Page 472 of 645 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

I tried out spell snare/Predict today, even though I only had access to one (meaning I played 2 volcanic, 1 predict instead of 1 volcanic, 2 predict).

I actively hate the card, but jesus christ you can make some sweet sequences with that card. I played a match against a BR reanimator list, where I got to set it up, so I had top in play, he had griselbrand + Sire of insanity (both entered the battlefield that turn) and I had jace + top + predict in hand, with 2 terminus on top.

Predict target me, naming terminus - Bury the first terminus and miracle the second, drawing a counterspell. That was dirty, and I felt dirty doing so - How I think people feel when they play an Ancestral Visions off cascade.

I couldn't tell if the Spell Snare were better than spell pierce or not, but they did do something for me.

On a related note, I went 5-1, good for 25$ credit for the store, beating:
    Reanimator 2-1 (Lost turn 1 on the draw game 1)
    The Mirror (1-2)
    Storm (2-0)
    BR Reanimator (2-1, winning game 1 through double Chancellor of Annex, with that sweet predict play, and losing turn 1 in game 2. He had Chancellor + Turn 1 Iona on white - I don't play karakas.)
    Storm 2-1, losing game 1 to natural tendrils in hand, through Spell Snare - He needed me to counter his first cabal ritual to be able to get to storm 10).
    Colorless Eldrazi 2-0. (Both games I drew very good, at least he seems to think so. I drew a bunch of swords, a bunch of snapcaster and Jace. He didn't draw any reality smashers, and only two Thought-Knot Seer).

I purchased two Predict and two Spell snare in german, and just waiting for them to come. I'm playing 3 Snapcaster Mages and 1 Vendilion Clique over the 4 snapcaster/0 other creatures. I'm on two jace as well.

*Poron: Versus storm you play Flusterstorm. NOT trickbind. If you wanted such an effect, you would OBVIOUSLY play Stifle, as it cost's 1(u) instead of 2 (1u).

I play Flusterstorm as well as a 2/3x

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    I tried out spell snare/Predict today, even though I only had access to one (meaning I played 2 volcanic, 1 predict instead of 1 volcanic, 2 predict).

I actively hate the card, but jesus christ you can make some sweet sequences with that card. I played a match against a BR reanimator list, where I got to set it up, so I had top in play, he had griselbrand + Sire of insanity (both entered the battlefield that turn) and I had jace + top + predict in hand, with 2 terminus on top.

Predict target me, naming terminus - Bury the first terminus and miracle the second, drawing a counterspell. That was dirty, and I felt dirty doing so - How I think people feel when they play an Ancestral Visions off cascade.

I couldn't tell if the Spell Snare were better than spell pierce or not, but they did do something for me.

On a related note, I went 5-1, good for 25$ credit for the store, beating:
    Reanimator 2-1 (Lost turn 1 on the draw game 1)
    The Mirror (1-2)
    Storm (2-0)
    BR Reanimator (2-1, winning game 1 through double Chancellor of Annex, with that sweet predict play, and losing turn 1 in game 2. He had Chancellor + Turn 1 Iona on white - I don't play karakas.)
    Storm 2-1, losing game 1 to natural tendrils in hand, through Spell Snare - He needed me to counter his first cabal ritual to be able to get to storm 10).
    Colorless Eldrazi 2-0. (Both games I drew very good, at least he seems to think so. I drew a bunch of swords, a bunch of snapcaster and Jace. He didn't draw any reality smashers, and only two Thought-Knot Seer).

I purchased two Predict and two Spell snare in german, and just waiting for them to come. I'm playing 3 Snapcaster Mages and 1 Vendilion Clique over the 4 snapcaster/0 other creatures. I'm on two jace as well.

*Poron: Versus storm you play Flusterstorm. NOT trickbind. If you wanted such an effect, you would OBVIOUSLY play Stifle, as it cost's 1(u) instead of 2 (1u).
    Join ussssssssssss
    But in all seriousness, excellent to hear! And yeah, swapping creatures and playing a slightly more aggressive MD is likely just fine. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the sweet sequences you can do with the card! There are many others that I'm sure you'll find as you continue trying it out =P Keep us posted!

