Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Painter-Stone

Re: [PRIMER] U/R Painter

So I was thinking about this last night. I am currently building this deck, but missing a few pieces, but they are on their way. So people have been talking splashing white, but has anyone thought of black? I'm not saying we should, but I was thinking about it. Black would still be able to run foundry for the people that want to. You can think about running a few cards that might smooth the deck out. I'm really just brainstorming but here are a few ideas I came up with:

Yixlid Jailer
    Dark Confidant
    Dark Ritual

Jailer stops Emrakul's pesky recursion along with dredge, Bob is good draw, and with a top you shouldn't lose to much life, Rit is acceleration and it can run grindstone for 1.
    This might dilute the deck to much, so its only a thought, but I figured it might be worth a gander.

Edit: I just thought about surgical extraction, but I wasn't sure of it was fast enough to hit Emraukl while it was in the GY.
    Last edited by Temanaras; 05-10-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Nov 2006
    London

Thanks for the responses guys.

I was considering Misstep in the blast spots and they will probably end up there. The main reason for having blasts maindeck is to beat Needle or Revoker game 1. With the Wurmcoil backup plan, they're not as essential. I would argue that the blue count is fine, since 99% of the time you'll use Force and Misdirection to protect Painter while it's in play, but the added blue from Misstep is still helpful. Especially against discard.

I'm not really convinced the single LED adds much, though. It may be the only combination of cards that can win with Welder when you only have 2 lands... but how did you cast Intuition in the first place? In the time you need to activate Welder twice, I would think you could find a third mana source. Transmuting for LED seems like a marginal play.

Regarding Counterbalance, I never intended it to shore up the Zoo/Burn matchups completely. Those are difficult no matter what you do. But it's just as good as Leyline, Chill, or any other anti-burn card IMO. The main reason to include it is because it completely swings the combo matchup in your favor. For a mere three sideboard spots, I think that's worth it. I certainly wouldn't sideboard it in against Merfolk or Goblins. Both of those matchups are already stellar.

I thought about Divert instead of Misdirection but I admit I haven't tested it thoroughly. It's not really a matter of the opponent running into it. The reason I don't play it is because the only time it's significantly better than Misdirection is against discard on turn 1, when you don't have Painter yet, and don't have an extra blue card. If it's turn 0, or you're tapped out, it's not going to help any more than Misdirection would. Once Painter is in play, Misdirection is a lot better. Leaving U open for Divert in the early turns slows you down considerably as well.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

keys, we kind of spoke about it at the "tournament" in Costa Mesa, but could Kira have a home here?

She almost completely shores up the Zoo and Burn match ups, can easily be powered out on turn 2 with Opal, and can put on a small clock on an empty board. Your combo match up seems pretty good without Counterbalance, but maybe adding in 2 Mindbreak Traps over the Misdirections would be good (Misdirection might no longer be needed due to Kira, which is also a little bit helpful against Junk, but I wouldn't bring her in). Plus, Counterbalance doesn't seem great in this deck against combo, since you first have to draw it and with only three that isn't entirely likely, also you have to have UU which can be a bit of a challenge. I think you are a lot better just trying to race them, keep in mind that a Wurmcoil can make it hard for ANT (still pretty easy for TES, but not a lot of that is showing up).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    keys, we kind of spoke about it at the "tournament" in Costa Mesa, but could Kira have a home here?

She almost completely shores up the Zoo and Burn match ups, can easily be powered out on turn 2 with Opal, and can put on a small clock on an empty board. Your combo match up seems pretty good without Counterbalance, but maybe adding in 2 Mindbreak Traps over the Misdirections would be good (Misdirection might no longer be needed due to Kira, which is also a little bit helpful against Junk, but I wouldn't bring her in).
    I don't see how this "completely shores up the Zoo and Burn match ups" any more than Counterbalance does. If you use up tempo on Kira, they can just race you, and a 2/3 flyer is not much of a clock.

