Page 101 of 645 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

May 2011
    Worcester, MA

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    I hope everyone I play against spends slots in their 75 on Notion thief.

On another note, what do you guys think of the pox matchup? I was play testing the other night and got murdered by that deck, hardly stood a chance the entire time.

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    I hope everyone I play against spends slots in their 75 on Notion thief.
    I'd think twice before dismissing that card so quickly, a 1-ofs against Jace and Brainstorm (read: all blue midrange decks) can still catch you with pants off and basically read 4: turn upside down an entire grinding game. And what about GriselLolz?

That card has definitely potential, even in some Cavern of Souls funky attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Jul 2010
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bradstone View Post
    On another note, what do you guys think of the pox matchup? I was play testing the other night and got murdered by that deck, hardly stood a chance the entire time.
    I haven't played against it a ton, but I can't say I've had any trouble with the MU. It feels to me like Jund without Abrupt Decay and Bloodbraid. Top and/or Counterbalance are really good. Expect to lose your hand relatively soon. Watch out for LD. Be ready to deal with Liliana. What was giving you trouble?

I think he is a great sideboard card vs combo and control in Legacy. If this card hits the table when the opponent is brainstorming it is gg and dont forget he is still a body.

Jan 2013
    Rome

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Lightning Bolt and Magma Jet are dwarfed by Punishing Fire. Check this out:

By Takuya Takahashi

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Tundra
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    3 Island
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Plains
    1 Mystic Gate
    1 Karakas

2 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Vendilion Clique

4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Terminus
    3 Punishing Fire
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Counterspell
    1 Entreat the Angels

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    3 Counterbalance
    1 Detention Sphere
    1 Batterskull

SIDEBOARD
    2 Vendilion Clique
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Disenchant
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Humility
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Rest in Peace

Explosion might be cool and catches opponent by surprise, but in all likelihood, takes too many turns to set it up, you might even need Boseiju to protect it. Since you don't want Thoughtseize or disruptions to get rid of Explosion, you want to keep it on top of library, so you can just set it up using Top. If you are just flipping for 3~4 damages because you have Clique or Jace on deck, it's a waste of slot, should have been Punishing Fire instead.

I like pFires and will surely add them since they are too good not to play if u are playing red. Boseju x1 could help in some cases .. I actually dont think my opponent will discard my explosion rather than many other powerfull cards in my hand. I would keep 2 explosions since im looking forward to flip a force 5 damage, or the other miracle red spells 6 damage , (or also the timewalk one 7 damage maybe,fire/ice for 4) . You posted a classic list with punishing plus stoneforge pack but as i was saying i would like to cut out white to build the UR versiono of it. Still thanks for the Pfires advice ..will add them for sure..
    Again,about explosion still figuring out if the surprise effect is not the only good thing about it ... too many high miracled cards wont let counterbalance work but that is the same problem that u wave with white x3/4Terminus..
    Hope more ppl would try to give this version of the deck a chance by testing it and suggesting new solutions.. ill edit this post with a new deck build later.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Piceli89 View Post
    I'd think twice before dismissing that card so quickly, a 1-ofs against Jace and Brainstorm (read: all blue midrange decks) can still catch you with pants off and basically read 4: turn upside down an entire grinding game. And what about GriselLolz?

Brainstorm is the most popular card in Legacy.

However, the bigger question is, why are you guys having Single Card Discussion regarding Notion Thief in Miracle Control's thread? Are you suggesting to run this card in some kind of Esper Miracle? If not, why don't you guys discuss Notion Thief in Legacy General Discussion, instead of hijacking Miracle Control?

Jul 2010
    twitch.tv/oarsman79

It has flash, potentially ends the game upon resolution, and costs FOUR mana!

twndomn,
    I would say that merits some discussion, even if it requires changing the splash color.

Black would not be such a bad idea with duress/thoughtseize and bob. We will be traded blasts blood moon and sulfur element which seems fair yo me I actually feel like targeted discard might help us set up fantastic board positions such as counterbalance/top with bob on the board safely. On another note I have been finding pithing needle to be quite good with shutting down walkers lands and other annoying stuff that running one in the main and maybe one to two kn the board in enlightened tutor based seems like quite a house in certain match ups if you can keep it on the board. How do you guys feel about adding more needles to the 75?

It was not my goal to hijack the miracle thread just to warn the miracle players of this card against Esper Blade that is the most played tier deck that is currently running blue and black. I don't think we should change the red splash for black just for one sideboard card if we change the splash it must be for a most important reason.
    About pithing needle... I'm running two in my sideboard and it is awesome. It is cheap, tutorable and extremely versatile. If I were running the RIP version I'd put one in the main deck for sure.

bruizar

notion thief does nothing against grisel lols. I hear Lord of the Pit with lifelink beats random 3/2 card.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    notion thief does nothing against grisel lols. I hear Lord of the Pit with lifelink beats random 3/2 card.
    A 7/7 lifelink is nothing in our sweet format my friend.

GReetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Jan 2013
    Rome

Here my list for the RU miracle deck im gonna play this week and test it a bit:

7 Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 volcanic island
    3 mountain
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Grim lavamancer
    3 Erratic Explosion
    4 Thunderous Wrath
    2 Bonfire of the Damned
    1 Temporal Mastery
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Force of Will
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Daze
    2 Counterspell

i would like to play ancestrall visions but dont know what to cut

This is a lockdown version of the deck tell me what you think and do not be afraid go tell me the idea just will not work.

Main Deck: 60

Artifacts: 7
    4. Sensei's Divining Top
    1. Pithing Needle
    1. Ensnaring Bridge
    1. Helm of Obedience

Enchantments: 8
    3. Counterbalance
    1. Humility
    1. Energy Field
    2. Rest in Peace
    1. Blood Moon

Sorceries: 3
    3. Terminus

Instants: 14
    4. Brainstorm
    4. Force of Will
    3. Spell Pierce
    1. Counterspell
    2. Enlightened Tutor

Planeswalkers: 5
    3. Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2. Elspeth, Knight Errent

Lands: 23
    3. Tundra
    2. Volcanic Island
    1. Mystic Gate
    1. Karakas
    4. Flooded Strand
    3. Scalding Tarn
    2. Arid Mesa
    2. Plains
    5. Islands

Sideboard: 15
    2. Misdirection
    2. Celestial Purge
    1. Ethersworn Cannonist
    1. Pithing Needle
    1. Rest in Peace
    1. Humility
    2. Red Elemental Blast
    1. Pytoblast
    1. Supreme Verdict
    1. Vendilion Clique
    1. Venser, Shaper Savant
    1. Sulfur Element

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Brainstorm is the most popular card in Legacy.

However, the bigger question is, why are you guys having Single Card Discussion regarding Notion Thief in Miracle Control's thread? Are you suggesting to run this card in some kind of Esper Miracle? If not, why don't you guys discuss Notion Thief in Legacy General Discussion, instead of hijacking Miracle Control?
    Well, since black is a better splash colour than red as Vindicate > REB as you assessed some time ago- if I recall correctly- it may be a possibility. /troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Jul 2010
    Plano, Texas

Well, since black is a better splash colour than red as Vindicate > REB as you assessed some time ago- if I recall correctly- it may be a possibility. /troll
    Ha.

I hardly see how discussing Notion Thief is off topic. Whether we are talking about fighting the card (or using it ourselves), it seems relevant.

I don't know about this Red Miracles deck though. It's not that it doesn't seem interesting, but it's not the same deck at all and probably doesn't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    This is a lockdown version of the deck tell me what you think and do not be afraid go tell me the idea just will not work.
    You MD pithing needle, ensnaring bridge, and spell pierce x 3, hence you are very very secure against Sneak and Show. However, You'll probably get run-over by Goblins, or other heavy aggro match-ups.

I still think that. I appreciate your effort to distract people from discussing thief and move onto black splash, but your attempt appeared to have failed. People here are still very much into the supposed scare of the "impending doom" due to the thief, and I am still trying to understand why are all the miracle players here are freaking out about it.

Jan 2013
    Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Dzra View Post
    I don't know about this Red Miracles deck though. It's not that it doesn't seem interesting, but it's not the same deck at all and probably doesn't belong here.
    mmm il create a thread then...

Quote Originally Posted by bradstone View Post
    The deck comes down to who sticks their PW first. I played a lot against Pox and it always came down to who runs out planeswalker first. If they go Ritual-Liliana and I don't have FoW or at least Det sphere in hand, I scoop as Lili you can't keep in check just runs you over in this MU with all the resource denial. If you manage to get Jace out, you are good as long as you keep racks and other of this stuff at bay and all you need is to keep jace through Lili ultimates.

Pox as well pretty much scoops to Balance+Top on T2 and it just goes down to keeping 2 and 3 on top for the rest of the game.

Post sideboard just be ready for extractions/extirpates and MANY needles :)

Honestly, someone needs to create that thead, and it won't be me, but if it were created, I would be a major contributor, as Esper Miracle is something I have been working on and enjoying so far, however, some input would be wonderful, but I thought it might be intrusive here to post about it. It's awesome to have 4x slots act as 8x when you are playing RiP/Helm version via Leyline of the Void for Graveyard hate and a "Turbo" combo SB plan, where winning sooner rather than later is preferred in certain matchups. Still have Leyline Sanctity, Vindicate, and StiLL have access to Celestial Purge if it's needed. Then, there is still Enlightened Tutor and Personal Tutor, but now add in Lim-Dul's Vault for rounding out your curve and finding -anything- you need. Sorry for the trolling, I just had to condone the idea of black instead of red; the strength of black is just too powerful to be ignored any longer.

-ABC

EDIT::: And on topic, if UWr players are worried about liliana, I recommend Fiery Temper, when you discard it, it has Madness (R), deals 3 damage to target creature/player. It's pretty hilarious to see when it hits them as to what just occured. Heheheh. Oh, and I don't know how to do card tags...sorry.

black is also sweet for Enginereed Plague in SB (Merfolk, Goblin, Elf)

Thread Information