Page 645 of 645 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645
Results 12,881 to 12,895 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Tel'Lythari View Post
    Wow, looks great! How did you manage against Merfolk without the red splash? I'd like to hear from you since I always have problems playing against my Merfolk friend, urgh.
    Sideout FOWs and sidein every removal you can (including artifact hate) :-D and don't forget that just one 4/4 Angel can close the game fairly quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Honestly no. I know people are mostly having success with the splash, but for me personally each time I play it I don't feel like the blasts pull their weight to be more prone to wasteland. I also don't like Mentors in the maindeck. I don't know if either is 'right' or 'wrong', but I'm more comfortable with UW like the list above, and have a better record with it too so will keep playing it. Won't fault anyone for playing the splash.
    Same. I get the power level of Mentors but I always can't seem to play well when I've got them MD/SB. I'm really glad to see people delivering without Mentors and the red splash, heh.

Just wondering, wouldn't 4C Leovold be a big problem without the red blasts? Or do you rely on something else to deal with them?

Quote Originally Posted by fwannmacher View Post
    Sideout FOWs and sidein every removal you can (including artifact hate) :-D and don't forget that just one 4/4 Angel can close the game fairly quickly
    I see I see... Yeah, I do take them all out for Cliques and Disenchants while saving the Plows for the Lords/Vaults. I guess I'll just have to practise more!

For whatever it's worth, Andrea Mengucci (Channel Fireball) posted a video of Mentor-Daze Miracles: https://www.channelfireball.com/vide...ntor-miracles/

Notable features of the decklist: 4 Monastery Mentor, 3 sweepers (2 Terminus / 1 Supreme Verdict), 3 Daze, 1 Jace

Going to watch it now to see how it goes.

When my schedule permits, I'm still playing a 3 Snapcaster, 3 Mentor, 3 Jace, 2 UA, 4 Swords, 3 Terminus build, witha red splash (3 blasts + basic Mountain). The deck feels very good to me, and while I find the single Entreat lists very appealing (more defensive measures, condensed win condition), I quite like Mentor. Maybe it's a bit of a crutch for not being as good of a player, but I find it nice to have a win condition that I don't mind having in hand and don't have to worry about drawing, and the ability to win quick games when the opportunity presents itself (albeit rarely) is very nice.

I'm hopefully going to be playing the same list for the next few Thursdays in preparation for another 1K in August, trying to improve upon my previous performance -- and either way, just having some fun representing Miracles. Keen to continue hearing what others are doing, especially now that WotC is cutting back on MTGO lists being published.
    Last edited by AppallinglyDull; 07-13-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Honestly no. I know people are mostly having success with the splash, but for me personally each time I play it I don't feel like the blasts pull their weight to be more prone to wasteland. I also don't like Mentors in the maindeck. I don't know if either is 'right' or 'wrong', but I'm more comfortable with UW like the list above, and have a better record with it too so will keep playing it. Won't fault anyone for playing the splash.

OK thanks!
    Had the same experience with Mentor, and have moved them back to the SB. i tend to get significantly better results with Entreat as my wincon.
    However, with Mentor back to the board, i'm running 3 Volcanic Island just for 3 blasts SB, and 1 Engineered Explosives MD.
    Maybe i should just drop Red, and run 4 mentors SB to beat face and race.

Or i can run a SB of:
    4 x Young Pyromancer
    4 x Mentor
    4 x Daze
    3 x Surgical

that should be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by KZhang View Post
    Had the same experience with Mentor, and have moved them back to the SB. i tend to get significantly better results with Entreat as my wincon.
    However, with Mentor back to the board, i'm running 3 Volcanic Island just for 3 blasts SB, and 1 Engineered Explosives MD.
    Maybe i should just drop Red, and run 4 mentors SB to beat face and race.

Or i can run a SB of:
    4 x Young Pyromancer
    4 x Mentor
    4 x Daze
    3 x Surgical

that should be hilarious.
    And I thought Jeskai Tokens was only in Standard...

