Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Painter-Stone

Sep 2014
    West Chester, PA

Re: [Deck] Painter-Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Baum View Post

What I'm not sure about is how to approach the Shardless BUG and Grixis Delver matchups. I don't need a complete SB guide but rather some advice in terms of "Who's the Beatdown?"

Against Shardless: Should I go all-in on the combo or should I try a more grindy approach? Against Jund, I realized that they have way too much removal and threats to handle. As a result I just go YOLO mode, try to jam the combo ASAP and mulligan slow hands away. But what to do against Shardless? They have less removal and less relevant threats, so the Tezzeret backup plan looks good. If I try to grind, upping the Redblast count against Ancestral Vision and Jace seems good. Would you side out some Forces? Decay can't be countered anyway, so Llliana seems to be the only relevant target. Do I miss anything that has to be forced?

I face similar issues against Grixis Delver. Should I rather focus on containing their threats with Blasts, Pyroclasm and Aether Grid and then win sometime later? On the other hand, I could try to combo quickly with FOW and Flusterstorm backup. I had mixed results with the control plan when I didn't have Pyroclasm in the board. I have not tested the matchup with the new SB. What does work best for you guys? Is playing control against them a losing battle?

Going all in on the combo is dangerous because they typically have surgical extraction. That being said I think this deck is the "beatdown' in basically every matchup that doesn't involve show and tell or tendrils

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Have any of you played both this and mono red? I played a black blue version several years ago, I sleeved up mono red because I like the combo, but I am here because I like control with combo finishers.
    My old list was something like
    4x painter servant
    4x grindstone
    4x force of will
    4x sensei's divining top
    4x counterbalance
    4x brainstorm
    4x ponder
    4x daze
    4x thoughtseize
    4x trinket Mage
    4x polluted delta
    4x underground sea
    Some set up of islands and swamps

I llike the idea of turn 2 or 3 JTMS but I really just want to mill people

Tl dr my meta is a lot of combo, should I try to fight their combo or try to combo faster

Sep 2014
    West Chester, PA

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    Have any of you played both this and mono red? I played a black blue version several years ago, I sleeved up mono red because I like the combo, but I am here because I like control with combo finishers.

I llike the idea of turn 2 or 3 JTMS but I really just want to mill people

Tl dr my meta is a lot of combo, should I try to fight their combo or try to combo faster
    I play both. I would try to just combo faster. I haven't tried the counterbalance package in this deck but I feel like its too do nothing for what the deck wants to be doing. Counterbalance doesn't even seem great in the general metagame right now either. A lot of miracles players have cut the 4th one.

Has anyone ever tried Inventor's Fair? It seems like it's worth trying, since early game it's a land that produces colorless mana and gains you a life each turn, mid and late game it finds one of your combo pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Has anyone ever tried Inventor's Fair? It seems like it's worth trying, since early game it's a land that produces colorless mana and gains you a life each turn, mid and late game it finds one of your combo pieces.
    I'd up my artifact land count before playing Inventors' Fair. A new store in my area should be hosting Legacy on Mondays starting either this upcoming week or the next. I'm looking forward to getting games in and discussing the deck.

I'm also currently looking into building this deck on MTGO. It's not as bad as some decks, but I still feel shitty having to reacquire things that I already own IRL

Jul 2009
    Cleveland

Saw this list in 18th place at the SCG legacy this weekend.

//Creatures
    2 Baleful Strix
    4 Goblin Welder
    4 Painter's Servant

//Planeswalkers
    2 Dack Fayden
    3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

//Mana
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 Great Furnace
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Island
    1 Mountain
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Seat of the Synod
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Vault of Whispers
    2 Volcanic Island

//Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Force of Will
    4 Grindstone
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    3 Pyroblast
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Smuggler's Copter

//Sideboard
    SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 3 Blood Moon
    SB: 1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    SB: 1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Ghirapur Æther Grid
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 1 Spellskite
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction

Sort of a mashup between tezzeret control and painter. Looks sort of sweet. Could maybe even include counterbalance. Don't know if the person who played it is a Source guy, but if so, would love to hear some thoughts on how the list played out.
    @turingTested on twitter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    これは水である。

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Those smuggler's copters look absolutely adorable.

