Page 241 of 428 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

zealous persecutions works too

Jul 2008
    NJ USA

Quote Originally Posted by buloid View Post
    zealous persecutions works too

This card looks absolutely bananas for GP Washington DC. Strongly considering playing EsperBlade or Dark Maverick just so that I can get full value out of Zealous Persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Out aggro it? Maverick can often times present board states where it'll be disadvantageous for them to swing in with their 3/1 dude and they can't always count on it as defense when a lethal KotR is swinging w/ Mom protection.
    Exactly what I saw this week playing against an esperblade list with true name maindeck. Many situations where he would have a true name in play, but i would have a safekeeper/mom with knight or ooze/pridemage, or a mix of those, so in most of those games swinging with true name would mean taking an insane amount of damage on the backswing. So all in all, it was playing out almost the same as the old esperblade matchup, and it would become harder post side as they would side in more removal. The only thing that would tip the balance towards him was a jitte equiped on the fish, or any sort of sword. however, to make a concession to that situation, I included abrupt decay again in my 75 in order to have more ways to kill a jitte or a sword, while still having some versatility. Now, I am looking to see if I want them maindeck or if I leave them in the sideboard. If the GP ends up being as infested by TNN as BoM Paris seemed to be, then I think decay will definitely be maindecked, probably along a sword of fire and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    I can understand your astonishment - this is Most! A very wierd deck, it seems to make no sense on paper. I think it's played only in Italy and only by very few people, if not just by its creator, since it's extremely difficult to pilot. Anyway, in the hands of a good pilot it's very strong, as you can see by its results on TCDecks.

Here's a link to the Italian thread of Most on Tipo1:

http://www.tipo1.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27255
    This is an updated build of a very old deck, one that's very close to my heart. ATS - Angry Tradewind Survival, or its earlier iteration: 5CG (5 color green) or 5 Color Flagpole which evolved into RecSur - Recurring Nightmare/Survival of the Fittest. This deck relied on Survival of the Fittest fetching Squee to get a practically unlimited way to fetch the effect that you need the most when you need it.

The old build had birds to turbo out a T2 Survival of the Fittest with one G available to fetch squee on your opponent's T2. This meant that you could now go for whatever hatebear or toolbox creature you needed at that time because Squee would just return to your hand each upkeep, ready to be discarded again.

This deck now runs Fauna Shaman to cover the Survival, which admittedly is much more vulnerable, but that's why mother of runes is an autoinclude. It slowed the original engine down, but the principle is still there.

This deck now goes over the top with GSZ as an additional fetch method, and Murkfiend Liege to abuse Tradewind Rider. A typical mainphase would mean you returning an opponent's permanent with Tradewind and two of your weenies, return a forest via quirion ranger to untap Tradewind Rider, return another permanent with it. On your opponent's untap step, Murkfiend Liege triggers, untapping all your creatures, and you can proceed to return one (or two) permanents with Tradewind Rider. Take note that Tradewind returns any permanent, even planeswalkers.

It's a difficult deck to play against because it will simply Negate or FoW a spell it can't play around. If it plays a creature without haste, it's fine because Tradewind can block it or just return it. If your deck has 4cc sweepers, there's always Gaddock and Glen Elendra to defend. Got a spell that will kill the deck? Meddling Mage is there. Playing Show and Tell? There's Merieke and Peacekeeper.

Tradewind recurrs any ETB abilities that your creatures can have too. If your Glen Elendra has a persist counter, just return it and cast it as a fresh creature.

My old build gained card advantage using the Stampeeding Wildebeests (yes, the 5/4 trampler) that combo'd with Wall of Blossoms so i gained a card each turn and put the opponent on a 3-4 turn clock.

It's a fun deck to play and will surprise any opponent. The key here is to kill the Fauna Shaman, the main part of the engine.

oh i missed another interaction.