The combo matchup without Counterbalance is even at best. Post board, with blasts and Misdirections, it's maybe slightly favorable, but far from being a bye. CB is better than Mindbreak Trap against combo (I know you wouldn't argue otherwise), and leagues better against burn...

Kira may be better than CB against Junk, but the biggest threat is still Pernicious Deed, rather than targeted removal. I bring in Needles, Misdirections, and Ensnaring Bridge for that matchup, and it seems sufficient.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

If you're considering Kira, I'd just run Spellskite instead. It's already an artifact so it has great synergy with Welder and Transmute Artifact, and it can also be cast much easier than Kira. Plus it can also randomly protect your other artifacts from spot removal. Just seems like a natural fit if you have the space.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    I don't see how this "completely shores up the Zoo and Burn match ups" any more than Counterbalance does. If you use up tempo on Kira, they can just race you, and a 2/3 flyer is not much of a clock.
    Lets be honest here, Zoo is probably no going to kill you on turn 4, so you get to untap with Kira in play, and there is no way they are killing Painter+you before you can stick a Welder, or another Painter. It shores up the match up because it changes the dynamics of it. Why are Burn and Zoo a problem for Painter? They have infinite removal, so they can stop your combo. I would actually say that Counterbalance and Kira take the same amount of time to set up, except Kira is one card to trump their removal and Counterbalance is two. I'm not saying that a 2/2 flier is the world's most ideal clock, but it could happen, I've seen you close out tons of games by attacking with 2/x's.

The combo matchup without Counterbalance is even at best. Post board, with blasts and Misdirections, it's maybe slightly favorable, but far from being a bye. CB is better than Mindbreak Trap against combo (I know you wouldn't argue otherwise), and leagues better against burn..
    All you need to do in the Combo match up is to buy 1-2 turns. Mindbreak Trap, or a similar free disruption spell, does that fairly well. And if you think the Combo match up turns into a bye after you add 3 Counterbalance, you are in for a nasty shock. Obviously you are not bringing in Traps against Burn, you are bringing in Kira, which I already said I think is better against them anyways.

Pretty much, what I am trying to say is that Kira is better against Burn and Zoo than Counterbalance is against Combo. We are playing with 5 slots, and we are trying to improve those three match ups, and I think that the 3 Kira and 2 Trap/Pierce/other anti-combo card is better than 3 Counterbalance and 2 Misdirection in the same match ups. That being said, I wouldn't fault you for keeping the Misdirections, but Pierces do seem valuable too.

Kira may be better than CB against Junk, but the biggest threat is still Pernicious Deed, rather than targeted removal. I bring in Needles, Misdirections, and Ensnaring Bridge for that matchup, and it seems sufficient.
    Obviously you aren't bringing in Kira unless something really weird is going on, I was just saying it provides more utility than Counterbalance does against them.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    If you're considering Kira, I'd just run Spellskite instead. It's already an artifact so it has great synergy with Welder and Transmute Artifact, and it can also be cast much easier than Kira. Plus it can also randomly protect your other artifacts from spot removal. Just seems like a natural fit if you have the space.
    Touché. keys and I are discussing it on gmail, and we have agreed that Spellskite is probably the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Nov 2006
    London

I will test 3 Spellskite, 2 Mental Misstep in those 5 spots.

I really like the Transmute deck, I definitely promises more fun and interactions, however I think its not superior to the original - at least on paper, but may be right direction with misstep around... provides nice space in SB without the Emrakul, I'm loving the Bridge, Duplicant and the Counterbalance is a natural friend of Painter in my opinion, unfortunately I'm unable to give it a try, I don't have Grim Monolith, I don't like it as a card and will not buy it just for this purpose

