Page 602 of 645 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612 ... LastLast
Results 12,021 to 12,040 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

If my Tops weren't German and a gift from my brother I sure would be recreating that Splinter Twin picture right now. What a shame. Time to stock up on Soothsayings hahah... :(

don't understand the ban.

Blue had an encyclopedia of counters to deal with Counterbalance
    Green had Abrupt Decay and GSZ for strange CC to break CB
    Red had REB and now Harsh Mentor

Everyone had EExplosives.. in my opinion with Leovold, Miracle wasn't even anymore so much of a topdog (look at BDD with UW Countertop-Mentor).

So long! Byebye

"You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Jul 2015
    Osasco

Sorry for your lost guys

Top + Counter is always here and never OP before Terminus is printed

The wrong card left.

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

I know there's two very strong sides of emotions to this banning. Mocking, flames, and insults will not be tolerated. Please keep your posts respectful and remember this is a deck theory and discussion thread.
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bop2 View Post
    Good riddance!

Miracles has been supressive for so long. Non-CB blue control havent been playable since miracles is just superior. It will also allow decks like zoo, maverick and various other decks to be play.
    Miracles is the most boring and annoying deck in history of legacy. So happy we can move on and that we can now pick and chose of the +10 decks that will be availible due to the ban.
    Yea, every deck you just named gets wrecked by TNN/Leovold.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Feb 2016
    Rock Hill, SC

I personally feel that either Counterbalance and/or cards with Miracle casting cost (esp Terminus) should have gone instead of Top. Another nail in the coffin of the Great Format.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

That sucks.... Loved to play the matchup... Hope something similar rises along the lines....
    Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Jun 2007
    Berlin, Germany

RIP sweet Prince. It was a pleasure piloting you.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    I'm not convinced durdly midrange bug wrecks Zoo. Back in the day Zoo was one of Team America's bad matchups, and it played at about the same speed as a lot of these decks. Leovold is just going to get hit by Bolt/Chain/Path/Helix, and the manabases those decks have to run to support him get punished by Price of Progress.

Not that zoo is coming back, because while it was gone Show and Tell, Reanimator, and ANT all got faster and found ways to ignore their life totals longer, making them harder to race than ever, but I don't think Leovold/TNN decks would destroy zoo. By the time TNN or Leovold comes down they're gonna have enough dudes on the board they can afford to suicide in a time or two in order to get damage through.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfetchcaviar View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. Miracles celebrated the best parts of control magic. It was always a pleasure to shuffle up and play across from y'all.
    You are kind.

It's been fun. Sad I won't get to improve at the deck anymore, like most I had a ways to go. I'll see everyone in the Pox thread. By everyone I mean no one.

Apr 2011
    Germany

I almost had a (weaker) Miracles list together.

With CounterTop gone and Terminus staying, can't there still be a UWx Control decklist that's good enough?

Feb 2013
    Los Angeles, CA, USA

Buh bye!!
    Decks
    -------
    paper:
    Death and Taxes
    Eldrazi & Taxes
    Sneak Attack

online:
    grixis delver / 4c control

Thanks for the memories guys. Miracles helped me reach a level of success that I will always look back on fondly. I also got to meet so many friends who shared my love for the archetype. I spent so much time building and testing lists that its basically impossible for me to move on to something else. I, like so many others gravitated towards Miracles as a last bastion for hard control. It was never about Miracles being "the best deck in the format". Like many others I will be most likely taking a hiatus away from the game as its clear wotcs vision of magic isn't conducive with how I would like to engage eternal magic.
    "Take your time."

Legacy: UWR Miracles
    Vintage: UW Landstill

I am very sad to hear this even if most of the time I play storm and always get wrecked by Miracle.

Playing miracle and playing against miracle are always the most exciting and skill intensive experience you can have in Legacy.

Sorry for that, my good and old friend, it was a pleasure of meeting you

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Right. Seems unlikely that BUG/4-Color won't become the deck to beat. They already had an even share of the winner's circle as Miracles, and now their worst matchup is gone.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

my condolences to you all Miracles players, as a Storm player it was always a pleasure to fight that matchup.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Plays with Rocks
    Apr 2008
    Atlanta, GA

(WOTC): Get. Out.
    They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God.

Mar 2013
    Bern (Switzerland)

Sadly one of the Most nicest deck is gone:(
    Probably wrong bann.. but yeah to much bad players who don't understand legacy cried..Next they will cry again about Snt and LED bann like 4 years ago..

Thanks for everything guys!

Worlds Strongest Millionaire
    Aug 2011
    Colorado

"the man in the black pajamas dude... worthy fucking adversary."
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

Thread Information