Page 621 of 645 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,420 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Arschmann View Post
    I like Clique in this deck because it is highly synergistic with our draw-go strategy that heavily manipulates the draw step and you can reset stray miracles in your hand with it or use it as a Terminus trigger in an emergency. 3 power in the air is an OK clock.
    Has anyone tried a lantern lock approach with manipulating the drawstep being the 'wincon' itself? Perhaps the lantern core is just too many cards to slot in.

I'm going to a Legacy event this weekend but have low expectations of winning. I certainly do want to have fun durdling is kinda my jam. So so far this is the list I am expecting to register and any ideas to throw my way would be great.

4 flooded strand
    4 scalding tarn
    1 arid mesa
    3 tundra
    2 volcanic island
    2 plains
    1 mountain
    4 island

3 snapcaster mage

2 jace, the mind-sculptor
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 portent
    4 predict
    1 spell snare
    1 spell pierce
    2 counterspell
    4 force of will
    4 swords to plowshares
    1 engineered explosives
    2 burning wish
    3 terminus

Sideboard

1 by force
    1 from the ashes
    1 supreme verdict
    1 council's judgment
    1 entreat the angels
    1 snapcaster mage
    2 red elemental blast
    2 pyroblast
    2 surgical extraction
    3 flusterstorm

Right now I am considering cutting the EE and the Council's Judgment from the deck. I would swap the EE for an Unexpectedly Absent and the CJ in the board for an anti-combo card of some sort just for slots reasons. Supreme Verdict has been great vs TNN and DnT decks so far having never needed the CJ. I suppose I could keep it around just because Planeswalkers exist and do do things. Am not sure what to do with that slot.

I might also cut the 4th REB effect for a Canonist. Was originally intending -1 CJ and -1 REB for two Canonists.

Any suggestions or ideas off the top of anybody's head would be helpful. I'm even considering cutting the Burning Wish package but still want to try the idea under the gun at a tournament before I dismiss it.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

I bought into MTGO early last week, and my record with the deck is as follows:
    13 4-1s
    6 3-2s
    4 2-3s
    Phenomenal, in short, but the 5-0 is very elusive :(.
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Aug 2014
    New Jersey

Got messed up tonight. 1-3 drop and 2-3. Losses were 2 Belcher, 2 Grixis Delver, 1 Grixis Serpant/Reveler, 4c Loam.

Had a couple of games against lands last night, and found it to be a very tough matchup.

B2B isnt nearly as good against lands as Blood Moon, and i found myself wishing that it was surgical instead.

What are the matchups that B2B has performed for you guys?

I really think we need to reconsider counterbalance for lands/storm etc. & blood moon for lands.

Aug 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    I really think we need to reconsider counterbalance for lands/storm etc. & blood moon for lands.
    Storm think is fine. I can see Moon maybe.

* Canonist - While it's great at hosing storm, I feel it doesn't offer as much cross-matchup utility like cbalance or meddling mage. The card has performed very well for me in the storm matchup, but feels like a waste of sideboard space otherwise
    * B2B vs Moon - Moon just completely GGs decks like Lands.

Burning Wish for From the Ashes is what I have in mind vs Lands. :D

If you guys want to chat in realtime, we can hijack this discord channel (/r/spikes Legacy...somewhat apropos)

https://discordapp.com/channels/2948...66715693809665

So I just sleeved up this new topless miracles and it feels good but I ran into 2 punishing decks at my LGS so the only way around it is to ETA and bounce their Deeds before that? both times it was against Nic Fit. Game 1 feels real bad when they have P fires online any advice on this?

Nice article and interview Whitefaces

So can we officially call this deck Topsgonewild?

Nice article and interview Whitefaces

So can we officially call this deck Topsgonewild?
    What article?

