Page 612 of 645 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613614615616622 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Re: Miracle Control

Technically, this deck should never have been a Source DTB since we never had a primer.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Technically, this deck should never have been a Source DTB since we never had a primer.
    One of the early ideas was to give each of the DTB's its own subform in the DTB section. There is actually 4 of these sub forums hidden from view in there, one for Countertop with a Primer. It would not have been hard to move that across if it was really required, even though it is out of date as fuck now.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Burning Wish was a success in testing! It ended up being a much better win condition/answer than I had expected. Somebody in the last page said they were wary of Entreat as a win condition which kinda had me thinking of alternative win conditions and Burning Wish pretty much fit that bill. The cards I ended up grabbing most often was Supreme Verdict, From the Ashes and By Force. Just having that extra answer just makes having an actual kill condition academic.

There were games where I grabbed Entreat the Angels with Burning Wish while I was still ahead. Post-board I am probably boarding the EtA in anyway, so it will remain for the time being.

Can you actually grab that ETA and play it? It seems incredibly slow.

I was trying to do the same thing with Personal Tutor (since it puts it on top, you get the miracle trigger) and I was just losing huge card advantage with Terminus since my opponents could just crap out a steady stream of threats one at a time and I would run out of cards before they ran out of Gurmags. Burning Wish does not cause card disadvantage, so you may have something. It is also dirt cheap due to the reprint.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

"I'm not dead yet. I'm getting better. I don't want to go on the cart."

5-0 on MTGO today:

// Planeswalker (3)
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// Creature (6)
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Vendilion Clique

// Sorcery (8)
    1 Entreat the Angels
    4 Ponder
    3 Terminus

// Instant (22)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Predict
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Unexpectedly Absent

// Enchantment (1)
    1 Blood Moon

// Land (20)
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Blood Moon
    SB: 1 Terminus
    SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 3 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Hydroblast
    SB: 1 Mountain
    SB: 3 Pyroblast
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    "I'm not dead yet. I'm getting better. I don't want to go on the cart."

5-0 on MTGO today:

// Planeswalker (3)
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// Creature (6)
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Vendilion Clique

// Sorcery (8)
    1 Entreat the Angels
    4 Ponder
    3 Terminus

// Instant (22)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Predict
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Unexpectedly Absent

// Enchantment (1)
    1 Blood Moon

// Land (20)
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Blood Moon
    SB: 1 Terminus
    SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 3 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Hydroblast
    SB: 1 Mountain
    SB: 3 Pyroblast
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    I totally love that list. A report is coming ?

Congrats to osmanozguney for getting the first 5-0 with Miracles since the SDT ban. The list is a Predict build with no Counterbalance and a maindeck Blood Moon. It utilizes the basic Mountain in the board and 3 Terminus + 1 ETA. It looks like he's actually using Predict in tandem with Unexpectedly Absent as a kill spell that generates card advantage, which is really awesome.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    "i'm not dead yet. I'm getting better. I don't want to go on the cart."

5-0 on mtgo today:

// planeswalker (3)
    3 jace, the mind sculptor

// creature (6)
    4 snapcaster mage
    2 vendilion clique

// sorcery (8)
    1 entreat the angels
    4 ponder
    3 terminus

// instant (22)
    4 brainstorm
    4 counterspell
    4 force of will
    4 predict
    4 swords to plowshares
    2 unexpectedly absent

// enchantment (1)
    1 blood moon

// land (20)
    2 arid mesa
    4 flooded strand
    4 island
    2 plains
    4 scalding tarn
    2 tundra
    2 volcanic island

// sideboard
    sb: 1 blood moon
    sb: 1 terminus
    sb: 2 engineered explosives
    sb: 3 flusterstorm
    sb: 1 hydroblast
    sb: 1 mountain
    sb: 3 pyroblast
    sb: 3 surgical extraction
    he liiiiiivvvveeessssss
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    he liiiiiivvvveeessssss

Been a while since I've seen Counterspells maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Arschmann View Post
    Can you actually grab that ETA and play it? It seems incredibly slow.

