Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [EDH + HL] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

[EDH] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

This Teferi EDH deck was previously edited as "Highlander deck derived from Nightmare's EDH".
    Some months have passed and deck has evolved and Commander Teferi now leads small army of Wizards on their way of combo victory. Also this topic is being updated every new set.

Maybe you will wonder why this deck uses Azami as a normal card and not as general. This deck is designed for casual games, but also contain simple info how to transform it into more competetive. Its same archetype as Azami EDH deck (all glory to the Nightmare) using the Mind over Matter combo, but in a bit more complicated manner which makes games bit more fun. Choice of Teferi as the general was made from many reasons. He is wizard (and this is tribal wizard deck), he is not a part of combo, but he can help to protect cards which are in combo...

The deck is for casual play so it does not contain some well known locks. On the other hand modifying it to power version is quite easy. You can find those cards there written in following manner:
    Casual card < Power card

General
    Teferi, mage of Zhalfir (Wiz) - Legend

Lands:
    16x Snow-Covered Island

Teferi's Isle
    Lotus Vale
    Coral Atoll
    Soldevi Excavations

Seat of the Synod
    Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

Tolaria West
    Cavern of Souls

Esper Panorama
    Bant Panorama
    Thawing glaciers

Deserted Temple

Thespian's Stage
    Saprazzan cove
    Thawing glaciers
    Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
    Academy Ruins

Other mana manipulation:
    Expedition map (art)
    Crucible of Worlds

Control
    Voidmage Prodigy (wiz)
    Willbender (wiz)
    Forbid

Vanishing

Elite Arcanist (wiz)
    Rewind < Force of will
    Turnabout
    Time stop < Knowledge pool

Voidmage Husher (wiz) < Stifle
    Trickbind

Counterbalance
    Pithing needle (art)
    Mana Drain
    Cryptic command
    Ensnare
    Venser, Shaper Savant (wiz)

Mana based control:
    Static orb (art)
    Sunder (art)
    Patron wizard (wiz)
    Tamiyo, the Moon Sage < Palinchron
    Opposition < Omen Machine?

Filtering Engine:
    Soothsaying
    Sensei's divining top (art)
    Scroll rack (art)
    Halimar depths
    Laquatus's Creativity

Tutoring:
    Long-term plans
    Intuition

Tutoring via ability (Rings of brighthearth might copy ability)
    Vedalken Aethermage (wiz)
    Drift of phantasms
    Muddle the mixture
    Tolaria West (again)
    Tezzeret, The Seeker

Searching in grave:
    Recall
    Archaeomancer (wiz)

Secondary combo cards:
    those makes wonders when infinite mana or card draw is running. Else can be used as mana fixing, accelerating or drawing.

Savor the Moment - when the combo is ignited, grants infinite turns only by being in the deck.
    Elixir of immortality - means that i can reroll whole deck.
    Mnemonic nexus
    Gush - Combo enabler with Mind over Matter.
    Also Ensnare works same way

Combo:

Untapper Group A

Mind over matter
    Illusionist's Bracers
    Freed from the Real
    Pemmin's aura
    Vigean Graftmage (wiz) - Secondary combo with Azami, MOM and Lotus Vale. Gets tapped to draw via Azami, card is discarded via MOM for 3 mana, gets untapped for 1U via its own ability.
    Rings of Brighthearth (art) (group special)

Untapper Group B:

Fatestitcher (wiz)
    Tidewater minion
    Aphetto alchemist (wiz)
    Wind Zendikon
    Trickster Mage
    Rimewind taskmage (wiz)

Drawing cards:
    Azami, lady of scrolls (wiz) - Legend
    Arcanis the Omnipotent (wiz) - Legend < Urza's Blueprints
    Oracle's Insight - previously Flash of Insight, and more previously Petals of Insight
    Blue Sun's Zenith
    Enclave cryptologist (wiz)
    Enter the Infinite
    Stroke of Genius
    Diviner's Wand (wiz)
    Dakra Mystic (wiz) < Temple Bell

Permanents producing more than one mana for TAP:

Lotus Vale
    Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
    Teferi's Isle
    Soldevi Excavations

Gilded lotus (art)
    Khalni Gem (art)
    Astral Cornucopia (art)
    Doubling Cube (art)

High tide
    Extraplanar Lens (art)

Magosi, the Waterveil
    How it Works:
    Cards = Mana
    Mana = More Cards

The deck is basically combo-control with tribal wizard theme. Control part is not designed only to countermagic, but also to decrease amount of free mana of your oponnent. This also provide additional protection for playing the combo. If the oponnent does not have enough mana, its much harder for him to cause damage to my combo permanents.