Quote Originally Posted by KZhang View Post
    What article?
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...ted-appearance

CB does have a spot against Lands. If you are able to have 2 CMC 2 cards in your hand. Just resolve Jace and float 2 CMC 2 cards via Jace activation. This way there's no way Lands player can find opportunity to Pfire or loam before or after your own draw step.

* Canonist - While it's great at hosing storm, I feel it doesn't offer as much cross-matchup utility like cbalance or meddling mage. The card has performed very well for me in the storm matchup, but feels like a waste of sideboard space otherwise
    There is this card called Boseiju, in which Omni-show or Omni-Sneak often like to use. In such case, you should just cantrip your way into Canonist + Disenchant/UA in hand. When they Show and Tell off Boseiju, you can then drop Canonist and most likely they'll drop Omni. If they drop anything else like Griselbrand or a Sneak Attack, it might become an issue, but that's why we run Karakas, and Needle is still a diverse SB card.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by KZhang View Post
    Had a couple of games against lands last night, and found it to be a very tough matchup.

B2B isnt nearly as good against lands as Blood Moon, and i found myself wishing that it was surgical instead.

What are the matchups that B2B has performed for you guys?
    Lands is definitely a lot tougher now, it's part of the reason why there are three Surgical Extraction in my sideboard. I don't think even Blood Moon is that much of a slam dunk vs them. It buys time, but they play Gamble, Krosan Grip, Mox Diamond and basic Forest to get around it pretty easily, you need to back it up with pressure. With CB we were able to cut off the Gamble and Mox Diamond part of that, and also overload their decays. Now I'm not so sure, so I'm going aggro with Mentor and lots of Surgical Snap Surgicals for now.

Aluren and Food Chain are both bad matchups too, where Canonist helps. I think Storm is being played and good enough to dedicate these sideboard slots to.

No offense, but if you think Moon is GG vs Lands you need to play it a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by RankaLee View Post
    So I just sleeved up this new topless miracles and it feels good but I ran into 2 punishing decks at my LGS so the only way around it is to ETA and bounce their Deeds before that? both times it was against Nic Fit. Game 1 feels real bad when they have P fires online any advice on this?
    Jace is the usual way to beat Nic Fit, but Punishing Fire is really rough, probably can't beat that in G1. Hope to surgical it G2.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Good point on lands. I only have experience playing Turbo Depths at the GP level, but am admittedly not well versed in the RG variant (Can't afford tabernacle).

I will grind 5 leagues with the current stocklist before suggesting any changes.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Happy banniversary guys!

One month and putting up results again! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Lands is definitely a lot tougher now, it's part of the reason why there are three Surgical Extraction in my sideboard. I don't think even Blood Moon is that much of a slam dunk vs them. It buys time, but they play Gamble, Krosan Grip, Mox Diamond and basic Forest to get around it pretty easily, you need to back it up with pressure. With CB we were able to cut off the Gamble and Mox Diamond part of that, and also overload their decays. Now I'm not so sure, so I'm going aggro with Mentor and lots of Surgical Snap Surgicals for now.
    Pretty much the only way i managed to beat them as well. with Mentor, Snaps and Surgical. Not sure if your latest iterations still run B2B, but im considering dropping it completely from the board.
    • Only really useful for specific matchups.
    • For the matchups that we need it most, it does not put us significant ahead as compared to Blood Moon
    • For decks that its annoying against: 3-4 colors, it's easier to remove - Red Blasts + land drops

what other matchups has B2B been a must play for you?

Once it comes online, the only way to win pre-board is to dig aggressively for the entreat and attempt to race.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

I think you don't see the true power of canonist against other combo decks. It's great against sneak and show, it's great at stalling against Food Chain, and it's really really good at drawing the game out to a point where our engine comes online. Let's us one for one forever against burn, for example. Small nuances, but I would much prefer the KNOWN power of the card rather than the unknown power of CB in most cases. Sure it's not a catchall but the card is still extremely powerful and we are well equipped to utilize it with our fist full of countermagic.
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Thread Information