Page 292 of 645 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    But as said, I am losing interest in explaining the same shit over and over again. I'm just tired of it.

Greetings
    Yes ... It has begun ... Young Jedi .... let the hatred consume you! Slay the critiques with your uncontrolled Anger!
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but in testing I did not like the Ponder build. I just found it did not have the punch that other builds have and that could hurt it. I found myself spending more time looking for things to do than actually doing anything. Maybe I am playing it wrong, but I can not see the draw of that list.
    Not just you. The online(mtgo) trends put an average of just 2 ponders at under 50% in all placing Miracles lists.

Edit: sorry, where are my manners? Mandatory Star Wars gif

Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Not just you. The online(mtgo) trends put an average of just 2 ponders at under 50% in all placing Miracles lists.
    I'd like to see this, but have no idea where to since I don't MODO. Link?

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    Apologies. Poor form on my part. Should have just linked it in my original post.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/9041#online

Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

ein, can you explain the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post

4 Ponder isn't catching on because people think it feels clunky. GP New Jersey is coming up; maybe these lists will dominate the top tables and Einherjer can take finally take the crown.

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by AnziD View Post
    ein, can you explain the changes?
    Nope, sorry. Got tired of explaining. People are pissing me off. I'll probably send it to you via PM during this week.

For all those who kind of care, that's the new list, used by Tomas and Angelo to split the finals of Ovino.

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Counterspell
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Counterbalance
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Entreat the Angels
    4 Terminus
    1 Council’s Judgement
    4 Sensei’s Divining Top
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Arid Mesa
    //////
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Pyroblast
    3 Flusterstorm
    1 Counterspell
    3 Vendilion Clique
    1 Disenchant
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Council’s Judgement
    1 Engineered Explosives

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Apr 2011
    the Netherlands

From very detailed answers to absolutely nothing? That's sad to see Einherjer...

Hmm still that 3th Flusterstorm, and still got only 2... But I'm still on the 2 Ponder list and mirrors run into my Pierces more than ever, enough to stick to my list (and Sneaky Show always scares me here). You are going to play that at the USA GP right =)? Good luck! We demand results and a series of new articles !

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by Lans89 View Post
    From very detailed answers to absolutely nothing? That's sad to see Einherjer...

Hmm still that 3th Flusterstorm, and still got only 2... But I'm still on the 2 Ponder list and mirrors run into my Pierces more than ever, enough to stick to my list (and Sneaky Show always scares me here). You are going to play that at the USA GP right =)? Good luck! We demand results and a series of new articles !
    Won't be forever, don't worry. But I have those phases where stubborn people piss me off and make me re-consider my time invested when I post here. Yeah, I'm going to GPNJ - together with Tomas Vlcek (and others) - but we will be playing this very deck. Depending on the actual turn-out of the GP (6000+ like really?) I do expect some kind of result from myself, but as my last 2 GPs were both pretty successful (56th and 4th) it'll be kind of hard to add a third one, we will see. Articles were about to be published, then Khans came along the way and pushed most of the Legacy content out of the way - let's see when I can keep publishing the articles again, sadly though the next article you'll see wasn't written with TC and DTT in mind (as I simply didn't know about them, back then)...

Well anyways, talk to you guys soon.

Greetings

Einherjer,
    As I am someone reentering this game after many years, I appreciate your willingness to teach what you know. So...Thank You!

Two Explores.
    Apr 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    4 Ponder isn't catching on because people think it feels clunky.
    How can a one mana cantrip feel clunky? Any deck not playing 4 Ponder 4 BS is just inferior to the meta.

Not surprised about UW taking down the Ovinomoon and I like the sideboard a lot, which usually gave me the most struggle. I'm also very excited about GP NJ coverage, can't wait for UW smashing some Delvers.
    Humphrey is always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    How can a one mana cantrip feel clunky? Any deck not playing 4 Ponder 4 BS is just inferior to the meta.

Not surprised about UW taking down the Ovinomoon and I like the sideboard a lot, which usually gave me the most struggle. I'm also very excited about GP NJ coverage, can't wait for UW smashing some Delvers.
    Because you are also playing 4 Sensei's Divining Tops and 3 Jace's. Playing 15 of the same effect leads people to wonder are you actually going to hit what you're looking for or simply more Ponder/Brainstorm-like effects that chain into each other. That's why they think it feels clunky. Even with the more standard 4 Brainstorm 4 SDT build with the Jace's, it's not uncommon to look at between 6-9 cards per turn if you want to. It's just a preference, but many people would just prefer to play 4 other answers that can interact directly. I'd say it's more of a meta call than anything. If your meta is generally afraid and passive to Miracles why not play 4 Ponder... but if they play against Miracles how they should be sometimes it's better to just have a few more counterspells, cliques, or blast effects in those slots.

Curiously, only 1 Treasure Cruise and 3 Dig Through Time in the Ovino top 8. Knowing the results of SCG NJ and this tournament for a week, I wonder if the lists with heavier KTK commitment were either too rough, not present, or beaten on the way to the elimination rounds.
    If TC was there in force but simply failed to penetrate the top tables, that would be interesting information to have. Are there reports either way from people who were there about whether TC was seeing play?
    Great success!

Jul 2014
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hi! there is the report of the winner of the LCL playing RUG with 3 treasure cruise: http://www.ingeniobcn.com/treasure-rug

it's written in spanish, but it's very interesting!

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Apologies. Poor form on my part. Should have just linked it in my original post.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adryan View Post
    One tournament when good players play a good list doesn't mean your list is the best out there. It only proves that your list is good and that they are good players and that Miracles is a good deck. Your list is not superior to all the other lists out there.

Maxime Gilles list for instance has more positive MU's overall than the Ponder build.
    Do you have a recent list for Gilles? I would love to see it.

Also I agree, @Phillip, obviously you are a very good pilot of the deck, not to mention have majorly contributed to the deck's development and popularity, but go easy on the militant push of the 4 ponder build, its obviously very good, but here are other options (depending on the individual's play style and personal meta, particularly in the US) are obviously viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltj999 View Post
    Do you have a recent list for Gilles? I would love to see it.
    No. I meant his GP Paris list.
    TheRiedl on Magic Online

About Magic Online:

I can play legacy whenever I want. Cardboard has no value. Data has no value. My time and enjoyment has high value to me. More legacy = more fun. Buy in.

When Obilivion Ring is said to be an equivalent counterpiece to Red Elemental Blast in regards to Show and Tell and Jace, you know all is lost.

Nope, sorry. Got tired of explaining. People are pissing me off. I'll probably send it to you via PM during this week.

For all those who kind of care, that's the new list, used by Tomas and Angelo to split the finals of Ovino.

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Counterspell
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Counterbalance
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Entreat the Angels
    4 Terminus
    1 Council’s Judgement
    4 Sensei’s Divining Top
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Arid Mesa
    //////
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Pyroblast
    3 Flusterstorm
    1 Counterspell
    3 Vendilion Clique
    1 Disenchant
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Council’s Judgement
    1 Engineered Explosives

Greetings
    With decks in the top8 of ovino, you do not think would have been better Vendilion main deck?
    The only "bad" match up, where vendilion are not good, is merfolk.

Last question, the mountain is so bad main deck?
    Not being able to put REB agaist RUG deck is a real shame (and every blue deck with wasteland), especially now with TC e DTT.

ps I apologize for my bad English

Thread Information