Page 328 of 428 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by powerhawk View Post
    What do you run banishing light for? Why not pithing needle?
    I run banishing light as the primary show and tell answer but bring it in when they don't have great removal for it like eldrazi.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    I run banishing light as the primary show and tell answer but bring it in when they don't have great removal for it like eldrazi.
    Hey Neeley what do you think of Armageddon?

Question extends to everybody in this thread as well :)

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    Hey Neeley what do you think of Armageddon?

Question extends to everybody in this thread as well :)
    I ran a 1 of Armageddon for a long time in the sideboard mostly for miracles. At tournaments I seemed to only play miracles only 1 time in 7 or 8 rounds. So I switched to a second choke, as a more catch all card. I've recently thought about adding it back for matches like esper and cloudpost I've been seeing a lot on mtgo.

Apr 2016
    Italy

NEELEY with the SB you played at last SCG you see problems vs reanimator decks?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNight View Post
    NEELEY with the SB you played at last SCG you see problems vs reanimator decks?
    i think the match up is fine we play deathrite and ooze to negate graveyards. After board we get a full set of thoughtseize. Look, we are choosing to play a G/W/b deck and can't really interact until turn 2 and sometimes turn 3 and I'm fine with that, we are going to lose to storm and other combo decks that are just to fast with their good hands. I think adding containment priest is a fine move, but I expect more storm than reanimator and that's why I choose to play a "weaker graveyard sb".

Apr 2016
    Italy

but I expect more storm than reanimator and that's why I choose to play a "weaker graveyard sb".
    i understand, i think is a good choice in a meta without tons of dredge and reanimator decks.

Guys i tested vs eldrazi and this deck can be a real problem

Can anyone suggest me some silver bullet vs this MU?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

From what I've seen they struggle with batterskull. Adding another stone forge and playing batterskull main probably would help
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Apr 2016
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    From what I've seen they struggle with batterskull. Adding another stone forge and playing batterskull main probably would help
    uhm, i think is true

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

uhm, i think is true
    I mean if you're looking for a green sun silver bullet it's either goyf or Glissa. First Strike, Deathtouch is tough to attack through
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I also think adding another stoneforge and batterskull will improve the eldrazi match. I chose to play aggro loam at the last second for the classic in Columbus and knight is the best threat vs them. I beat eldrazi to lock up a top 8 finish because of knight.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

I also think adding another stoneforge and batterskull will improve the eldrazi match. I chose to play aggro loam at the last second for the classic in Columbus and knight is the best threat vs them. I beat eldrazi to lock up a top 8 finish because of knight.
    Seconded. If we need to go more mid-range than Stoneblade tactics are pretty good. It just really sucks vs Blue tempo :\
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Apr 2016
    Italy

NEELEY usually i use your list for my local tournaments. What can i cut for add 1 stoneforge and 1 batterskull? In my local meta now i see some delver decks, some D&t, eldrazi and some combo (show, tendrils, elves). I dont see so much control decks.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Alternatively the tap ability of Thornscape apprentice buys time against them without triggering Haste rapist eldrazi

NEELEY usually i use your list for my local tournaments. What can i cut for add 1 stoneforge and 1 batterskull? In my local meta now i see some delver decks, some D&t, eldrazi and some combo (show, tendrils, elves). I dont see so much control decks.
    Light and shadow and pridemage? That's where I would start and see how it works.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Knights are a real problem for Eldrazi since they're huge roadblacks and continously attack the mana.

Stoneforge? That only works against the Colorless builds. Otherwise, I jam down a Displacer and laugh at your misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Knights are a real problem for Eldrazi since they're huge roadblacks and continously attack the mana.

Stoneforge? That only works against the Colorless builds. Otherwise, I jam down a Displacer and laugh at your misery.
    Ya I have only played against the colorless version, that's the list that seems to put up the better finishes

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Ya I have only played against the colorless version, that's the list that seems to put up the better finishes
    OHHHHHHHHHH BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

Barook Gettin' Served!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    OHHHHHHHHHH BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

Barook Gettin' Served!
    Considering my latest list is 23-2 in competitive matches (aka 92% wins) so far and took down the April Legacy Challenge on MTGO, I think I can live with people not preparing for it.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Considering my latest list is 23-2 in competitive matches (aka 92% wins) so far and took down the April Legacy Challenge on MTGO, I think I can live with people not preparing for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Congrats! Sorry if it sounded like I was putting you down, I wasn't, I was just stating that I haven't played against that version. I got crushed in the challenge by belcher and nic fit😜

Thread Information