and let the tabernacle trigger kill the creature you don't control anymore, but whose trigger you control. Its dirty in a way that makes me respect swine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    and let the tabernacle trigger kill the creature you don't control anymore, but whose trigger you control. Its dirty in a way that makes me respect swine.
    Wow, that's dirty. Also, the first positive use for the re-errata of Tabernacle a year or so ago. (From Sacrifice to Destroy)
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Thread Information