Page 202 of 428 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Re: [DTB] GW/x Maverick

Lot of thanks guys!

I am really sorry buy I won't do a report. Too many rounds and i can't remember all.
    If anywant want to see videos of the deck, i was coverged against bant R9 in trial legacy and in R13 against ANT in legacy main event.

@door hope you like Bop ;)

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

I was skimming through trying to find the name "Luis" but they had you as yoan f http://screencast.com/t/Yp9cAWCkTUF

Here's the ANT match link: http://www.twitch.tv/watchdamatch/c/2279496

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Very interesting list indeed. Vial seems sweet. I'm surprised by no GSZ. and I assume the BoP over Noble due to flying? Throwing a swords on a bird seems powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Very interesting list indeed. Vial seems sweet. I'm surprised by no GSZ. and I assume the BoP over Noble due to flying? Throwing a swords on a bird seems powerful
    Is it really Maverick without GSZ and with Vial? It looks a lot like the old Green splashed Death & Taxes decks (Green & Taxes or whatever) more than Maverick to me.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Is it really Maverick without GSZ and with Vial? It looks a lot like the old Green splashed Death & Taxes decks (Green & Taxes or whatever) more than Maverick to me.
    My thoughts as well. Looks very D&Tish with the various different hate bears. And vial.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2007

The deck from Luis "Maverick" isnt death and taxes, his deck is the original Maverick deck, you can read in the first page how at the beginning the deck had vials.

He created the deck, of course there were another GW decks but he was the first to find the keys for making gw a deck to beat in legacy: Knights of reliquaries , vials, stoneforge + equipments,2 scryb rangers, wayfarers and mothers, not tarmogoyfs ... people from another countries took this decklist and played green sun's zeniths rather than vials, but he tested zeniths and he decided to continue playing vials.

Moreover he has been talking about his deck in Spanish forums since 2010 http://www.factoriademishra.com/phpB...php?f=8&t=2398 , and this thread started in 2011

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    The deck from Luis "Maverick" isnt death and taxes, his deck is the original Maverick deck, you can read in the first page how at the beginning the deck had vials.

He created the deck, of course there were another GW decks but he was the first to find the keys for making gw a deck to beat in legacy: Knights of reliquaries , vials, stoneforge + equipments,2 scryb rangers, wayfarers and mothers, not tarmogoyfs ... people from another countries took this decklist and played green sun's zeniths rather than vials, but he tested zeniths and he decided to continue playing vials.

Moreover he has been talking about his deck in Spanish forums since 2010 http://www.factoriademishra.com/phpB...php?f=8&t=2398 , and this thread started in 2011
    Ok, that makes sense. In my mind Maverick was defined as a GW Zenith deck, and I'd only heard of GW vial decks being developed as improvements to D&T in 2011.

Edit - Green & Taxes from what I remember - http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=37574

Jun 2011
    Russia, SPb

Quote Originally Posted by M@verick View Post
    Lot of thanks guys!

I am really sorry buy I won't do a report. Too many rounds and i can't remember all.
    that's no good .
    Could you please write your thoughts on how you came to this list and what meta were you preparing for? What was your plan vs Jund and how did you sideboard against it? Why 4! oblivion rings and 2 rest in peace in sb when you already have surgicals? Why only 3 kotr?
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post

Gotta love google translate

http://screencast.com/t/ffjCP1S3v

regards to maverick for the result, but swap zenith for vial is madness and isn't maverick for me.
    anyway has anyone tried voice of resurgence?

Could you please write your thoughts on how you came to this list and what meta were you preparing for? What was your plan vs Jund and how did you sideboard against it? Why 4! oblivion rings and 2 rest in peace in sb when you already have surgicals? Why only 3 kotr?
    The list works fine in a high % of the meta. I went to 4 oblivion rings side not only becuase show and tell decks, where they shine. I use them as extra removal siding out thalias and gaddocks against mirror and tribal decks. Rings are also very good against decks like mud and blade/miracle, where replace stp.

Knights are incredible, but not as good as they were before deathrite shaman.

And Jund... the pairing was very hard at begining, and I decided to include in main deck sylvan safekeeper, which improved the MU a bit (having together safekeper plus kinght is strong). But it wasnt enough, and decided to add some rips on SB. However, the MU is still difficult and is always a hard fight. Main problem: engineered plague.
    I usually side out 2 gaddocks, 1 vial and 1 scryb ranger. 2 rips are necesary, and 2 or 3 rings are also needed, because is an aditional removal and the only out against plague.