That list is mine.

I'll do a quick overview, then matches, then a card by card and some thoughts about moving forward.

So the shpiel is this: I have played a lot of Canadian and it was my default tournament deck for a long time. After BFZ I decided I was tired of having to work so hard for wins against Miracles and DnT only to be paired against Aliens, which is a 20%-80% matchup against, so I started look for decks that tickled me. In addition to the Fun Police I've played a lot of combo, and I think that there is a lot to be said for winning outside of the combat step at the moment, and I ended up here. I picked out a list and went into the EE at the beginning of the Summer cold and got destroyed. I did not win one game in the 5 rounds before I dropped. But, what I was trying to do was the coolest shit ever, so I build it on MTGO and started tweaking it (Shameless Plug: I try to stream on Thursday nights and I'm often playing this deck. twitch.tv/bhisa). For me, this is a welder deck at heart, and a lot of it developed from there. The main reason I like this deck is because it's so hard to disrupt. It attacks from many different angles and shifts between those with agility, which makes it very hard to play against.

SCG Baltimore:

600ish Players? Something like that. This is from memory, apologies for the vagueness.

R1 v Thomas Brown on Agroloam

I grind him right quick game one. Game two I lose to Marit Lage from a Knight after he draws one of the pieces. I think if it takes him two turns of Knight to set up I can find a bridge to stabilize until I can get something going. Game three I have a Welder, a Nihil Spellbomb and an Aether Grid and he has no chance.
    W2-1

R2 v James Buckingham on Grixis Dilbert

I get the good start game one (artifact land, Mox Opal, Top) and combo him quickly. G2 I end up taking a bunch of damage from Ancient Tombs and get waste / dazed out of the game. G3 grinds. He keeps my painters off the field and I'm getting card advantage with my Tezz, etc. I manual him out in turns. I have to make a decision about taking the guaranteed draw, or going to 2 of a Tomb and opening myself up to Bolt and lose to deck him in time. He takes the decision away from me and scoops before I tap mana.
    W2-1

R3 v Kyle Kurz on RG Lands

Game one I misplay and attack with a Welder on t1 instead of leaving it back to fuck with his Mox Diamond if he mills an artifact off the Loam dredge. He does, I curse myself, he Marit Lages me turn 3. G2 I have his Molten Vortex locked out with a Revoker, I have an Island and an Opal with a Blood Moon in hand. Over the next seven turns I proceed to attack him to 5 with my Revoker, not draw a third mana source to cast the Blood Moon. On turn 8 he finds the Punishing Fire and the game ends. Run bads on both our parts, I guess.
    L0-2

R4 v Aaron Sorrells on Eldrazi

I lose the roll, he goes Eye, 2/2 Endless One. I play land top. He plays Cavern Matter Reshaper. I play land Painter. He plays Temple Reality Smasher. I ask him how he's paying for the Smasher, then proceed to explain to him why it doesn't work. I grind him out shortly. SCG says I lost g2, though I don't remember it. G3 he lands an early chalice. This deck is really good against chalice, 'cause Welder and Tezz and people are awful at remembering their chalice triggers. I get like three spells through his chalice and hide behind a Bridge and Tezz ult him out of the game. Honestly the Eldrazi match is one of the reasons I went with the deck
    W2-1

R5 v Chris Minor on Loam?

I honest to god remember nothing about this match other than getting him to 1 life with a copter before grinding him out in one of the games.
    W2-0

R6 v Eric Hymel on Infect

I hadn't played against Infect with this deck at all. The match seems really good, though. They have no way to interact with you g1 so you get to use all of your disruption proactively. Heirarched 1/1s don't put enough of a clock on you to make comboing hard. After board you get a ton of good spells, including Spellskite.
    W2-0

R7 v Todd Stevens on Infect

This match goes pretty much exactly the same way the one before it did. We got deck checked and had a nice long chat. Nice guy who apparently streams.
    W2-0