I think dropping LEDs is a bad way to go since LED itself IS a protection, I top 8ed a 50+ men tourney (4-0-2 losing to zen-bant in QF) last week with the original list +1 blast +2 diverts -2 lands -1 Trinket, and I was missing the 4th LED nearly all the time and was desperately topping for it, i don't understand some of you guys say you do not want to see 2nd LED in a game... I'll never play less than 4

few other notes from the tourney - Trinket mage was only good as shuffle effect, Diverts were excellent on the other hand I would like more blasts in some games, I will continue playing a Mountain - wastelocked 4 games (+Energy flux twice), playing Emrakul is suboptimal - half of the decks I faced played Karakas main, mostly with Jace, Sower, KotR, Humility, oblivion ring in the mix; I'm missing Lightning bolts from older U/R versions

I keep losing to dumb Zen-Bant decks and do not understand why, 4 swords 2 pridemage is not something to stop me, while I keep winning against black splash Maverick which I'm afraid of more... Bant, damn its just stupid Zoo with blue =S

On black-splash - ok but the you won't play Art. lands and Welder just for Confidant which is the only right choice among cards mentioned and with Ancient tomb, fetches, force and now maybe misstep you are more than one foot in graveyard already while rolling the dice, you should beat dredge even without SB, Jailer for Emrakul is a bit overkill; surgical extraction is bad, untutorable, counterable, lifedemanding

Kira - demanding casting cost for questionable effect, Counterbalance is much better

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    I think dropping LEDs is a bad way to go since LED itself IS a protection, I top 8ed a 50+ men tourney (4-0-2 losing to zen-bant in QF) last week with the original list +1 blast +2 diverts -2 lands -1 Trinket, and I was missing the 4th LED nearly all the time and was desperately topping for it, i don't understand some of you guys say you do not want to see 2nd LED in a game... I'll never play less than 4
    few other notes from the tourney - Trinket mage was only good as shuffle effect, Diverts were excellent on the other hand I would like more blasts in some games, I will continue playing a Mountain - wastelocked 4 games (+Energy flux twice), playing Emrakul is suboptimal - half of the decks I faced played Karakas main, mostly with Jace, Sower, KotR, Humility, oblivion ring in the mix; I'm missing Lightning bolts from older U/R versions
    Could you please elaborate why you like a 2nd LED in a game? Granted, LED is a way to protect the combo, but a quick analysis can show why it is in general worse than a protection, say, Mental Misstep. (REB costs mana and complicates the comparison)

1. Opponent has mana open and no removal: LED is as good as Protection.
    2. Opponent has mana open and 1 removal: LED is worse than Protection.
    3. Opponent has mana open and 2+ removal: LED is as bad as Protection, but worse if you have other Protections in hand.
    4. Opponent does not have mana open and no removal: LED is as good as Protection.
    5. Opponent does not have mana open and 1 removal: LED is as good as Protection.
    6. Opponent does not have mana open and 2+ removal: LED is better than Protection, but as good if you have other Protections in hand.

sure,
    hard to say how situation will look like with misstep, but personal experience is so

it's not that easy all your 6 examples are board-state and match-up dependent, my view is - hey this is combo, you want to win not to be sure you cannot lose, and its about setting up and going off the right turn(s), protection is better most of the other time of course, its conditional, LED lets you win, Misstep does nothing but counter 1cc removal = swords & bolts

Misstep does nothing with Pridemage, Deeds, Explosives, with LED you are possibly 1 step ahead in the Painter survival battle, you benefit from multiple combo pieces, LED has synergy with intuition and welder, improves metalcraft, gets you out of reach of Daze and spellpierce, lets you win in unexpected time and manners - which can annul opponents removal itself, the deck preys on opponents "mis-steps"; seriously - the combo itself is bad, it's skill and surprise that matters

why multiple? I do not require 2 in a game, but definitely want to see 1 and do not dislike the 2nd; in the mentioned tournament I was in several "draw LED=win" situations (aka blast pridemage, LED-grind, divert from top if swords present / discard hand, grind, weld a painter in); its a reaction to previous tendencies dropping LEDs to a 2of, singleton or entirely for other cards or protection, I think this is wrong, but its always up to you what to play, I will stay with my 4 LEDs

