Thread: 1/2 Split At Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware GPT With The Truly EPIC storm (TES)

Sep 2010
    LA

1/2 Split At Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware GPT With The Truly EPIC storm (TES)

Hi my name is Weston Brown I have not been playing TES for too long but I think the deck is extremly powerfull and Fun to play.
    There was 53 peaple at the GPT So 2 peaple would get byes and it would be 6 rounds this is the list:

Main Deck
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Empty the Warrens
    4 Infernal Tutor
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Silence
    3 Orim's Chant
    4 Duress
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 City Of Brass
    4 Gemstone Mine
    qty: 60

Sideboard
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-gotten Gains
    1 Diminishing Returns
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Shattering Spree
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Grapeshot
    2 Echoing Truth
    4 Xantid Swarm
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    qty: 15

Pretty much just the stock TES

Round 1: I got the first round bye which I know is pretty lucky

1-0

Round 2: Burn This matchup seems pretty good unless you draw realy poorly

Game 1: I won the roll then mulled to 6 I went turn 2 twelve goblins He almost kills me with Kiln Fiend but I rip a LED to mini Tendrills him before he can kill me

I Board

-1 Empty
    -1 Infenal
    -1 silence

+1 igg
    +2 Echoing truth

Game 2: We both mull to 6 he goes turn 1 Goblin Guide I hit a land he misses his second land and I make 10 goblins and kill him before he draws a land

2-0

Round 3: Ben with Belcher, Ben is a cool guy and I knew what he was playing He put me on blue since that is what I always play, I was thinking this matchup seemed pretty poor for me because he is just faster, Before the match he tells me how he just smashed 2 force of will decks I laugh and then we start.

Game 1: He wins the roll and mulls to 6 I keep 2 LED, city, ponder, Wish, petal, Branstorm he goes turn 1 go no land
    I draw LED and go for it and Kill him With Diminishing Returns after the game he tells me I was dead if i passed back

-1 Empty
    -1 infenal

+1 Igg
    +1 ThoughtSeize

Game 2: He Mulls to 6 I keep he again go turn one no land go then I play turn 1 Ad Nauseam he again shows me I was dead if I passed back, My draws were pretty stupid This Match

3-0

Round 4 Afinity This Again looks like a Great Matchup

Game 1: I Win the roll and mull to 6 He goes turn 1 Seat Memnite then turn 2 I Kill Him Wit Ad Nauseam

- 1 Empty
    - 1 infenal
    - 1 Duress
    - 1 Silence

+ 1 Igg
    + 1 Hurkyl's Recall
    + 2 Echoin Truth

Game 2: I keep a Questionable Hand 2 Duress, 2 LED, City, petal, Dark rit He goes turn one lotus petal Canonist Memnite so iam like ok thats a little anoying I Duress him he has lands and arcbound worker then I draw ponder and see the nuts land Infernal Echoing truth so I untap play lotus petal Bounce the Canonist and kill him with Ad Nauseam

4-0

Round 5: Junk ID

4-0-1

Round 6: Merfolk ID

4-0-2

So yea 6 "GAMES" and iam in top 8 pretty stupid

Top 8

Quarter Finals: Combo Elves with Cabal therpy and Duress in Sb At first I wasn't sure what the matchup was like but then before the round started, Liam (lorddotm) Says nice job on top 4 I say is it that good of a matchup he says the closest he has ever come to losing to elves is when he almost died to Ad Nauseam.

Game 1: I win the roll and mull to 6 then ponder turn 1 he plays a Mana Elf turn 1 turn 2 he plays another Mana elf and Preist then on his turn 3 I chant him then I untap and Igg him

- 1 Empty
    - 1 Infenal
    - 2 Duress

+ 1 Igg
    + 1 Thoughtsieze
    + 2 Echoing Truth

Game 2 He mulls to 5 looking for discard I keep another nut hand 2 Dark rit, LED, Wish, Ad Nauseam, Fetch, Ponder he goes turn one fetch for bayou I ask " Thoughtsieze"? He says I Wish there is a fine line between goin for black spells and hands that do anything he plays a Symbiote I Untap play Rit Rit Ad Nauseam and He Extendes his hand before Ad Nauseam Resolves.

