Page 557 of 645 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,140 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

they play, anyway 1-2 Grips, 3-4 Decays and 2-3 Surgical

I am not sure we want to cut on creature removals.. Curfew, also, is a very much alive sideboard card for us.

Celestial Purge as well (Liliana, Griselbrand, Sneak Attack Dark Confidant, Molten Vortex, Shanan and Marit Lage).

I doesn't resolve Emrakul at all anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Slaughter Games was discussed as a sideboardcard on the Lands forum, for this very scenario (extracting plows), and based on the assumption Terminus gets sided out. How effective do you guys consider this strategy?
    Even if Slaughter Games has happened, you hold Karakas in your hand and never put it in play. When 20/20 happens, assuming you have CB blocking Pfire, you can use Clique/Angel to block, then you Karakas bounce it.

This all-in on Slaughter strategy is only effective if Lands can ramp up to 4 Mana quickly And it doesn't accidentally dredge Slaughter Games into grave. You have better chance of early rush-win if you just focus on getting a 20/20 out early, and ask the Miracles player if you have StP.

The focus of this MU is not about the 20/20, it's about turning off the Loam Engine and Lands' hate cards: Choke, Chalice, Boseiju, Boil, and Ghost Quarter. If you can turn off Lands' Engine while navigating yourself from hate cards blow-out, you'll win. Lands will 100% go after your White source, Basic and Non-Basic. I have survived turn 1 Choke before, everyone has his ridiculous long game story(s) against Lands. Stay focused and you can win with anything, not necessarily via Jace. Vice-versa, I have never survived when Lands' player is abled to quickly assemble Ghost Quarter + Loam Engine.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Even if Slaughter Games has happened, you hold Karakas in your hand and never put it in play. When 20/20 happens, assuming you have CB blocking Pfire, you can use Clique/Angel to block, then you Karakas bounce it.

This all-in on Slaughter strategy is only effective if Lands can ramp up to 4 Mana quickly And it doesn't accidentally dredge Slaughter Games into grave. You have better chance of early rush-win if you just focus on getting a 20/20 out early, and ask the Miracles player if you have StP.

The focus of this MU is not about the 20/20, it's about turning off the Loam Engine and Lands' hate cards: Choke, Chalice, Boseiju, Boil, and Ghost Quarter. If you can turn off Lands' Engine while navigating yourself from hate cards blow-out, you'll win. Lands will 100% go after your White source, Basic and Non-Basic. I have survived turn 1 Choke before, everyone has his ridiculous long game story(s) against Lands. Stay focused and you can win with anything, not necessarily via Jace. Vice-versa, I have never survived when Lands' player is abled to quickly assemble Ghost Quarter + Loam Engine.
    Assuming you have a CB lock which doesn't get gripped, assuming you have the Karakas in hand, assuming you have a Clique and/or Angels to block...that's a lot of assumptions. Not everyone even plays Karakas.

I'm not saying Slaughter Games is that good, but you can't approach a matchup with this thinking in mind, it's just not realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

slaughter games is a great card whose only problem is to be 1 mana too expensive.

Else, combo wouldn't be a thing and it would be 60$

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Three quotes is a bit too many otherwise I'd sig it, that is gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Three quotes is a bit too many otherwise I'd sig it, that is gold.
    I got you, fam.
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

is Rest In Peace simply too slow for Reanimator? Also, people have been cutting Vendilion Cliques lately. is this correct? why are people removing Vendilion Clique from their sideboard?

I was serious. You would cast it off Shaman on turn 2

Vs SneakShow you name Sneak Attack and then you just play around SnT the whole game..

Vs Storm ones you name Infernal Tutor or Burning Wish

Vs Cloudpost you name Primeval Titan, because for everything else you have From the Ashes

But, hey, it costs 4 and sucks

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    I was serious. You would cast it off Shaman on turn 2

Vs SneakShow you name Sneak Attack and then you just play around SnT the whole game..

Vs Storm ones you name Infernal Tutor or Burning Wish

Vs Cloudpost you name Primeval Titan, because for everything else you have From the Ashes

But, hey, it costs 4 and sucks
    So, lost legacy?

off a Boseiju? yes, it would be strong the same vs combo

its main strentgh is that you never "jam" it. You always resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by drocker23 View Post
    is Rest In Peace simply too slow for Reanimator? Also, people have been cutting Vendilion Cliques lately. is this correct? why are people removing Vendilion Clique from their sideboard?
    RiP is not too slow against UB Reanimator, it might be against BR Reanimator.

Who's this "people" you're referring to? Could it be some regional meta? If people start to pick up Sneak and Show because of GP Chiba, you want to have Clique in your 75 somewhere. Karakas and Clique simply win games.