Also deck contain a large amount of combos. Mana artifacts typical for Mind over matter archetypes - such as Gilded lotus with spells like Stroke of Genius can also be used it combos with Pemmin's aura. Some anti-combo players ague that probability of getting two combo pieces is very low, but the chance is multiplying as you can get more card where one can replace other.

Generally you have to defend yourself, collect cards for combo, and win in one turn. Amount of combo cards and wizards make the combo part of deck less obvious. The timing of play is very crucial. The deck does not contain only one or two combos. It contains many combination of cards when one card can replace other in same combo. Mind over matter can ignite its full power not only with Azami, but with another cards in this decklist.

Deck itself is not build around its general. This has some reasons. First of all Teferi itself still can help wizards to be cast via his flash granting ability and thus be "accelerated" for tapping. Also his first ability grants enough time during my turn to put combo on table. Also this approach to deck construction allow me to switch between generals quite easy. Althought Teferi is the main general, deck contain other legendary wizards which can be used in this way. This means much more fun in play with this deck.

Other reason is that this deck can be played even without its general. Deck is legal for both EDH and german Highlander. If used as HL deck so i have only 20 life points the deck is pretty hard to play, in EDH mode its much more stronger due life points. Working around two banlists is very hard, and also no sideboard is allowed.

-----------------------------------

Alternate generals:
    Sometimes I want to play more casual, or try to react on meta I will just replace Teferi with other blue legendary wizard.

Ertai, Wizard adept (wiz) - Legend
    Azami, lady of scrolls (wiz) - Legend
    Arcanis the Omnipotent (wiz) - Legend
    Rayne, Academy Chancellor (wiz) - Legend
    Memnarch (wiz) - Legend
    Ambassador Laquatus (wiz) - Legend
    Vendilion Clique (wiz) - Legend
    Meloku the clouded mirror - (wiz) Legend
    Talrand, Sky Summoner - (wiz) Legend

Cards with combo potential in this deck
    These cards have great potential in speeding the deck, or to create stronger combinations or were previously played a lot in "Mind over Matter" archetype decks.
    Memory Jar
    Magus of the Jar
    Tidal Bore
    Visions of Beyond

Library of Leng

Rimewind Taskmage (Wiz)
    Synod Artificer

Palinchron

Immobilizing ink
    Aura of Dominion
    Sigil tracer (Wiz)
    Echo Mage (Wiz)
    Psychic overload
    ========================
    Captain of the Mists (Wiz)
    Galvanic Alchemist (Wiz)
    Crab Umbra
    Sword of the Paruns (limited untap potential)
    Umbral Mantle
    Training grounds
    Hearthstone

Mana boosters which make discard/untap more viable. These are "Combo Initiators".
    Caged sun
    Doubling cube
    Gauntlet of Power
    Tolarian Academy (Banned however)
    Mana Crypt

Reshuffle effects (usually keep MOM based decks more safe).
    Feldon's Cane - The original reshuffle i used to play.
    Thran Foundry
    Elixir of Immortality
    Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre - Both those eldrazi can be discarded via MOM to shuffle the grave to the library. However easy target for bribery.
    Reminisce

Card draw ability with "Tap" in cost. These cards are both "Combo initiator" and "combo finisher" since they allow card drawing:
    Urza's Blueprints - Old combo with MOM.
    Temple Bell - New combo with MOM.

Archivist (Wiz)
    Talas Researcher (Wiz)
    Sea Gate Loremaster (Wiz)
    Survivor of the Unseen (Wiz)
    Lu Su, Wu advisor

Jace's Archivist (Wiz)

Card draw without "Tap" in cost, with combo potential for MOM or infinite mana:

"Combo initiators" and "finishers"
    Braingeyser, Prosperity, Minds aglow, Mind spring, Read the Runes, Skyscribing, Spell contortion, Sphinx of Magosi.