R8 v David Malafarina on Nic Fit

This guy and this match were super fun. G1 he plays veteran explorer. I grind him out t4ish. G2 was awesome. I was way ahead. He Deeds away my whole board (including the artifact land, uch). He's attacking me with a Rhino. I draw Daretti and start throwing the Jeromes at his stuff. I stabilize at 1, with a Tezzeret at 4 and a (non-lethal) bunch of artifacts on the table. I decide I need to keep the Tezz on the table to win, so I decide to wait and try to fade a GSZ or a Rhino for one turn. I pass and he draws, taps his mana and says "Green Sun's for 4?". G3 I am way ahead, with a Chandra and some artifacts that do stuff. I was at a high life total, decide to kill DRS anyways (mistake), He untaps and slams Meren of Clan Nel Toth. In the following seven turns I proceed to get Qasali Pridemaged 7 times, but not before an exalted Meren destroys all of my planeswalkers. It was so brutal they would not have shown it on cable TV.
    L1-2

R9 v Cassidy Delcourt on Fish

Honest to goodness Merfolk in the x-2 bracket at the end of Day One. I am impressed. G1 I grind her our pretty quickly. G2 I'm forced into a position where I can't play around daze, I go for it, she has the daze. G3 grinds on. I'm hiding behind a bridge, she has a chalice on 1, and a needles on Tezz. She wastes my Inventors Fair after it gains me 5 or so life. I eventually find a Grudge, she forces. I find Aether Grid. I find the Opal to flash it back to play the grindstone in my hand and win a turn before I would have killed her with the Grid. She forces again, draws and concedes. She had a one of Echoing Truth as an out. I would have lost for sure. Props for being far and away the best person at remembering Chalice triggers that I played in the whole tournament.
    W2-1

Finished Day One at 7-2, I felt great. The deck was gelling, I was gelling, all Zen all the time. No hard feelings about either of my losses.

DAY TWO

R 10 v Michael Reed on ANT

Really enjoyable opponent. It takes me an embarrassingly long to to figure out that he's not playing Grixis Dilbert (like three ponders later) and I start using my blasts on his cantrips. I lose. G2 I Blast and Fluster his first two cantrips and then I grind him out. G3, He's stuck on a swamp and I'm stuck on 2 lands. I have a painter out, he Dark Rituals, I blast. So satisfying. I eventually play a top, he decides he has to go for it, double LEDs and discards his hand including a Past in Flames. I REB his past inflames and he extends the hand. Decks that can combo faster than you are hard, and I'd way rather play against ANT than TES.
    W2-1

R11 v Christopher Stagno on Chaos Elves

Elves is not quite as good as Infect, but they are also lacking in ways to interact with you. I grind fast game 1, G2 I draw Aether Grid a turn to late to deal with his DRS before it becomes unsummoning sick, and he kills me with it the following turn. G3, he plays stuff that doesn't matter, and I grind him out.
    W2-1

R12 v Matthew Tickal on Miracles

Apparently this guy grinds. I asked him to remind me of his name after the match, he says "I'm Matt Tickal. I'm 24th on the Leaderboard. [[I'm a big deal]]" All I can say is apparently being good at creature math in Standard doesn't translate well into Legacy. He played incredibly sloppy, missed three or 4 Counterbalance triggers, played a JTMS and brainstormed while I had an Aether Grid, two open artifacts and an Chandra on the board. Four mana planeswalkers were all stars in this match. The same Copter traded with Vendilion Clique twice and drew a Spell Pierce in G2.

W2-1

R13 v Jim Davis on BUG Dilbert

I thought he was on Miracles, don't ask me why. G1 I get delvered out, ending the game with 1 mana source on the table. I kept a hand I would not have kept in the dark and certainly would not have kept against Delver. G2 I keep a wasteland resistant 2 mana source hand and never find the third land, and lose to the taxing counters.
    L0-2