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Hey ivanpei,

Hows the Painter/MUD Stompy hybrid going? I'm still split between building two decks, though most of the pieces are similar.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    I really like the Transmute deck, I definitely promises more fun and interactions, however I think its not superior to the original - at least on paper, but may be right direction with misstep around... provides nice space in SB without the Emrakul, I'm loving the Bridge, Duplicant and the Counterbalance is a natural friend of Painter in my opinion, unfortunately I'm unable to give it a try, I don't have Grim Monolith, I don't like it as a card and will not buy it just for this purpose
    Monolith fills more roles than LED: acceleration, metalcraft enabler, reusable mana with Welder, and Transmute food. They're better in multiples, and usable with protection in hand. Yes, this is a combo deck and speed is important, but that doesn't mean it should go all-in on one (let's face it) easily disrupted win condition without protection. TES is arguably the best storm deck because it has loads of protect AND a 2nd win con in Empty the Warrens. Monolith enables Wurmcoil as an alternative win con, while also making it easier to use protection like FoW, MM, and Blasts.

I'm not following your LED = protection logic at all. Speed is important to a combo deck, but so is resiliency. Drawing 2 LEDs is terrible.

Once you realize how awkward Emrakul is, you're on your way to playing Transmute Painter.

I keep losing to dumb Zen-Bant decks and do not understand why, 4 swords 2 pridemage is not something to stop me, while I keep winning against black splash Maverick which I'm afraid of more... Bant, damn its just stupid Zoo with blue =S

On black-splash - ok but the you won't play Art. lands and Welder just for Confidant which is the only right choice among cards mentioned and with Ancient tomb, fetches, force and now maybe misstep you are more than one foot in graveyard already while rolling the dice, you should beat dredge even without SB, Jailer for Emrakul is a bit overkill; surgical extraction is bad, untutorable, counterable, lifedemanding

Kira - demanding casting cost for questionable effect, Counterbalance is much better
    Agreed. Black splash won't work because the deck uses artifact lands. The maindeck is already tight enough. I think the new question is Counterbalance or Spellkite (not Kira).

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Hey ivanpei,

Hows the Painter/MUD Stompy hybrid going? I'm still split between building two decks, though most of the pieces are similar.
    Check out my updated list on the previous page.

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Hey ivanpei,

Arg I typed a long post but it got lost!

The MUD-Painter hybrid is inconsistent unfortunately :( . Usually it's easier to just win with Painter. With Mental Misstep, the slots are now really tight.

Basically in summary I think if you want LEDs, its best to play Spellskites. I play without LEDs and my new list is this:

3 LEDs, 1 Trinket, 1 Misdirection -> 4 Misstep, 1 Ponder. Welder helps against Pridemage and Misstep keeps your welder alive. Spellskite is also hopelessly useless against counterspells, discard and combo. Misstep is just more versatile. I still keep REBs because I like having MD outs to Revoker/ Needle. Also Spellskite doesn't help you force through your painter through counterspells. IMO spellskite is a great SB card against Zoo because it can soak up 2 burn spells! I play 1 ponder because I feel that this deck really lacks shuffle effects. For a deck with 4 tops, you really need more shuffle effects. 4 Tarn + 4 Intuition doesn't cut it. I play 5 Fetch + 4 Intuition + 1 Ponder and it's much better.

Edit, cut the random 1 Ponder for REB after testing tonight. 3 REBs to intuition for is very important. Revoker decks have been frustrating me all night. Being able to tutor for REB = Priceless. Also, Misstep is sick, catching a Turn 1 drop with it puts the opponent's clock 2 turns back for the cost of 1 CARD and 2 life! I always run out the T1 Misstep. I have 4 Force, 4 Misstep, 3 REB, 4 Welder protecting the combo so running it out T1 to slow the opponent is usually the right play. Did not miss LEDs at all, misstep really slows the opponent, I had no issues racing goblins and the like. Didn't really need shuffle effects apparently. Grindstone + top is such a madhouse combo. I pulled out alot of wins with that combo against control when my painters kept on going farming. Digging 3 cards a turn is sick.
    Last edited by ivanpei; 05-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Nov 2006
    London