Merieke Ri Berit destroys the creature it controls once you untap it. Meaning you can gain control of any creature by tapping it, using Quirion Ranger to untap Merieke, thus destroying the first creature. Then tap again to gain control of another creature, use Scryb Ranger to untap.

Or just wait til next turn when everything gets untapped by Murkfiend :p

And yes, Merieke can gain control of Emrakul.

Quote Originally Posted by mishima_kazuya View Post
    This card looks absolutely bananas for GP Washington DC. Strongly considering playing EsperBlade or Dark Maverick just so that I can get full value out of Zealous Persecution.
    I ended 13th at BOM with a dark Mav. B was just for DRS activations (4 in the main), a decay and 2 zealous P in the board

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleptik View Post
    I ended 13th at BOM with a dark Mav. B was just for DRS activations (4 in the main), a decay and 2 zealous P in the board
    Could you share your list?

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

A tournament report would be awesome if you are willing ;) It has been a good week for maverick and these big tournaments have renewed my vigor to remain steadfast with Maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    A tournament report would be awesome if you are willing ;) It has been a good week for maverick and these big tournaments have renewed my vigor to remain steadfast with Maverick.
    I have made one but in french. No time to translate it, sorry. You could find my list here
    http://deckstats.net/decks/319/44148-maverock-bom

Oct 2013
    Michigan

I have made one but in french. No time to translate it, sorry. You could find my list here
    http://deckstats.net/decks/319/44148-maverock-bom
    Link to french report?

This is my list for DC anyone have any suggestions? I have two open slots in my board

2forest
    1 plains
    4 waste
    4 Heath
    1 cradle
    1 canopy
    1 karakas*
    4 savannah
    1 maze
    1 cavern
    1 arbor
    2 misty
    1 sylvan*
    4 stp
    4 gsz
    1 jitte
    1 batter skull*
    1 sword of F/I*
    1 elspeth
    4 noble
    4 KOTR
    4 mom
    2 ooZe
    1 scryb
    1 safekeeper
    2 sfm
    1 safekeeper*
    1 sigarda
    2 pridemage
    3 Thalia

2 oring
    2 canonist*
    2 tutor
    1 path*
    1 revoker
    1 manriki
    1 rip
    1 crypt*
    1 cage
    1 Stone silence
    2 free slots
    Maverick for life

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by buloid View Post
    This is an updated build of a very old deck, one that's very close to my heart. ATS - Angry Tradewind Survival, or its earlier iteration: 5CG (5 color green) or 5 Color Flagpole which evolved into RecSur - Recurring Nightmare/Survival of the Fittest. This deck relied on Survival of the Fittest fetching Squee to get a practically unlimited way to fetch the effect that you need the most when you need it.

The old build had birds to turbo out a T2 Survival of the Fittest with one G available to fetch squee on your opponent's T2. This meant that you could now go for whatever hatebear or toolbox creature you needed at that time because Squee would just return to your hand each upkeep, ready to be discarded again.

This deck now runs Fauna Shaman to cover the Survival, which admittedly is much more vulnerable, but that's why mother of runes is an autoinclude. It slowed the original engine down, but the principle is still there.

This deck now goes over the top with GSZ as an additional fetch method, and Murkfiend Liege to abuse Tradewind Rider. A typical mainphase would mean you returning an opponent's permanent with Tradewind and two of your weenies, return a forest via quirion ranger to untap Tradewind Rider, return another permanent with it. On your opponent's untap step, Murkfiend Liege triggers, untapping all your creatures, and you can proceed to return one (or two) permanents with Tradewind Rider. Take note that Tradewind returns any permanent, even planeswalkers.

It's a difficult deck to play against because it will simply Negate or FoW a spell it can't play around. If it plays a creature without haste, it's fine because Tradewind can block it or just return it. If your deck has 4cc sweepers, there's always Gaddock and Glen Elendra to defend. Got a spell that will kill the deck? Meddling Mage is there. Playing Show and Tell? There's Merieke and Peacekeeper.

