Page 217 of 428 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Jul 2013
    Orlando fl

Re: [DTB] GW/x Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Some observations made today regarding MotWH in completely unrelated match-ups:

- 5 mana is already a stretch to reach. 6 mana for Sigarda seems unrealistic in a reasonable time frame.

- He blows against decks packing Bolts - but that was kinda expected.
    what deck was it?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by AlbyLegacy View Post
    what deck was it?
    Various decks without significance, e.g. UR Landstill.

Various decks without significance, e.g. UR Landstill.
    Kind of unrelated, but I assume you met xxShockWavexx, right?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Artlee View Post
    Kind of unrelated, but I assume you met xxShockWavexx, right?
    IIrc, I don' think it was him.

My general observation so far is that he's a very expensive lightning rod against any decks that packs targeted removal which can kill him. And that would the most decks in the format.

I'm not sure if Thrun would be overall a better solution since he still dies like a bitch to Liliana. Has anybody plastesting data regarding him?

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

IIrc, I don' think it was him.

My general observation so far is that he's a very expensive lightning rod against any decks that packs targeted removal which can kill him. And that would the most decks in the format.

I'm not sure if Thrun would be overall a better solution since he still dies like a bitch to Liliana. Has anybody plastesting data regarding him?
    Thrun is great in the sideboard. Vs control decks you can put him in in place of stp and vs aggro you can replace a thalia/teeg with him. When it comes to liliana, if they are ticking up and your board is clear you have probably lost that game anyways. Mirran crusaders are good vs any deck running her.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

By himself thrun dies to Lily, but you usually have more than one creature on the board, and if nothing else, surprise,dryad arbor off of a fetch land, saves Lily
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    Thrun is great in the sideboard. Vs control decks you can put him in in place of stp and vs aggro you can replace a thalia/teeg with him. When it comes to liliana, if they are ticking up and your board is clear you have probably lost that game anyways. Mirran crusaders are good vs any deck running her.
    Yes, Mirran Crusaders are great, especially because they're immune to AD and can punch through BUG's entire creature base (among other things), but at least for the 3-colored version, seems harsh and he competes with KotR for the 3cc slot without being tutorable or having land search utility.

I have been using 2x mirran crusaders mb in my GW build and it wins me games almost immediately. My meta is more BGx. I replaced my 2x Aven Mindcensor for it.

Also, since my Meta is BGx and a bit of rug/patriot, i also have loxodon smiters sb. All in all, smiters are threats not to be taken lightly.

I have also been testing out imposing sovereign as sb against sneak show and elves. I'm still trying it out. Will post more data after a few weeks.

I fail to see how Imposing Sovereign actually helps the Sneak Show matchup, as opposed to more general-purpose cards like O-Ring. What are the odds that you can actually kill them during that 1-turn delay?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TiltingKitty View Post
    I fail to see how Imposing Sovereign actually helps the Sneak Show matchup, as opposed to more general-purpose cards like O-Ring. What are the odds that you can actually kill them during that 1-turn delay?
    Can't they just sneak it in at the end of your turn, untap and still ruin you on their turn?

Mirran Crusaders sound like fun in a GW build with Hierarchs/Pridemages for lots of exalted triggers.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Can't they just sneak it in at the end of your turn, untap and still ruin you on their turn?

Mirran Crusaders sound like fun in a GW build with Hierarchs/Pridemages for lots of exalted triggers.
    Or even just Jitte/SoLS equipped. That's a lot of triggers that kill your opponent.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Or even just Jitte/SoLS equipped. That's a lot of triggers that kill your opponent.
    I think you're talking about SoFA. Interestingly enough, SoWaP doesn't only make him removal-proof against about just anything minus JMS, he also instagibs opponents with 6 or more cards in hand (less cards when they have less life).

Elspeth makes him an evasive two turn clock as well.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

To be fair a decently sized knight is probably just better in most cases than crusader. Though running crusader does make RIP a bit better out of the board
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

I think you're talking about SoFA. Interestingly enough, SoWaP doesn't only make him removal-proof against about just anything minus JMS, he also instagibs opponents with 6 or more cards in hand (less cards when they have less life).

Elspeth makes him an evasive two turn clock as well.
    Any sword helps really. Jitte does make him lethal after one swing: Deal 2 (2 counters, pump?) Deal 6. Next turn, deal 6, then 10. The +2/+2 bonus is often good enough, as it's going to deal 8 damage each turn with a non-marginal benefit.
    West side
    My Legacy stream

Mirran Crusader is certifiably a boss. The problem is the 1WW, which is like the worst mana cost ever (though at least he can't be Decay'd).

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    To be fair a decently sized knight is probably just better in most cases than crusader. Though running crusader does make RIP a bit better out of the board
    Enemy DRS that are active are a far bigger issue for KotR than running RiP.

Any thoughts about Mirran Crusader in GWb aka Dark Maverick? Is it worth or is it just too hard to cast him (even with Cavern of Souls)?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Ayiluss View Post
    Any thoughts about Mirran Crusader in GWb aka Dark Maverick? Is it worth or is it just too hard to cast him (even with Cavern of Souls)?
    Ideally the manabase is built to be able to cast him; and fetching should be done to maximize your options. It doesn't seem like a stretch to accommodate Mirran Crusader even in GWb builds.
    West side
    My Legacy stream

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ayiluss View Post
    I agree with Koby.

The manabase can be build to cast him. It's rather a issue what to sacrifice space for since the 3cc slot is getting crowded. KotR has utility, is easier to cast and a pretty decent MD counter to S&T Emrakul because he can just fetch Karakas and laugh at their misery.

A straight GW build probably has more ways to synergize with him (more exalted creatures, etc) as well than Dark Maverick. But it all is really build-dependant.

Maybe I'll try to brew something.

Edit: Here's a rather unpolished list. Most likely needs to cut some corners to make some room for Thalias to get at least some MD disruption going (since it's mostly the list I'm using minus discard and slight modifications).

4 Windswept Heath
    3 Savannah
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Karakas
    1 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Scrubland
    2 Bayou
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Maze of Ith

4 Mother of Runes
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Scryb Ranger
    3 Knight of the Reliquary
    3 Mirran Crusader

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of War and Peace

SB: 1 Oblivion Ring
    SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 2 Enlightened Tutor
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Umezawa's Jitte
    SB: 1 Engineered Plague
    SB: 1 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 2 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    SB: 1 Sword of Feast and Famine

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by TiltingKitty View Post
    Sneak makes them sac it at end of turn, so even if they sneak it in at the end of their turn, they still have to sac at the end of your turn.

Thread Information