I attended a 43 man tournament yesterday but unfortunately finished 3-3. Just a few highlights from my games:

I won in three games Round 1 against Belcher. The first game he played Belcher but didn't have the mana to activate it, which gave me a few turns to set up and kill him. The next two games he went for Empty the Warrens, but I just outraced him the second time. I imagine Misstep is really good here, but the one time I drew it he ramped with Lotus Petals and Desperate Rituals instead. Never drew FoW, so I was pretty lucky not to die to Belcher.

Round 2 I was matched up against CounterTop Thopter with Confidant. Game one was a quick Grindstone kill backed up by Welder, while game two he overwhelmed me with card advantage from Confidant, and sealed it with Aura of Silence. Game three he started with a Pithing Needle naming Grindstone. A few turns later I Transmuted a Monolith for Myr Battlesphere and killed him in combat next turn (he had taken some damage from a Welder and Painter).

I played against NO Elves round 3 and this loss was really due to poor draws, since it's normally a pretty easy matchup. I had to mull to five game one, and couldn't put anything together before I died to his turn 3 (?) Progenitus. The next game I couldn't get any red mana to cast Welder and his Grip on my Grindstone stopped me dead in my tracks. Then his elves + lords ran me over.

Round 4 had an epic start. I kept a unique hand with Monolith, Wurmcoil, Transmute, Misstep and lands. I then proceed to draw Battlesphere and I start to think this is not my day... However, I hardcast turn 3 Wurmcoil, and on his turn, my opponent plays Show and Tell. I drop the Battlesphere and then outrace his Emrakul for the win.

Game two I bring in blasts, Duplicant, and Ensnaring Bridge. My hand has Duplicant, so on turn 3 I allow his Show and Tell to resolve. I did not see the Hive Mind coming... and Dup does not stop me from dying in my upkeep to Pact. I should've known since I saw him play Monolith the previous game. Game three I'm given another fast Wurmcoil hand but no countermagic, and it can't race Emrakul by itself, especially when he has Pact of the Titan as blocker and mana to pay for it. Perhaps I should have mulliganed more aggressively into combo pieces and/or more countermagic.

Round 5 I beat mono black Reanimator/Dark Depths combo. I lost game one to Turn 2 Iona, but he couldn't do anything about [Transmute for] Ensnaring Bridge the next two. Misstep was great here.

Round 6 against RUW Burn, Spellskites were too little too late. Couldn't set up before getting flamed out or beaten by Guides/Lynxes in two games.

We played some more games for fun and it seemed like my only wins came from a fast Wurmcoil. It's still possible to pull off a Grindstone kill, but you need fast mana to drop Painter and activate Stone while your opponent is tapped out. Monolith + Skite help, but it's really hard to assemble everything in time.

Final Thoughts: I will probably find space for the 4th Transmute. I needed more action in a lot of games, but I'm not sure what to take out for it. Neither Misstep nor Spellskite really got a chance to shine, mostly because I didn't draw them enough, but also because they're kind of narrow. I'm going to keep my options open.

Lastly, the deck is a blast to play. The Transmute/Wurmcoil plan was a breakthrough, but it's still not optimized. I'm looking forward to better performances.
    Last edited by keys; 05-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Back to the general U/R list, here's a potential alternative to the ickiness that is SnT/Emrakul in the SB.

Currently in the top 4 of the SCG Open in Orlando...

4 Painter's Servant
    4 Goblin Welder
    2 Trinket Mage

4 Grindstone
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Intuition
    3 Mental Misstep

1 Island
    3 Great Furnace
    4 Seat of the Synod
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Pyrite Spellbomb
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Auriok Salvagers
    2 Magus of the Moon
    1 Ancient Grudge
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Tundra

I'd much rather play the Bomberman combo than Show and Tell personally, and I do like the Magus.