"Combo finishers"
    Azure mage (Wiz)
    Treasure Trove
    Petals of Insight
    Soratami Seer (Wiz) - A surprise for me. I knew about the card the card for years but I was overlooking its potential - especially in this kind of deck.

Untap targets. Think of infinite combo with result which allows you to infinitely tap/untap targets. These are "Combo finishers", but not "initiators".
    Wake thrasher - broken with cards like Aphetto alchemist

Psychic venom
    Chronic flooding
    Stinging licid
    Fallowsage (Wiz)
    Sphinx's disciple (Wiz)

Magosi, the Waterveil

Artifact animation. Think of variations of Gilded lotus and Freed from the real. These cards are "Combo initiators".
    Animate artifact
    Karn's touch
    Karn, Silver Golem
    March of the machines
    Tezzeret the seeker

Land animation. Combine with Caged sun and Freed from the real. These cards are "Combo initiators".

Faerie Conclave
    Genju of the Falls
    Last edited by Offler; 09-08-2014 at 04:56 AM.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [EDH + HL] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

You should really play Knowledge Pool.

Not playing Bant
    Oct 2010
    Rockwall, Texas

Even for 1v1, you should add Consecrated Sphinx and possibly Ancestral Vision. Sphinx may not have much synergy with the rest of your deck, but I think it is too good not to play in this format.

Sep 2009

to Ertai's Familiar:
    Interesting card but seems to me too chaotic. Maybe I just cannot find its usage right now.

to Bignasty197:
    I did not play concsecrated Sphinx... You are right, no synergy. there are only three cards for 6 mana in this deck. Mom, Arcanis and Sphinx of magosi. some people reccomended me to not play any sphinx because of possibility being stolen by Bribery.

I tried also Ancestral Vision. Good pick for 1st turn. However bit slow from my point of view. this deck has quile few lands so any drawing is good, but mana is not a problem for drawing. Even for very few mana the card had too big delay for me.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    to Ertai's Familiar:
    Interesting card but seems to me too chaotic. Maybe I just cannot find its usage right now.
    You do realize with Teferi you lock out all your opponents from playing spells for the rest of the game when you drop Knowledge Pool.

Read this:

http://forum.dragonhighlander.net/ED...php?f=3&t=6302

Sep 2009

Thats really crazy :) I did not realize that Knowledge pool allows cast a spell while its ability is still on stack. It is not an autolose, as some people think.

At all more evil could be Arcane Laboratory with Ertai/Erayo lock. Much less mana to lock.

Since I want to keep this deck legal for both formats, it will be hard to use it here. In HL mode when Teferi is not in Command zone it might be troublesome to find both cards.

However this brought me to the idea of Arcane lab again... I might found some place for Erayo. It is good to know that oponnent will cast less than 4 spells per turn.

Edit:
    I had rethink it once again and compared Knowledge Pool with Inkwell leviathan. Both are Artifacts, one of them is totally colorless, other is blue and creature. Both can be accelerated via Master Transmuter, Grand architect, both have manacost pretty high.

But then I started to comparing them as single card which entered battlefield. Disenchants, Return to dust, Krosan Grips are Autoinclude cards in most decks i have seen. Shroud means extra point for leviathan. Also Leviathan works as a single card threat +1 point. Knowledge pool needs another card - Teferi. That makes great benefit in EDH mode of the deck (+2 in EDH, 0 in HL).

At all for both cards I like the new idea of paying mana by creatures via Grand Architect, putting into play by Master transmuter, Tinker, Transmute artifact or Gnomes... To be honest some games ended with lose because i missed easy to find big bad monster... and leviathan seems to be great candidate now :)
    Last edited by Offler; 04-16-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Sep 2009

Presence of both Aether Vial and Winding Canyons convicted me to remove Temple bell from the deck and return Archivist back to deck. Archivist will replace Prodigal sorcerer. both have possibility to kill an oponnend via combo. If Suq-Ata will do more work while controlling as Archivist at his acceleration I will maybe reconsider it later.

Sep 2009

Althougth Aether Vial is highly rated among players I had a very strange feeling about it while being played in this deck. I let it grow on 3 and no creature wtih that CMC came for a longer period, so I let it grow on 5 and all 3 CMC wizards were on hand :D

since many people want me to add black I have checked the deck now. Transmute is Dimir, so I take all transmute cards as partially black, at least with their functionality and flavor. Also Fatestitcher as single Unearth creature is for me much more black as blue. Therefore I checked some Planeshifted cards.