Tradewind recurrs any ETB abilities that your creatures can have too. If your Glen Elendra has a persist counter, just return it and cast it as a fresh creature.

My old build gained card advantage using the Stampeeding Wildebeests (yes, the 5/4 trampler) that combo'd with Wall of Blossoms so i gained a card each turn and put the opponent on a 3-4 turn clock.

It's a fun deck to play and will surprise any opponent. The key here is to kill the Fauna Shaman, the main part of the engine.
    This deck sounds hilariously fun. 15 lands seems nuts, but I guess you have 8 mana dorks. It also seems like Prophet of Kruphix might be slightly better than Murkfiend with all the ETB effects available. Damnit now you've got me all interested and I'm trying not to spend money on cards right now!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamonds View Post
    This is my list for DC anyone have any suggestions? I have two open slots in my board

*List*
    I'm liking the looks of this list, the 4 Mom + Safekeeper is where you want to be right now I think if you're on a Stoneforge package.
    Sideboard seems solid, I might run another Path to Exile. I'd be curious to know what your sideboard plan is regarding Stony Silence and Manriki-Gusari.

Stony Silence is a personal favorite of mine against petal/mox/led based combo decks.
    Manriki-Gusari is sweet against Stoneblade and D&T, but do you also bring in Stony Silence and/or Enlightened Tutor for either matchup?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post
    I'm liking the looks of this list, the 4 Mom + Safekeeper is where you want to be right now I think if you're on a Stoneforge package.
    Sideboard seems solid, I might run another Path to Exile. I'd be curious to know what your sideboard plan is regarding Stony Silence and Manriki-Gusari.

Stony Silence is a personal favorite of mine against petal/mox/led based combo decks.
    Manriki-Gusari is sweet against Stoneblade and D&T, but do you also bring in Stony Silence and/or Enlightened Tutor for either matchup?
    I would rather play Tower of the Magistrate than Manriki-Gusari. It being another mana source is helpful against Tempo decks (and particularly UWR Delver) while still nixing equipment strategies. Bonus points for being fetchable via KotR via GSZ (or Crop Rotation); and for being useful against Affinity or MUD.

I too favor the Path to Exile in the sideboard as additional spot removal. I would also supplement it with Zealous Persecution against D&T, Elves, and Goblins for decks utilizing black mana splashes.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post

Vs dnt I bring in revoker over Stoney because I just want to name vial n manriki vs the equipment. Stoney vs artifact mana decks n obvi artifact decks. I need another slot any idea on maybe a single geddon?
    Maverick for life

Between my open SB slots I was thinking lay line of sanctity, ghostly prison, dueling grounds, dragon claw,armageddon,thrinasphere,Aven mind censor,mindbreak trap, harmonic sliver, Garruck relentless. Never tested but master of the wild hunt.
    Maverick for life

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Master of the Wild Hunt is pretty great against BUG Shardless since they struggle to remove it. It's pretty shitty against anything running Bolts, though.

What's our plan to deal with True-Name Nemesis? SFM + SoFaI like the D&T guys are planning to do?

Why aren't we running Mirran Crusader, though? He's part of the reason why D&T performs way better against BUG Shardless than we do. In a GW build with lots of Exalted triggers, Elspeth and equipment, he should be an excellent threat. We can run a split with KotR (which can be still tutored for via GSZ) - while she has great utility factor, she isn't that hot as a beater if your opponent has DRS or RIP.

I'm currently toying with the idea of making such a GW build. Maybe I'm even trying out Mayor of Avabruck - a GSZ-able Human Lord that can shit out 3/3 tokens when transformed. If I do that, I'm also going to throw in Garruk Relentless and Master of the Wild Hunt for added shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Luklinda View Post
    Link to french report?
    First day here: http://www.legacy-france.org/index.p...c=11126&st=165 on the middle of the page, second day some pages later.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamonds View Post
    This is my list for DC anyone have any suggestions?
    i will never attend a tournament with Maverick and no Choke in the board. Won me three games alone at the BOM.

Thread Information