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I dunno, Auriok Salvagers seems cute to me. Wouldn't Llawan just be better? You still lose to needle and it's a 3 card combo. I think it's way too cute to be effective. The deck doesn't have a ton of white sources and if you draw that MD tundra, its pretty crappy. And I think Trinket main and Nihil main is not very useful. Should be Missteps/REB/Transmute. Trinket seems like a weak choice. Nihil + Welder is just a cute combo, I don't think MD outs to Emrakul is needed though since we'll get curbed stomped before we can assemble the combo + a Nihil spellbomb.

I've also totally cut LEDs. Never needed em. Just my 2 cents.

Apr 2011
    Philippines

Cute deck. Updated my primer :D

Personally I've used bomberman before, however not in a U/R shell build. Interesting variation did not occur to me that Aurioks can fit easily into the deck due to the opals..... very very interesting.

Ivanpei: Actually the presence of trinkets probably serves a dual purpose... In testing it was found that in games where the combo fails you will need to resort to beating your opponent down to death :p... Trinket is great as it help us grab singleton pieces such as nihil ... if you check the SB he's got alot of single ton artifacts that build his combo... trinket probably just acts as a meat shield :D

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

True, but 2/2s don't win the game unless you lock it down. Plus assembling a 3 card combo is difficult enough. I think Trinket is an okay filler, its just that there are too many cards competing for those slots and IMO REB/Misstep/Transmute are better then trinket. My sb plan against decks I know are playing Revoker /Emrakul/ lots of needles or chalice is Painter+Llawan. It's immune to needle effects/chalice (unlike salvager), and is a 2 card combo that just auto wins against aggro decks.

My board:

3 Needle
    3 Llawan
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Spell pierce/Ensnaring Bridge

Against aggro with needles/ revokers, I swap out Stones for Llawan. She wrecks aggro, period. With 6 blasts I just kill anything else they sneak/cheat through. Against combo/control, I play the deck like control post board. I trim down stones to 3 and cut some mana/welders for blasts/pierces. The deck is a pretty compact combo so just minimal combo pieces paired with a crap load of counters/pseudo vindicates usually does the trick.

IMO, 3 card combos are a no-no. They've never worked in legacy and I don't see why anyone should play a 3 card combo, it's just way to difficult to assemble, even with intuition welder.

I played this today, got 10th, but not being aggressive in round 3 cost me the top 8 probably....I should of went for the transmute. Misstep was solid, though I didn't play zoo or much discard. Against Merfolk and renanimator, it was pretty damn good. Transmute was golden, I am not sure why anyone would want to run trinket mage over it.....main deck spellbomb won me two matches. The real MVP, that I am gonna try to work into the main deck is Spellskite. The thing is insane......sower my welder, no....you can have spellskite.....wanna burn my welder, sorry.....you need 3 burn spells. Echoing Truth my Ensnaring Bridge, sorry you can bounce my spellskite. The thing is just nuts.......and it block a lot of the format and lives. I am not sold on the Diverts......and may cut a crypt from the board, though there is a lot graveyard stuff in my area.

Artifacts - 11
    4 Grindstone
    2 Lion's Eye Diamond
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Nihil Spellbomb

Artifact Creatures - 4
    4 Painter's Servant

Creatures - 4
    4 Goblin Welder

Instants - 17
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    3 Intuition
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Mental Mistep

Soceries - 1
    2 Transmute Artifact

Legendary Artifacts - 3
    3 Mox Opal

Artifact Lands - 7
    3 Great Furnace
    4 Seat of the Synod

Basic Lands - 1
    1 Island

Lands - 13
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Flooded Strand
    4 Volcanic Island

Sideboard: 15
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    4 Spellskite
    2 Divert

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Grats! Forgot about spellskite, it seems the nuts against our worst matchup, zoo. Will play some in the board. Did you feel you needed the LEDs at all? I play zero and I never missed em. Cheers.

Thread Information