5-0-2

Semi Finals: Merfolk the first Force of Will deck all day Some pretty sick matchups for me so far.

Game 1: I win the roll and Keep 2 Burning Wish, Infenal, Mox, Dark rit, LED, Land, He mulls to 6 I move all in turn 1 and he has nothing I kill him with Ad Nauseam

- 1 Silence
    - 1 Duress
    - 1 Infenal
    - 1 Orims Chant

+ 4 Xanthid Swarm

Game 2: He Mulls to 5, I think he's pretty much mulling for the force he goes island go I go Gemstone mine Swarm He forces then wastes me I untap and say go I have no land he plays a Mutavault says go I draw play a mox he dazes it atacks me with Mutavault then I draw A fetch and duress him his hand is Island Lord of Atlantis I make 14 Goblins he plays Lord atacks me with Mutavault I untap atack with everything he untaps and says good game.

6-0-2

"Games 10-0!"

Finals: Burn With Splash for Stepe lynx and Brainstorm (Pretty Cool Deck), we split since we both get byes, we each got 1 Underground Sea and 2 Wastelands So overall good tournament I can't say I wasnt running very good I also had great Matchups and Great Draws all day long, So all in all I think the TES Deck is a great Deck with its abilty to have so much raw power!

Feb 2009
    Finland

Re: 1/2 Split At Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware GPT With The Truly EPIC storm (TES)

You shouldn't be siding out Infernal if you side in IGG. That's the card you'll find the IGG with. Could you tell me why did you do that?

Sep 2010
    LA

Re: 1/2 Split At Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware GPT With The Truly EPIC storm (TES)

Because iam bad at magic the gathering

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Meanwhile I got all blue decks and no turn 1 wins or anything that broken.... What the fuck.

Good job man! The deck is utterly broken, so no shocker you ran through the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Jun 2010
    Encino, Ca

I played against 4 FOW decks with Belcher, still beat three of them... This loss to Weston was what kept me out of it. Sick games man. It was awesome seeing you play the deck. Congrats on the finish.

Sep 2010
    LA

Thanks guys, yea I can't lie I got some pretty great draws and matchups, but yea I realy like the deck (so much more fun then counterbalance lol)

Mar 2010
    East L.A.

Way to go man! The deck is meant to do broken stuff, nice job running through the field. Who told you to play the deck? (hint: me) ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingitouchdies
    We dont let drug laden fiends and swine come marching in and take our shit. We send them home with the memory of the monsters and vigilantes that curb stomped their dreams and threatened to animate their dead grandmother for a black and a colorless. No fucking around in LA.

Sep 2010
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by COBBLER View Post
    Game 1: I win the roll and Keep 2 Burning Wish, Infenal, Mox, Dark rit, LED, Land, He mulls to 6 I move all in turn 1 and he has nothing I kill him with Ad Nauseam
    Why didn't you go for a certain Iggy-kill? I realize Adn gives you the chance of playing protection after ad nauseam, but if he has a force and didn't use it on your ad nauseam(you)/Iggy(me), he is just retarded and shouldn't get to the finals.

Land, mox (imprint wish), dark ritual, infernal tutor (LED), LED, LED, burning wish, sac 2 LED, Ill-gotten gains, LED, LED, infernal tutor, infernal tutor, Tendrils.

Anyways, I liked your report and congrats (though I couldn't stop thinking: "Aargh, no blue decks?")
    Last edited by Diprivan; 04-20-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Sep 2010
    LA

Yea I Know I could have gone Igg to be honest in my mind I was soooo certain he was gonna force me and I was gonna lose that when I did it and it resolved I wasn't thinking and went Ad Nausum THINKING maybe he still had force and was waiting I dunno I was so happy it resolved I thought ad at 20 should be ok lol

damn Weston, you also qualified for Nationals the day before?

Sep 2010
    LA

Yea, LOL

Thread Information