And I thought Jeskai Tokens was only in Standard...
    Thinking about it again, doesn't actually sound like the worst idea i had.
    Probably will try it for fun one of these days.

Jul 2011
    Singapore, Singapore City

4x show and tell
    4x sneak attack
    3x emrakul
    4x griselbrand

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by movingtonewao View Post
    4x show and tell
    4x sneak attack
    3x emrakul
    4x griselbrand

Sorry, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Right now I'm testing this list:

4 monastery mentor
    3 snapcaster mage

2 jace, the mind sculptor

4 swords to plowshares
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    3 daze
    3 gitaxian probe
    3 terminus
    2 counterspell
    2 predict
    1 flusterstorm

2 engineered explosives

4 flooded strand
    3 scalding tarn
    1 arid mesa
    3 tundra
    3 volcanic island
    3 island
    2 plains

SB:
    2 Ethersworn cannonist
    2 containment priest
    2 flusterstorm
    2 bloodmoon
    1 disenchant
    1 wear/tear
    2 pyroblast
    1 red elemental blast
    2 surgical

I was trying the daze version Gutbrod posted some pages back and I found that i didn't liked the fact that the deck wanted to close the game fast and portent was meh at chaining cantrips. I felt that if I wanted to go the "free spells to pump the army" way I wanted at least 9-12 "free mana" spells. So I slammed the probes in true vintage-mentor- fashion just to see if the card was good enough. It turn out that free information on your opponent hand is good even if u don't do "busted" things; I tried 2 cabal Therapy but even if the card was good it felt unneeded and detrimental to the mana base as I was forced to fetch Usea when I needed to go cabal+daze on turn 1 making me prone to wasteland. After a couple matches it was clear that I needed EE to clear the way from chalices and other hate cards; I was also missing another sweeper and so I thought "which sweeper is good even if I have some monks on the bf?" And EE it's the best answer. In fact it was so good by virtue of slamming it on 0 just to make mentor pump that i put another one in the main (11-12 free spells found).

Now the inclusion of gitaxian probes has other applications more than free info. I turns snapcaster into a silvergill adept that adds 1 to the "mentorstorm" Chain.
    2 predict for CA and 1 fluster to go turn 4 mentor with protection, it's nice in general with snap, and less clunky than Cs (I play only 2 as it's slow and uu sometimes stinks). The counter package is the one I'm a bit unsure but as of now it has been solid.

I'm really loving this list ATM. It maximize the miracles mechanic in a way no other build as done until now. Why have 4 lands on the battlefield to wrath when u can send everything on the bottom with just a couple lands on the battlefield?

The SB is still in heavy testing. The blood moon are there to follow the slam-the-haymaker plan.

Hope you guys like it even if it's a little different than usual miracles aproach 😀

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    Sorry, what?
    Tilting your opponent with a ridiculous transformation sideboard

Quote Originally Posted by KZhang View Post
    Tilting your opponent with a ridiculous transformation sideboard
    WuYuHsien is a friend of mine and he recently got 2 5-0s with the 4 MM SB plan: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/700082

I noticed that HJ_Kaiser has been running it for quite some time: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/700082

Thoughts?

WuYuHsien is a friend of mine and he recently got 2 5-0s with the 4 MM SB plan: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/700082

I noticed that HJ_Kaiser has been running it for quite some time: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/700082

Thoughts?
    I'd like to echo this question/comment, and specifically ask:

1) In what matchups do the Mentors come in? And am I correct in assuming that it is a 'board in all 4 or none' plan?

2) What comes out for the Mentors?

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

NEW PRIMER IS FINALLY UP:
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...=1#post1017228

I'll add more and more stuff to it as I get more time, but this was a massive labor and I'm finally done.
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Since the deck now once against has a Primer, I moved the new theead to Established Decks. Gonna leave this one open for a couple more hours and will then close it once I go to bed.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Thread Information