R14 v Matthew Long on Eldrazi

Lose the die roll, get kilt by giant monsters a turn or two before I can combo. G2 He has Chalice on 1, Chalice on 2 and Needle on Grindsone and a Mimic that can't attack through my Painter. I kill a TKS through a chalice because he's bad at triggers. He scoops to Tezz. G3 He muls to 6 and keeps I mul to 6 and see a hand of Top, Top, Brainstorm, Pyroblast, Baleful Strix and Vault of Whispers. I stare at the hand for like 2 minutes, before I decide to muligan. I'm still not sure that that was the correct decision. The game progresses, I play a t2 painter. On his turn he taps his two temples and his cavern and says "Endless one for 5". I say "Do you mean for 3?" and, as we've already gone over this with a judge he says "yeah yeah, 3". A turn or two later passes with a mimic and a 3/3 Endless one with me at six life. I top EoT and see LED, bridge and a Top. I draw the LED, spin to try and find a grindstone, don't see it. I pass and concede to his TKS. I completely missed the flip top - crack LED - play bridge line I had on my turn. He tells me after that he was cold to bridge and had no outs in his deck. I'm out T8 on my own lose play. Fucking Daggers.
    L1-2

R15 v Kevin Jones on Esper Jabroniblade

I like Kevin, he's relatively local to where I used to live. Don't play that deck its awful.
    W2-0

Notes:

So, the Copters. I found Intuition to be an terrible card, I was siding it out in every match. So I took it out of the deck, put in the Copters and the Baleful Strix and have not looked back. It performed incredibly well on the weekend, and is a house vs Dilbert and DnT, it trades with all of their shit. The Inventor's Fair (a concession to taking out 4 tutors) also performed very well for me on the weekend. The lifegain bought me at least a turn in every matchup where life was relevant, and it found me missing pieces several times. I really like where the maindeck is at. Daretti was insane, as was Chandra. I would like to fit the second Aether Grid back in the SB. Grafdigger's Cage is awful, it should probably be a second Spellbomb. The hardest MU for the deck is probably Show and Tell, since you have to find an extra piece to beat Emrakul and they can pretty easily race you.

I'm out of gas for the moment, maybe I will post more later. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer as best as I can. Sorry for the poor writing, its been a long few days.
    Last edited by Hisa; 11-07-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa View Post
    That list is mine.

So, the Copters. I found Intuition to be an terrible card, I was siding it out in every match. So I took it out of the deck, put in the Copters and the Baleful Strix and have not looked back. It performed incredibly well on the weekend, and is a house vs Dilbert and DnT, it trades with all of their shit. The Inventor's Fair (a concession to taking out 4 tutors) also performed very well for me on the weekend. The lifegain bought me at least a turn in every matchup where life was relevant, and it found me missing pieces several times. I really like where the maindeck is at. Daretti was insane, as was Chandra. I would like to fit the second Aether Grid back in the SB. Grafdigger's Cage is awful, it should probably be a second Spellbomb. The hardest MU for the deck is probably Show and Tell, since you have to find an extra piece to beat Emrakul and they can pretty easily race you.

I'm out of gas for the moment, maybe I will post more later. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer as best as I can. Sorry for the poor writing, its been a long few days.

Congrats on a strong finish in a huge field of players. I've been playing this build (w/ intuition) on and off again in weekly legacy events and I've never ult'd Tezz for the kill. It seems like Copter could help you get close, though. Could I get your thoughts on whether you'd think that 4 strix is better than the 2/2 split?

I like the idea of cutting the City of Traitors, as it has made some of my draws extremely awkward.

I'll be testing an Intuition-less build in the coming weeks. I know I'll miss the win-out-of-nowhere ability, though.

EDIT-

also, without Intuition, don't the silver bullets - LED / Spellbomb / Bridge feel unreliable? At the very least, it seems like the LED would be better used as a slot for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by amppyou View Post
    Congrats on a strong finish in a huge field of players. I've been playing this build (w/ intuition) on and off again in weekly legacy events and I've never ult'd Tezz for the kill. It seems like Copter could help you get close, though. Could I get your thoughts on whether you'd think that 4 strix is better than the 2/2 split?

I like the idea of cutting the City of Traitors, as it has made some of my draws extremely awkward.

I'll be testing an Intuition-less build in the coming weeks. I know I'll miss the win-out-of-nowhere ability, though.

EDIT-

also, without Intuition, don't the silver bullets - LED / Spellbomb / Bridge feel unreliable? At the very least, it seems like the LED would be better used as a slot for something else.
    The chip damage from the copter absolutely makes the Tezz ult a more realistic win con. I haven't missed City at all.