Fungal Charm - Piracy Charm
    Piracy charm was one of the first foils I opened. The card seemed to me a strange, and I had no idea why. later I found its Black predcessor and it was clear.

Wistful thinking
    Not a planeshifted card, but really strong discard in blue. I expected similar card in black...

Psionic blast - Char
    Blue - Red combination. Reminds me Twincast and Reverbate. For some time I was thinking of Psionic blast for its unusual effect for a blue card.

Psychic Purge - Blue? I smell black... :)

Sep 2009

I have been looking for some Wizards with decent CMC and power in attack.

Crookclaw transmuter
    Vendilion Clique is definitely better from any point of view. But in such format its good replacement, however no slot free for such wizard.

Soratami Rainshaper
    Well this Moonfolk is very low rated and I clearly understand why. But then I compared it with other card with very good rating - the Glen Elendra Archmage. Moonfolk is 2/1 for 3 CMC. Faerie is 2/2 for CMC4.

They both have flying and ability which can cause noncreature spells to fizzle. Both abilities have drawbacks. Both abilities can be activated no matter if the creature attacked.

Glen elendra needs to be sacrificed, which with persists means that It can use its ability only 2 times. (usually).

Soratami Rainshaper does not cause spell to be countered, but it can only create shroud. Cost is 3 mana and returning a land. Each moonfolk has interaction with Landfall, but thats not case of this deck. Returning a land and playing it same turn is like paying 3 mana, bouncing the land and playing, whan can lower the cost to 2 mana if you havent play a land this turn. However you can activate this ability multiple times (when there is mana and lands)

Faerie's ability can be used against mass destroy spells.

The deck miss some control and decoys. Late experience with Ertai is very good, because people were many times too focused on him instead of playing their own game. And thats something I like :)

Before I refused to play the Rainshaper, but in new light it seems interesting for me.

Sep 2009

I was definitely wrong about some cards...

Venser, Shaper Savant
    I never play bounce cards. This guy is really pretty. Can bounce spells and permanents. Even himself what is usable with infinite mana and selfboucing.

Mark of Eviction
    Playing against elves can be exhausting. I was hint to add black and some discard. Not a bad idea, but this seems to me good enough. In this deck works with Glen Elendra to remove persists counter off her or with little Sage of Epityr.

Riptide Laboratory
    Works same as mark of eviction, for a bit more mana. Some protection against burning will help a bit.

Sep 2009

Oboro Breezecaller replaced by Magus of the Bazaar
    1 Snow covered Island replaced by Esper Panorama
    Blinkmoth Nexus replaced by Bant Panorama

Deck just need more drawing and some random shuffling. Oboro breezecaller fixes mana only in some situations, Magus works always. Blinkmoth nexus is a way to win, but also suffers of summoning sickness and potential blockers.

Streambed aquitects was replaced by Prodigal sorcerer

Tim works fine with untapping, and do better job because it does not attack. This way of disrupt is nice, for example with pemmins aura. Aquitects are fine, but this solves also creatures on table - disrupt instead of pure (and sometimes pointless) attacking.

Wanted: Zuran Spellcaster (to keep wizard tribal theme)

Knowledge pool, Omen Machine
    To play, or not to play? Thats the question... With Teferi in play they both can create really nice lock, but the manacost is bit high.

In Testing: Torpor Orb
    Breaks most decks in my current meta. Its too common to play ETB abilities. Also with winter orb and Academy ruins works fine. Even when oponnent was able to reanimate his Child of alara to flush the table I was able to re-lock the game once again.

Recommended to play: Isochron scepter
    I hate this card. But it really works fine with the rest of 1-2cmc cards...

Edit: Counterbalance isn't so overpowered as Isochron scepter, but I already have Sensei and Scroll rack. This promises nice control.
    Last edited by Offler; 05-27-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Sep 2009

Updated first post
    - Broken Ambition + Counterbalance
    - Ethereal usher + Distant memories

Is there any place for Crystal Ball yet? Is it worth playing?

Academy ruins has proven most valuable with all 3 orbs.
    Erayo has been recommended too. Was tested previously, but the ability usually didnt trigger when I wanted... At all another pretty lock with orbs...

