Page 601 of 645 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

Not meaning to rush the period of grieving, but seeing as the deck that put up this data doesn't exist, should this thread be eventually moved or even closed?
    Seems a Scroll Rack brew (or other salvaging attempt) would deserve it's own thread in Developing Decks.

Edit - not gloating, I am not pleased by this ban.
    Last edited by Crimhead; 04-24-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Oct 2015
    Uhmrka

I'm sorry for your loss. Miracles celebrated the best parts of control magic. It was always a pleasure to shuffle up and play across from y'all.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

It's been quite a stretch friends. Many of you have become my friends over the years and have respected my posts here on the source, in attempt to be a light through the muck that this thread normally is. However, with this, I'll be taking a Hiatus from magic, if not quitting altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

Playing nothing else than Legacy.

I have nothing else than a full Miracle foil.

I drop from this bullshit, for ever. Wotc is bunch of idiot that killed the least of fun I had with this card games.

Have fun now, the format will slowly decay from now.

RIP Joe Losset
    controls

So long and thanks for all the good times. I'm 95% certain I'm done with magic. There's no pure control deck left to play in magic and this was really it for me. Thanks for all the discussion and advice there was on this board. Now comes the hard part, selling a foiled out miracles deck that suddenly became worthless.

thank you all guys, it was fine and nice, a sad conclusion for a nice story

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    So long and thanks for all the good times. I'm 95% certain I'm done with magic. There's no pure control deck left to play in magic and this was really it for me. Thanks for all the discussion and advice there was on this board. Now comes the hard part, selling a foiled out miracles deck that suddenly became worthless.
    Hello my friend, there used to be this archetype known as UWx blade control that used be the control deck before 1 mana wrath of gods were coupled with the engine of counterbalance and top. Perhaps now you can have more interesting games because you will actually be forced to interact with your opponent on multiple angles.

May 2010
    Central Pennsylvania

RIP my foil signed miracles deck, thanks for the years of memories. I feel though this ban was deserved despite our loss.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Just play Scroll Rack instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Hello my friend, there used to be this archetype known as UWx blade control that used be the control deck before 1 mana wrath of gods were coupled with the engine of counterbalance and top. Perhaps now you can have more interesting games because you will actually be forced to interact with your opponent on multiple angles.
    Miracles was literally (and I am using literally correctly here) the only deck in magic that approached my ideal. I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. Sensei's Divining Top was the lynch pin for both of those requirements. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible, no other control decks could get anywhere close to the level of minimized variance and reactivity that Miracles could. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless. I'm trying to be objective in saying this is probably the time for me to exit MtG.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

This is quite unfortunate.

Thanks for everything, though.
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

I'm sorry for your loss. As a D&T player, I enjoyed this matchup more than any other in the format. Best of luck to all of you as you adapt to the new world.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. As a D&T player, I enjoyed this matchup more than any other in the format. Best of luck to all of you as you adapt to the new world.
    Adding my condolence from the other side of the meta here, too. I had lots of gripping games with Storm against Miracles. It was yet another bad move by wotc.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

I'm sorry for this loss.
    Totally wrong move.
    Kill the king have no sense.

bruizar

This ban was caused by the top-durdlers amongst you, not because of tournament dominance. Sorry for the fast miracles players out there (I know none)

Legacy was solved a year ago and the new toys we got from Wizards rarely made an impact on Miracles dominance. Short-term it's sad for everyone who invested time and money but in the long run I think this is healthier for the format. Top is playable in other decks so I would rather see Terminus or counterbalance go, but who are we kidding? Predict and Top would still be one of the best 2-card combos in legacy :P

You had a good 4 years on top. (puns puns puns)

Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    The fairly obvious flaw in your reasoning is that Dark Ritual and Wild Cantor do produce mana. Pretending they don't won't change the function of the cards.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

terminus should've been the card to go

but well, condolences to miracles players. reanimator vs miracles was a cool MU :)

Good riddance!

Miracles has been supressive for so long. Non-CB blue control havent been playable since miracles is just superior. It will also allow decks like zoo, maverick and various other decks to be play.
    Miracles is the most boring and annoying deck in history of legacy. So happy we can move on and that we can now pick and chose of the +10 decks that will be availible due to the ban.

Thread Information