I think the 2 Copter 2 Strix is the right way to do it. The black requirement on the Strix can be really hard on the mana (Vault of Whispers is a concession to the Strix, but it is by far the worst land, see round 14). Smuggler's Copter has really over-performed for me. It trades with all the things you want it to trade against except TKS and Reality Smasher, and generally the Eldrazi match is good enough that its not hugely missed.

LED... I'm out on it still. The one copy provides a lot of utility, and can lead to explosive starts, but sometimes it does nothing. In terms of the rest of the silver bullets, between the Copters and Top and Dack and Tezz most of the time I was able to find what I needed in time. Intuition doesn't play to the board, costs more mana, and is more devastating when it gets countered (the difference between two and three is huge, in my opinion). Not to mention the feel bad of when you do something like Intuition for 3 Goblin Welders, and the one you cast gets countered. The biggest drawback to dropping Intuition is the density of blue cards for FoW.

The chip damage from the copter absolutely makes the Tezz ult a more realistic win con. I haven't missed City at all.

I think the 2 Copter 2 Strix is the right way to do it. The black requirement on the Strix can be really hard on the mana (Vault of Whispers is a concession to the Strix, but it is by far the worst land, see round 14). Smuggler's Copter has really over-performed for me. It trades with all the things you want it to trade against except TKS and Reality Smasher, and generally the Eldrazi match is good enough that its not hugely missed.

LED... I'm out on it still. The one copy provides a lot of utility, and can lead to explosive starts, but sometimes it does nothing. In terms of the rest of the silver bullets, between the Copters and Top and Dack and Tezz most of the time I was able to find what I needed in time. Intuition doesn't play to the board, costs more mana, and is more devastating when it gets countered (the difference between two and three is huge, in my opinion). Not to mention the feel bad of when you do something like Intuition for 3 Goblin Welders, and the one you cast gets countered. The biggest drawback to dropping Intuition is the density of blue cards for FoW.

So out of curiosity, have you been able to Tezz ult for a kill in your online play or the other day at the invitational? I hear what you're saying, but I'm thinking that maybe -1 vault -1 inventor's fair +1 sea +1 badlands might be worth trying to go up to a full 4 strix. Strix digs and trades regardless if you're ahead or behind. Copter just seems like it will put you in a tough position where you try to be the beatdown deck, but really aren't.

I'll try the changes I proposed, and if that feels too clunky, I'll go to the 2/2 split. also, the LED is a decent flex spot to smooth the mana out.

Quote Originally Posted by amppyou View Post
    So out of curiosity, have you been able to Tezz ult for a kill in your online play or the other day at the invitational? I hear what you're saying, but I'm thinking that maybe -1 vault -1 inventor's fair +1 sea +1 badlands might be worth trying to go up to a full 4 strix. Strix digs and trades regardless if you're ahead or behind. Copter just seems like it will put you in a tough position where you try to be the beatdown deck, but really aren't.

I'll try the changes I proposed, and if that feels too clunky, I'll go to the 2/2 split. also, the LED is a decent flex spot to smooth the mana out.
    I have gotten several tezz ults off online. I had one kill with a Tezz Ult and one concession to an unanswerable Tezz at the invitational. The threat of a lethal ultimate is a big deal.

I think that it's worth testing the full set of Strix. I only have like 80 matches played with the deck and haven't tested that. The biggest loss, I think, from the changes you're proposing is losing an artifact land. The best starts that this deck gets are Artifact Land, Mox Opal, 1 CMC artifact. I am really interested in how your testing goes.

I have gotten several tezz ults off online. I had one kill with a Tezz Ult and one concession to an unanswerable Tezz at the invitational. The threat of a lethal ultimate is a big deal.

I think that it's worth testing the full set of Strix. I only have like 80 matches played with the deck and haven't tested that. The biggest loss, I think, from the changes you're proposing is losing an artifact land. The best starts that this deck gets are Artifact Land, Mox Opal, 1 CMC artifact. I am really interested in how your testing goes.
    I hear you. Top activation on turn one just feels brainstorm-esque. Welder with Strix shenanigans seems like a great thing, though. With the Badlands addition, I think that I might try new Daretti in the LED slot. I know that Tezzerator players are having great success with it. Also, I would love to have a true answer to Chalice in the MB.