Sep 2009

- Dizzy spell + Reef shaman
    Tutoring 1cmc card does not make difference in starting a combo. (both ways are too obvious). Reef shaman is funny when it comes to Winter orb ...

Sep 2009

For some days I was playing strong control games thanks to all three Orbs.

Winter orb
    Static orb
    Torpor orb

To see them all in play was a nightmare for the oponnents, especially when they have only minor effect on my own play. That was caused by lands and mana fixation I used. In this case it was:

Khalni Gem and
    Lotus Vale

Both cards affect manabase. Those cards are not commonly used. People here dont know how to use them correctly. If there is any untap based lock, like winter orb these can give you a lot of more mana, not to mention they have combo potential. But both of these cause lower number of basic lands in play.

Therefore I am considering Crucible of Worlds. This allows all sacrified lands to come back. While there is some tutoring (also artifact tutoring) engine there is no problem. Also Academy ruins can fix the lock a bit. And not to forget I can still add Petrified field reanimate the Ruins if needed. Quite good backup plan.

Also Torpor orb... I was playing a lot of enchantments and artifacts when Harmonic sliver entered battlefield. That hurts, but next card I play was this orb and it saved the game.

Sep 2009

Alternate generals

Due monoblue its easy to take any blue legendary wizard without any major change to the rest of deck. Teferi is most likely the strongest one. It represents the status which can hardly be replaced by any other legendary wizards I play here. Strong control, acceleration, combo protection and so on. But lets talk a bit about other possible Commanders which are in charge when Teferi is having a vacation on his island.

Vendilion clique
    They represent agro mode of the deck. Not most usual situation but if some elves are not able to defend against flying this card is really dangerous choice. Worth killing? Maybe, but upon returning makes some mess.

Ertai, Wizard adept
    He has proven himself valuable. People focus on him even when its not necessary. Universal decoy with possibility to cool down "1 card on hand" players. Adding Arcane laboratory would be nice, but I dont like such hard locks, and when he is general its somehow not very polite...

Azami, Lady of Scrolls and Arcanis, the Omnipotent
    Both are obviously combo creatures with Mind Over Matter. At all those wizards are not strong in direct combat, and do not increase strength of control. But why not try, especially against some creepy discard decks.

Alternate generals not in deck:
    Rayne, Academy Chancellor
    Meta says that I and my creatures are often target of spells and abilities. She can cause oponnent to hesitate with his action. Especially when she can return from command zone. She is only one alternate general I am considering to add into deck. Her effect will be then somewhere between Teferi and Azami.

Memnarch and Ambassador Laquatus
    Both are nice when it comes to burn the infinite mana. Memnarch will then stole all oponnents, while Laquatus will mill everything. Both also have a bit of disruptive potential.

Sep 2009

Ovinomancer and Torpor orb

Most people planned torpor orb with Phyrexian Dreadnought but this is also not bad at all.

His ability is one of the most complicated I have ever seen. It can be taken as a benefit or disadvatage depending on situation. The bouncing of lands and playing one of them same turn can virtually lower his mana cost to 2. Also more cards on hand means some resistability against random discard.

In this deck specifically he can be used with Mind over matter to fuel the combo with more cards on hand.

Synod artificer
    Possibilty for infinite mana with Pemmins aura/Freed from the real and any 3 mana artifact I play. Also can tap Orbs to avoid negative effects on my side... Not a wizard, but still has nice potential.

Vedalken Anatomist
    I found this card interesting in way how it "deals damage". At all 2 such counter for 6 mana total? hmm. Hard to say... No proliferate... At all it will permanently avoid 1 damage per turn from creature and made it weaker in attack...

Sep 2009

Teferi's Isle

When I was re-thinking all my lands i realized that Soldevi Excavations is almost not used. I dont search for it. When its combo time i pick Lotus Vale. If i need to accelerate mana I use Coral atoll.

Then i remembered that here is another land able to produce at least 2 blue mana. Can be misused with Zendikon as well for infinite mana combo and its price is taken as bit high but lets count it...

Comes tapped. This cost 1 mana.
    Phases out. Cost another 1 mana.
    Phasing causes it to work as 1 island which does not phase, but with untapping its something completely different.

In MOM part of combo works like UU mana per discard even comes tapped. This with Pemmins aura is enough to start the combo. In untap part works as UU mana source which then can produce infinite blue mana...