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by M@verick View Post
    The list works fine in a high % of the meta. I went to 4 oblivion rings side not only becuase show and tell decks, where they shine. I use them as extra removal siding out thalias and gaddocks against mirror and tribal decks. Rings are also very good against decks like mud and blade/miracle, where replace stp.

Knights are incredible, but not as good as they were before deathrite shaman.

And Jund... the pairing was very hard at begining, and I decided to include in main deck sylvan safekeeper, which improved the MU a bit (having together safekeper plus kinght is strong). But it wasnt enough, and decided to add some rips on SB. However, the MU is still difficult and is always a hard fight. Main problem: engineered plague.
    I usually side out 2 gaddocks, 1 vial and 1 scryb ranger. 2 rips are necesary, and 2 or 3 rings are also needed, because is an aditional removal and the only out against plague.
    I think this is why us Green Sun's Zenithians have been incorporating Sigarda, although I don't think she would be effective in your version (not tutorable).

Cheez
    Nov 2011
    Rockville, MD

I think Aether Vial in this deck is insane. Like it's cousin, death and Taxes, to have the ability to sneak in critters at different points in the game to create whatever effect is so probable for winning. I still run 1 Green Sun Zenith in my list, but to play an eot Knight of R or to sneak him to block a creature, which the creature dies if blocked, I think it's awesome.

Has anyone consider the Mangara of Corondor in this deck with Scryb Ranger? Exile two permanents instead of one on the stack with Ranger and still return to hand with Karakas? It's brilliant.

Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dcosiem View Post
    I think Aether Vial in this deck is insane. Like it's cousin, death and Taxes, to have the ability to sneak in critters at different points in the game to create whatever effect is so probable for winning. I still run 1 Green Sun Zenith in my list, but to play an eot Knight of R or to sneak him to block a creature, which the creature dies if blocked, I think it's awesome.

Has anyone consider the Mangara of Corondor in this deck with Scryb Ranger? Exile two permanents instead of one on the stack with Ranger and still return to hand with Karakas? It's brilliant.
    Whoa, that is an awesome synergy!

Quote Originally Posted by dcosiem View Post

The hard part is getting to the point where the Mangara is not-summoning-sick. Paying 3 mana for a 1/1 while still leaving Karakas up doesn't leave you a lot of room to do anything else. I imagine it's a lot easier when you have access to AEther Vials, but the one time I tried playing Death & Taxes it was still a lot clunkier than I'd been led to expect.

I do wish there were a way to abuse Flickerwisp in GW Maverick. Card is insane.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TiltingKitty View Post
    The hard part is getting to the point where the Mangara is not-summoning-sick. Paying 3 mana for a 1/1 while still leaving Karakas up doesn't leave you a lot of room to do anything else. I imagine it's a lot easier when you have access to AEther Vials, but the one time I tried playing Death & Taxes it was still a lot clunkier than I'd been led to expect.

I do wish there were a way to abuse Flickerwisp in GW Maverick. Card is insane.
    You could run more ETB effects like E Witness and stuff. I feel like you could build towards it, but I think in the end, Scryb Ranger is a better FLicker Wisp (In the sense of getting more triggers) in this deck.

Shine On
    Oct 2009
    Canada

Vials are amazing, I've been running them for a while now and its been really positive. Wayfarers are also really useful. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

My post from a few months ago:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post691321

The best part is, people get confused when you play mana dorks AND Vial; they often have no idea what to expect.

Mangaras were interesting, too, but definitely a bit clunky, even with Vial; I often want to keep a vial on 2 over moving it to 3 in this list, mostly because of Karakas + Thalia & Teeg.

Don't forget that Safekeeper can set up a huge Knight for the kill.

'Grats on the Finish M@verick!

Mar 2009

I wonder if anyone has tried experimenting with a GWr/GWb/GWu vial build.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShine View Post
    The best part is, people get confused when you play mana dorks AND Vial; they often have no idea what to expect.
    Between mana dorks, Vials, miscellaneous 1/1s and no Zenith, do you ever wind up not drawing enough ways to actually kill them? (Is that the primary reason for the Sword package?)

Thread Information