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    RiP is not too slow against UB Reanimator, it might be against BR Reanimator.

Who's this "people" you're referring to? Could it be some regional meta? If people start to pick up Sneak and Show because of GP Chiba, you want to have Clique in your 75 somewhere. Karakas and Clique simply win games.
    "People" refers to the decklists that have been showing up on websites as of late. the grand prix had a lot of miracles list that didn't have clique in the 75. mtgtop8 and websites like that.

is it reasonable to board out some number of Sensei's Divining Tops against decks where your Divining Tops are under attack? Like Chalice of the Void, Pithing Needle, Null Rod, Phyrexian Revoker and stuff like that? I'm not including Abrupt Decay in this question because against Abrupt Decays, I'll board out Counterbalances so I'm not looking to cut Top against those decks.

is it reasonable to board out some number of Sensei's Divining Tops against decks where your Divining Tops are under attack? Like Chalice of the Void, Pithing Needle, Null Rod, Phyrexian Revoker and stuff like that? I'm not including Abrupt Decay in this question because against Abrupt Decays, I'll board out Counterbalances so I'm not looking to cut Top against those decks.
    No. I hesitate to use the term "never" but you should never, ever be boarding out Top it is unquestionably the best card in our deck. There is no reason to play CB without top. Even if they have hate you board in ways to deal with that hate. Miracles is so much worse without Top. There are a multiple ways to approach Miracles from deck design standpoint, you can look at it as a Counter-top deck that plays miracle cards like Terminus, EtA etc, Schonegger recommends approaching Miracles as a Top-Terminus deck that happens to play Counterbalance but both of these view incorporate Top as the nexus of the deck. In that sense I don't think there's a way to viably construct Miracles without Top, and if you board out top that's exactly what you're trying to do.

In response to RIP,

In my list I mainboard RiP and it's definitely good against UB Reanimator and I can usually hold them of until I get to jam it but it can be dicey against RB.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    No. I hesitate to use the term "never" but you should never, ever be boarding out Top it is unquestionably the best card in our deck. There is no reason to play CB without top. Even if they have hate you board in ways to deal with that hate. Miracles is so much worse without Top. There are a multiple ways to approach Miracles from deck design standpoint, you can look at it as a Counter-top deck that plays miracle cards like Terminus, EtA etc, Schonegger recommends approaching Miracles as a Top-Terminus deck that happens to play Counterbalance but both of these view incorporate Top as the nexus of the deck. In that sense I don't think there's a way to viably construct Miracles without Top, and if you board out top that's exactly what you're trying to do.
    This. Games where you land a Top your percentages of winning are vastly greater than games where you don't ever see one. To contrast, you can win games without ever landing a CB. You never want to not have Top, even if you expect hate for it. You just bring in anti-hate hate.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

These are all fair points. That's why I wanted to ask the question. It was a thought I had and I wanted to know if there was any merit to it. Doesn't sound like there is.

and just to be clear...

i wasn't implying you board out ALL tops. maybe just 1 when you know your opponent can turn 1 Chalice of the Void, or when you know they have Phyrexian Revoker and are bringing in Pithing Needle, or when you know they're bringing in both Pithing Needle and Null Rod against you.

i suppose against chalice deck Ponder is the card we want to shave then?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

These are all fair points. That's why I wanted to ask the question. It was a thought I had and I wanted to know if there was any merit to it. Doesn't sound like there is.

and just to be clear...

i wasn't implying you board out ALL tops. maybe just 1 when you know your opponent can turn 1 Chalice of the Void, or when you know they have Phyrexian Revoker and are bringing in Pithing Needle, or when you know they're bringing in both Pithing Needle and Null Rod against you.

i suppose against chalice deck Ponder is the card we want to shave then?
    Yes, you shave ponders, in case you have haymakers besides the traditional hate. Shaving ponder for situational cards aren't advisable though.

I've been seeing a lot more back to basics in sideboards and maindecks - what matchups is it considered good in?

Example being this Yuuya Watanabe list from Chiba: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14104&d=283873&f=LE

Quote Originally Posted by neverhasit View Post
    I've been seeing a lot more back to basics in sideboards and maindecks - what matchups is it considered good in?

Example being this Yuuya Watanabe list from Chiba: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14104&d=283873&f=LE
    It's a hoser against Eldrazi. It has application in other matchups against 3 and 4 color decks. But it's mostly there to hose Eldrazi.

what do you think is the more important card in mentor miracles:

the 3rd copy of Snapcaster Mage or the 3rd copy of Jace, the Mind Sculptor?

Thread Information