So besides flavour there are reasons why this card is broken, even when being junk rarity...

Reito lantern
    A nightmare for reanimator, a gift for those who have single card in library and infinite mana.

For some time I have to defend against one strong reanimator combo deck, now transformed into dragon reanimator deck... In comparation with Elixir of immortality it costs more mana, even when combo for mana is running... Junktroller might also help solve this riddle...

I also compared Teferi's Isle with Saprazzan cove. Even when storaging has different role in the deck after recounting mana its certain one thing.

1 comes tapped (cost 1)
    2. gets tapped for storage (cost 1)
    3. Can give U mana

Teferi's isle can give 2 mana at step 3.
    Last edited by Offler; 06-25-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Sep 2009

Magic 2012 highlights:
    Azure Mage - Nice for any tribal wizard deck with infinite mana
    Jace, Memory Adept - Combining drawing a cards with little milling on first ability is nice. Strong but not overpowered.
    [cards]Phantasmal Image[cards] - when copying small 1/1 wizards its certain that it does not matter on way how someone will kill him...
    Turn to frog only because of its flavour its nice...
    Visions of beyond nice art and great usage with this deck. For 1 card and 1 mana can fuel up the combo with Azami+Mom same as Gush does.

Flash of insight
    I was not willing to play it after some tests... Later I realized that I have never used its flashback ability. When playing for infinite mana you can reroll the deck, fetch single card and put the library in exact order you wish. than flashback for remove single card from grave and draw second card you need for the combo.

Thats powerful in case when the oponnent still has ability to counter some of your actions.

Infinite mana in this deck:
    Mostly the deck can produce blue infinite mana. Only Soldevi Excavations and Coral atoll can produce only colorless Infinite mana. Deck has two possibilities to tutor a land. Yesterday on early game I had this ocassion. The choice was to find Lotus vale or Coral atoll. It was too early for the lotus vale so I decided to fix amount of mana by Coral atoll. In later game this broke my combo, because i needed blue mana...

Again Teferis Isle would made my choice easier. Its "total manacost" is same as with coral atoll but its efectivity in combo is same as with Lotus vale.

Sep 2009

Flavour and fun stuff:

Teferi's Imp
    Effectively cause to draw 1,5 card per turn, while discard 0,5 card per turn. If destroyed (only during IN phase) it wont affect amount of cards on hand. In comparation with Vexing Sphinx which require also discard and draw it wont be limited by cumulative upkeep

Snow mana removal, or addition of some snow mechanics?

Synod Artificer VS Rimewind taskmage
    a) Both can tap Orbs to prevent their effect. Synod artificer can tap multiple of those at higher cost +1
    b) Synod artificer does not need 4 snow permanents to work +1
    c) Both need permanent which produce 3 mana per tap to create infinite mana, while Synod artificer needs noncreature artifact exclusively -1, but can untap multiple mana producing artifacts +1
    d) In current deck synod artificer can start infinite mana only with 1 card, Taskmage with 2 cards. -1

Teferis Isle vs Extraplanar lens
    Isle is much more flavourful and does not rely on amount of specific lands, however usage of lens is quite good as it boosts mana, at all very vulnerable. Krosan grip is used in local meta very often.

Some available snow mechanics:
    Balduvian frostwaker - There are combos how to produce infinite mana from animated land, but each is linked to nonbasic/nonsnow lands
    Rimewind cryomancer Not bad effect at all, with same restrictions as with taskmage.
    Snowfall - thinking... need to ask something -definitely No.

winter's chill Seems nice, especially when my deck can cause enemy mana to be tapped.

Sep 2009

Few wizards which might go o deck to improve Tribal theme:

Cursecatcher
    Another counterspell with legs... ehm fins.

Sage of Fables
    Enables all wizards to provide at least 1 card.
    Combo with Glen elendra is obvious, but having them two and voidmage prodigy can be really annoying.
    Combines with Vigean Graftmage and any combo wizard which can use untapping for infinite mana.

Azure mage
    Possibly instead of Whispers of the muse...

[cards]Information Dealer[cards]
    3rd cantriping after Senseis top and Scroll rack.

Shapesharer
    Wizard... Of course a wizard.... Ehm. Kills generals, copy creatures...

Stonybrook banneret
    Will see if its needed.

Thread Information