Page 114 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Jul 2010
    Plano, Texas

Re: [DTB] GW/x Maverick

Ethersworn Canonist, Batterskull, Jitte, and Linvala are all good for Elves.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

I added some Chapters in Primer and update some builds and strategies.

In not so long future I'm planing to clean the Primer to little shorter and more compact since its 20 pages long - little book ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzra View Post
    Isn't Linvala too slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Artlee View Post
    Isn't Linvala too slow?
    Yes and No. By itself it is too slow, but with acceleration or some minor disruption she locks out the Elf deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Artlee View Post
    Isn't Linvala too slow?
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
    There is no knowledge that it not power.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by mordraid View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
    I think the idea is to land a Canonist and swords their guys until you can get Linvala in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Wouldnt livala be too slow against combo elves? They go off on turn 3 most of time

Apr 2011
    Cincy, OH

Played in a small tournament today and went 3-0-1 with my matches being Mono Blue Dreadnaught (2-0), High Tide (2-0), and Rg Goblins (2-1). The last round my opponent (UW Sword Fish) and I ID'd and split the prize as it was getting pretty late. I never really got to test the Loyal Retainers out, but essentially it could have been really good against High Tide and Goblins. I'm going to test it out more before I come to a conclusion on whether it belongs in the deck or not.

played in a >10 participants in our local shop and went 3-2 first time playing this deck with the inclusion of thalia along side sfm package

R1 vs MBC: win 2-0
    R2 vs white stax: thalia ftw 2-0
    R3 vs rug: 1-2 mana screw at game 3
    R4 vs gobs: 1-2 seems the deck goes slow this time and i dont know why
    R5 vs dredge: 2-1

still i need to play more

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dzra View Post
    I would agree with all of these except Batterskull. They don't really care about that card, in my opinion.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I am assuming it was a mistype. Batterskull's probably the first card that should come out against Elves.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

I played yesterday on legacy catalan league (130 players). Played against 3 gw, 4 stoneblade, 1 threshhold.

Things to mention... 4 qasali and 2 stoneforge was great. Before I run 3-3. Sometimes stoneforge is awesome, but some others it is too slow.

I won the three mirrors. About sbding I did +2 gut shot +2 path +1 gideon +1 wave -1 stoneforge -1 sword body and mind, -3 thalia -1 gaddock.

Never drawn gideon, draw once wave (I didn't need it). But mana is even tighter than I imagined, so I don't think I try again gideon. Wave maybe. BUT the best card was gut shot. It won a lot of games.

In general I missed a second jitte, and probably a second planeswalker after sb.

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    I think that Mirran Crusader prefers plowing fields than slashing baddies. His vulnerability to both Bolt and StP is a big drawback.
    I was seeing your decklist and I was curious to know what you side in and out against mirror. Do you use the e-tutor kit?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by maktus View Post
    I was seeing your decklist and I was curious to know what you side in and out against mirror. Do you use the e-tutor kit?
    In my old list (which is now outdated - I've switched over to +Thalia -SFM), I would cut SoFI, 3 SFM, Thrun, and Teeg to bring in Maze, Bog, 2 PtE, Jitte, and O-ring/Metamorph
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

May 2007
    Canada, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    In my old list (which is now outdated - I've switched over to +Thalia -SFM), I would cut SoFI, 3 SFM, Thrun, and Teeg to bring in Maze, Bog, 2 PtE, Jitte, and O-ring/Metamorph
    With SFM gone, is the equipment package (SoFI, SoLS, Jitte) still the same? Or have you moved to 2 Jitte MD?

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

I'm almost sure you should switch to 2 x Jitte, since straight GW lists doesn't run too many removal (4 stp aren't sometimes enough), its a good direction.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I know that people in this thread are unreasonably afraid of drawing and resolving amazingly powerful permanents and having a backup copy in hand, but are these lists really so tight that people can't fit in 3x Jitte?
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

I know that people in this thread are unreasonably afraid of drawing and resolving amazingly powerful permanents and having a backup copy in hand, but are these lists really so tight that people can't fit in 3x Jitte?
    I could see a third Jitte being good, but there are honestly only a couple of flex slots in the maindeck. With many decks moving away from Stoneforge, just how necessary is Aven Mindcensor? It always feels underwhelming when I play it, and it surely would be the first thing I cut from a modern Maverick list (-SFM +Thalia, etc).

I'm also tempted to play a full four Scavenging Ooze just to overload my opponents' removal.

So maybe something like:

1x Dryad Arbor
    4x Noble Hierarch
    4x Mother of Runes
    3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3x Qasali Pridemage
    4x Scavenging Ooze
    1x Scryb Ranger
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    4x Knight of the Reliquary

4x Swords to Plowshares
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    3x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    1x Sylvan Library (or honestly, probably the second Elspeth. Lots of Artifact/Enchantment hate running around at the moment)

4x Wasteland
    4x Savannah
    4x Windswept Heath
    2x Misty Rainforest
    3x Forest
    1x Plains
    2x Horizon Canopy
    1x Gaea's Cradle
    1x Karakas
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Apr 2011
    So Cal

Going to 3 Jitte it not unreasonable. In stalemate situations the first one is going to get blown up or countered anyways and it's nice to draw a second one. If the first Jitte does stay on the board you are likely ahead. We were running 3 equipment before, so when i took out the stoneforge package I just changed the equipment to 3 Jitte. You lose some flexibility of choosing your equipment with stoenforge but I found myself usually wanting Jitte anyways so it really hasn't bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNI0R View Post
    Going to 3 Jitte it not unreasonable. In stalemate situations the first one is going to get blown up or countered anyways and it's nice to draw a second one. If the first Jitte does stay on the board you are likely ahead. We were running 3 equipment before, so when i took out the stoneforge package I just changed the equipment to 3 Jitte. You lose some flexibility of choosing your equipment with stoenforge but I found myself usually wanting Jitte anyways so it really hasn't bothered me.
    Two weeks ago I played a small tournament (10 people) with 3x thalia and 3x Jitte and was not impressed. Thalia stopped me from using Elspeth in the first game, and I missed sword of light and shadow against junk e StP.

Thread Information