Page 291 of 645 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrataal View Post
    I've been testing Dig Through Time as well and 2 so far has been the optimal number substituting 2 Ponders in the 4 Ponder Build of Einherjer. 3 often enough was too clunky or I didn't wanna cast it with Snapcaster targets in the GY. 1 is too random. 2 felt good and leaves enough material for Snapcaster to be valuable. Of course if you do not play him it doesn't matter.
    Two is the number I found to be correct as well, and Im even running 3 Snaps. Snaping back this card feels amazing, I'm really blown away with how much this card has impressed me.

Aug 2011
    Catalunya, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Zllig View Post
    Two is the number I found to be correct as well, and Im even running 3 Snaps. Snaping back this card feels amazing, I'm really blown away with how much this card has impressed me.
    You can't snap back Dig Through Time using Delve.
    Currently playing in Legacy:

Burn
    Affinity
    Merfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadell~ View Post
    Are you sure? According to Gatherer (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...through%20Time), delve isn't an alternative cost. So you cast Snap, target DTT, cast the spell, and when you pay costs you use the Delve ability of the card to decrease costs. I know Snap doesn't allow alternative costs, but this seems like it's an ability that allows you to pay less. I'm really not sure but would like to know.

Dec 2011
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadell~ View Post
    Yes you can. Delve is not an alternate cost, it's a cost reduction, and can be used with flashback.

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Zllig View Post
    I'll likely try DTT in a miracles shell tonight, see what I think. Very small sample but it's something.
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Here's something to think about: 1st Dig Through Time or 4th Jace?

Oh my God. I have a real important event coming up and I dont know how worried i should be about the new delve cards. I have done some testing on cockatrice but most people are... well lets say not that good on there. Has anybody done some intesive testing with any of the miracle builds against treasure cruising delvers? are Pyroblasts and Red Blasts now mandatory? If so, two is ideal, right?

I don't know an awful lot about this deck so I thought I'd read through the primer and see if I could pick a few things up, and I noticed that it's more than a little out of date. The comments on match-ups and sideboarding plans talk about irrelevant decks while missing out anything that actually gets played these days, and the section card choices is so utterly anachronistic that it doesn't even mention Terminus or Entreat!

Can we get this fixed?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I play Moat main, it kills everything that is not Delver flat. Also, if you get Countertop online, do not fear the Delve because to while they might draw 3 cards, all of them will be in a CMC range that is easy to counter.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Here's something to think about: 1st Dig Through Time or 4th Jace?
    I'm currently playing both.
    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    If you pay me or give me some benefits, I might consider writing reports.
    Can I pay you for not posting in this thread?
    The conspiracy goes deeper than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    That's.... that's not how deckbuilding works.

Quote Originally Posted by ANRoebuck View Post
    I don't know an awful lot about this deck so I thought I'd read through the primer and see if I could pick a few things up, and I noticed that it's more than a little out of date. The comments on match-ups and sideboarding plans talk about irrelevant decks while missing out anything that actually gets played these days, and the section card choices is so utterly anachronistic that it doesn't even mention Terminus or Entreat!

Can we get this fixed?
    This is something that definitely needs to get handled sometime soon. I would volunteer to do it but I'm rather swamped with school at the moment. If no one works on it within the next few weeks, I should be able to get on it when I'm done with midterms.

In the mean time ANRoebuck, I suggest you look Einjerher's articles on Eternal Central and Starcitygames. They are linked in his signature in any of his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by decan View Post
    Oh my God. I have a real important event coming up and I dont know how worried i should be about the new delve cards. I have done some testing on cockatrice but most people are... well lets say not that good on there. Has anybody done some intesive testing with any of the miracle builds against treasure cruising delvers? are Pyroblasts and Red Blasts now mandatory? If so, two is ideal, right?
    Cut the Legends, Snapcasters, Spell Pierces, etc. to squeeze in 4-5 REBs and rule over S&T, Delver, Treasure Cruise and the Mirror
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Cut the Legends, Snapcasters, Spell Pierces, etc. to squeeze in 4-5 REBs and rule over S&T, Delver, Treasure Cruise and the Mirror
    Please don't give over-reacting responses. With that said, the builds with MD Blasts are now better than ever. You don't even have to run Legend build. Yim and creature-less version have some relevance as well.

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Please don't give over-reacting responses. With that said, the builds with MD Blasts are now better than ever. You don't even have to run Legend build. Yim and creature-less version have some relevance as well.
    By Yim are you referring to Chi Hoi? I thought he was on a slightly modded version of Joe's list.
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Quote Originally Posted by exallium View Post
    By Yim are you referring to Chi Hoi? I thought he was on a slightly modded version of Joe's list.
    You are correct....

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Two good friends of mine, Tomas Vlcek and Angelo Cadei just met in the finals of Ovino9, both piloting the one and only and best 4-Ponder version with the correct sideboard. Angelo took it down 2-1.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Mar 2013

Maybe it's just me, but in testing I did not like the Ponder build. I just found it did not have the punch that other builds have and that could hurt it. I found myself spending more time looking for things to do than actually doing anything. Maybe I am playing it wrong, but I can not see the draw of that list.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    Two good friends of mine, Tomas Vlcek and Angelo Cadei just met in the finals of Ovino9, both piloting the one and only and best 4-Ponder version with the correct sideboard. Angelo took it down 2-1.

Greetings
    Assuming it's your signature list? ;-)

Maybe it's just me, but in testing I did not like the Ponder build. I just found it did not have the punch that other builds have and that could hurt it. I found myself spending more time looking for things to do than actually doing anything. Maybe I am playing it wrong, but I can not see the draw of that list.
    I had the exact opposite. 0 Ponder list and lots of times had 1-2 Brainstorms in hand and SDT revealing nothing useful for several turns and no shuffle effects (10 fetch MD). But i must also add that i don't like having 8 cantrips and 4 (mandatory) SDT. As you said, it feels like it's missing that "punch". I haven't found my personal mix yet. Sometimes you'd wanted Brainstorm to be Ponder and sometimes the other way around.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

It's the list of my signature, but we built a different sideboard, based on Angelo Cadei's ideas, which solved one problem I had with constructing a good sideboard.

And, to be perfectly honest, I don't really care any more if people (don't) like this list. I am more sure than ever before that it is superior to whatever else is out there, and these two meeting in the finals is just another proof of that, I mean they were the only two with this exact configuration. But as said, I am losing interest in explaining the same shit over and over again. I'm just tired of it.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Mar 2013

Look man, I am not trying to pick at you. I have read what you have posted, I have ready everything in your signature. I have read everything else I can find and I have watched Vids. I just personally find that I rather the build with Moon and Thopter. That's not a Dig at you, no insult or abuse, it's just me. I can not see the draw of your list. I understand your points, maybe I am playing it wrong, maybe it's just not suited to how I play. I don't know, I just know that with your build the deck feels like rice paper in many hands while I am trying to stop a train. It's something, but I am better off with a different tool.

Thread Information