I was trying to do the same thing with Personal Tutor (since it puts it on top, you get the miracle trigger) and I was just losing huge card advantage with Terminus since my opponents could just crap out a steady stream of threats one at a time and I would run out of cards before they ran out of Gurmags. Burning Wish does not cause card disadvantage, so you may have something. It is also dirt cheap due to the reprint.
    Vs decks with Gurmag Angler I tend to grab From the Ashes. I have only ever grabbed Entreat the Angels vs DnT which is maybe the deck that doesn't stop me from Brainstorm chaining my EtA on top and casting it for my Miracle cost. I have grabbed EtA while I was completely dominating a Blue match up I was playing against but any win condition would have been adaquate by that point.

But yeah, the fact that Burning Wish was a $1 a piece is what motivated me to try it out. That and Anzi104's old stream which looked bad at the time because the deck's primary concern at the time was slot but now we can't exactly worry about slots now that Top is gone.

Good job on the 5-0, but I still will withhold judgment until I start testing my list on MTGO in earnest. I DO like the heavy predict nature of the build, but I think I'd prefer more counterbalances in place of the counterspells. Idk, portent has been great for me.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Just to be clear, it wasn't my 5-0; I was just happy to see it

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has continued testing and contributing to this thread. I'm currently testing a bunch of different control variants but I've picked up some great ideas from all of you in here.

I'd like to test out the Portent Miracles, and the Unexpectedly Absent/Predict combo looks really interesting as well.

It's good to know people are still working on building a viable control deck in Legacy!

Unexpected Absence is a good catch. Besides just your opponent's shuffle effects and your Predicts, you could even use Portents as well.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_b1rd View Post
    Unexpected Absence is a good catch. Besides just your opponent's shuffle effects and your Predicts, you could even use Portents as well.
    you can also +2 on jace, or wait until their draw step and clique it. (he also has surgical in the sb to shuffle)
    -rob

I personally find it impressive that Miracles is probably the first deck to make Time Ebb playable.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

<= legion land loss.
    -rob

Wonder how the 5-0 list would look if we swapped out Ponder for Portent? I think Ponder is generally better but the miracle trigger you get with Portent could occasionally be useful.

Looking at it, there are a lot of neat subtle lines of play.

-Jace +2 into Predict: if your opponent's top card of their library is good, bin it

-Unexpectedly Absent into Jace + 2: a Terminus for one permanent

-Unexpectedly Absent into Vendilion Clique: also a Terminus for one permanent but they get a card and you get a 3/1 flyer

-Unexpectedly Absent into Predict: a Maelstrom Pulse-like effect where you get two cards on top of killing a permanent (I love the flavor of this one, your opponent's guy just disappears without a trace and they find his body shortly afterwards)

-Unexpectedly Absent on your own Snapcaster to save him and recast him to get another flashback spell

If you have a cantrip or a Jace + 0, you can use Predict to set up miracle effects, as I'm sure most of you are aware. If you reveal 2 garbages + a miracle, you can set the miracle second from the top and Predict for it, naming the first garbage card. If you reveal a garbage and 2 miracles, you can put the two Miracles on top and then Predict during your opponent's turn naming a card they don't have and targeting them so you draw the miracle during their turn and then cast the second miracle during your own turn if you want.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Arschmann View Post
    Wonder how the 5-0 list would look if we swapped out Ponder for Portent? I think Ponder is generally better but the miracle trigger you get with Portent could occasionally be useful.

Looking at it, there are a lot of neat subtle lines of play.

-Jace +2 into Predict: if your opponent's top card of their library is good, bin it

-Unexpectedly Absent into Jace + 2: a Terminus for one permanent

-Unexpectedly Absent into Vendilion Clique: also a Terminus for one permanent but they get a card and you get a 3/1 flyer

-Unexpectedly Absent into Predict: a Maelstrom Pulse-like effect where you get two cards on top of killing a permanent (I love the flavor of this one, your opponent's guy just disappears without a trace and they find his body shortly afterwards)

-Unexpectedly Absent on your own Snapcaster to save him and recast him to get another flashback spell

If you have a cantrip or a Jace + 0, you can use Predict to set up miracle effects, as I'm sure most of you are aware. If you reveal 2 garbages + a miracle, you can set the miracle second from the top and Predict for it, naming the first garbage card. If you reveal a garbage and 2 miracles, you can put the two Miracles on top and then Predict during your opponent's turn naming a card they don't have and targeting them so you draw the miracle during their turn and then cast the second miracle during your own turn if you want.
    Why not...just play both?
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Thread Information