How did Dack feel to you?

Quote Originally Posted by THATONE View Post
    How did Dack feel to you?
    With the cut of intuition, Dack enables welder. A lot of the time, mana is scarce, and Dack pitching something to be welded in could allow you to combo earlier.

Stealing artifacts is important too. If you target a top from a miracles player, you can grind it away after they draw off of it.

Great stuff in here, wish I had read this thread earlier. I saw Hisa's list and fell in love with the Tezz + Copter plan B so ordered some Grindstones and Copters and played painter for the first time ever last night at a local tournament. Thought I'd post here since I ended up splitting the finals. It was only 4 rounds, but the deck felt great.

I did make some changes due to card availability and general theorycrafting. In the main I cut the spellbomb and a seat of the synod for 2 more blue fetches, since 19 land seemed low for a deck that wants to cast 4-drops (even with opals), and 4 fetches for brainstorm seemed too low (even with dack/tezz/copter to help clear away chaffe). In the side I swapped Chandra for a Fiery Confluence and a Blood Moon for a Strix (only b/c I don't own a 3rd moon, I would never cut it otherwise). I wanted 3 strix main which is why I added more fetches to help cast it, but wasn't sure what else to cut. After the event I'd say LED is a pretty clear cut, though I like the idea behind it.

I think all Painter decks that run Sol lands should play at least 1 Fiery Confluence. The card is just insane. It gets awkward if we have a Strix or Welder out, but in my matches I 4-1'd an Eldrazi opponent taking out 2 mimics an endless one and a needle. I played white Eldrazi vs Imperial Painter at Eternal Weekend and similarly got blown out when he destroyed my Chalice, Mox Diamond and Jitte with one Confluence.

Anyway, I beat BUG Death Shadow, Jund, Turbo Depths and split with Eldrazi in the end though we played it out for fun. Inventor's Fair was great for the incidental life gain and threat of searching out the combo causing opponents to hold up mana nearly every single turn. Copter was the reason I wanted to play this deck and was brilliant. The looting and damage make it tough for the opp. to interact with your multiple angles of attack, they'll also be forced to kill it instead of your impactful cards like welder/servant. Going into today I was excited to make 5/5 Copters with Tezz but realized while playing it's just better to go wide and make them kill your opal or artifact land instead.

The deck also really overloads opps. Abrupt Decays.

I'll definitely be coming back to Painter more in the future, and though my tournament was small thought I'd just share another small success with that specific list. Cheers.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

In what matchup do you bring in Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    In what matchup do you bring in Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast?
    Daretti comes in in Grindy matches and against chalice decks. Chandra comes in in some of those matches, too, but is in the list to fight miracles.

I finally got to run a list with some Strix. I ran two and they felt great. The Shardless BUG player I played against was a little bit rusty, but the Strix definitely slanted the match towards me even further.

4 Goblin Welder
    4 Painter's Servant
    2 Baleful Strix
    3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    2 Dack Fayden
    4 Force of Will
    3 Intuition
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Pyroblast
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Grindstone
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Seat of the Synod
    3 Great Furnace
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Badlands
    1 Island
    1 Mountain

Given Hisa's advice, I've begun looking at side boarding differently. I found myself siding out Intuition more often. I still like the card, and I think 3 feels much better than 4. Being able to steal the game out of nowhere with an active welder is sick, and Intuition makes the deck much faster IMO.

I don't think I'll ever miss LED either. Even at 4 copies of Intuition, I don't think I ever Intuition'd for it. It's nice as a way to sneak cards from your hand into your graveyard, and good for bridge, but not worthy of a slot.

Play of the day was when my Shardless BUG opponent Abrupt Decay'd my Welder. In response, I sac'd my Tormod's Crypt targetting me- welded it back in binning a Great Furnace - then Crypt'd him. Shrank his goyf from 5/6 to 0/1. I love the unorthodox lines that this deck has.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Daretti comes in in Grindy matches and against chalice decks. Chandra comes in in some of those matches, too, but is in the list to fight miracles.
    Nice!

I have proxy the deck and playtested the deck. I love it.

But is LED really need in the deck? It feel very narrow what it can do (and cost too much)

Thread Information