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    Join ussssssssssss
    But in all seriousness, excellent to hear! And yeah, swapping creatures and playing a slightly more aggressive MD is likely just fine. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the sweet sequences you can do with the card! There are many others that I'm sure you'll find as you continue trying it out =P Keep us posted!
    I literally have it like that other dude, "I'm actively trying to hate the card", but it was excellent.

I intend to play it some more, for the next couple of weeks, trying to get annoyed so annoyed at it, and going back to Mentors.

I won most games with Jace, which means I might actually try to find room for a third one.

I lost game 1 in the mirror. He had turn 1 top, so did I. he had turn two counterbalance, which I fow. He has turn 3 counterbalance, which I snare, and he has maindeck Pyroblast. Disgusting.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Time to dust off the Moat(s).

What's the tech for Eldrazi Stompy?

Moat? haha they play 15 Worldbreaker per game, being it recurring..

It might be time for Peacekeeper thought...

anyway: well done WotC now decks without fetchlands and duals are possible, fun and consistent.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post

It might be time for Peacekeeper thought...

anyway: well done WotC now decks without fetchlands and duals are possible, fun and consistent.
    I think even Humility isn't going to be helpful, since the cards trigger upon cast and are not affected by Humility at that point i think?
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Lists with Worldbreakers run 2, tops. Getting to 7 mana is still a chore, especially when 1 of them must be green. Moat x Blood Moon is the super spicy tech that you're always trying to push. Try it out sometime ;)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I've been playing the Spell Snare + Predict the last 3 locals.

Predict is literally cheating.

Only problem I have with these lists, is the last of 3 drops for our counterbalance, otherwise I really like the list. It feels incredible smooth, and the mirror is pretty insanely favoured if you run predict and they don't - Also because you can actually filter your bad cards in game 1 (swords/terminus).

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

But you lost the mirror match that event... Was he also running Predict?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    But you lost the mirror match that event... Was he also running Predict?
    He was running maindeck REB. :(

Hey guys, the predict version has really made me curious about it. I'm thinking of trying it out, but the only thing I'm not sure about is only 2 Jaces. Is it enough? :)

EDIT: I just saw anzi running in a daily with 4 Predict and 19 lands. Such madman ;D
    Last edited by Azunjan; 02-14-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Jun 2007
    Berlin, Germany

I made the first place in Hannover yesterday, read the tournament report here. I played my flavour of Ponder-Miracles and think it suits me really well atm, didn't know of anything I would change beside fiddling with the flex slots in the SB (that's Sulfur Elemental and Blood Moon for me).

Deck: Miracle Control

//Main
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Counterbalance
    2 Counterspell
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Entreat the Angels
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Force of Will
    4 Island
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Karakas
    2 Monastery Mentor
    2 Plains
    4 Ponder
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Terminus
    3 Tundra
    1 Volcanic Island
    2 Wasteland

//Sideboard
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Sulfur Elemental
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Vendilion Clique
    1 Wear // Tear

Deck Stats

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy#paper

Seems ironic for Predict to be in half of decklists, but Miracles gets eclipsed by Shardless?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

@Acidhead how was crucible?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Azunjan View Post
    Hey guys, the predict version has really made me curious about it. I'm thinking of trying it out, but the only thing I'm not sure about is only 2 Jaces. Is it enough? :)

EDIT: I just saw anzi running in a daily with 4 Predict and 19 lands. Such madman ;D

:)

I feel like that was my daily to 4-0. I lost to _goblinlackey on Grixis Delver because I only saw 2 STPs in around 40 cards? And this was by turn 8 or 9.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AnziD View Post
    :)

I feel like that was my daily to 4-0. I lost to _goblinlackey on Grixis Delver because I only saw 2 STPs in around 40 cards? And this was by turn 8 or 9.
    How did the list perform otherwise?

Was it to test the Turbo Xerox principle wrt to Miracles?

nice tech ideas, acidhead, I do feel mana denial is an issue nowadays. Crucible can help on that and with Wasteland you really get some help against many decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    How did the list perform otherwise?

Was it to test the Turbo Xerox principle wrt to Miracles?
    Really well so far. I still need a lot more testing but I am slowly starting to consider this for SCG Philly

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AnziD View Post
    Really well so far. I still need a lot more testing but I am slowly starting to consider this for SCG Philly
    Are you playing the daily today? Stream please?

Thread Information