Page 328 of 428 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

  1. #6541

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by powerhawk View Post
    What do you run banishing light for? Why not pithing needle?
    I run banishing light as the primary show and tell answer but bring it in when they don't have great removal for it like eldrazi.

  2. #6542
    Member
    owerbart's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2014
    Location

    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts

    267

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    I run banishing light as the primary show and tell answer but bring it in when they don't have great removal for it like eldrazi.
    Hey Neeley what do you think of Armageddon?

    Question extends to everybody in this thread as well :)

  3. #6543

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    Hey Neeley what do you think of Armageddon?

    Question extends to everybody in this thread as well :)
    I ran a 1 of Armageddon for a long time in the sideboard mostly for miracles. At tournaments I seemed to only play miracles only 1 time in 7 or 8 rounds. So I switched to a second choke, as a more catch all card. I've recently thought about adding it back for matches like esper and cloudpost I've been seeing a lot on mtgo.

  4. #6544
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2016
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    0

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    NEELEY with the SB you played at last SCG you see problems vs reanimator decks?

  5. #6545

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNight View Post
    NEELEY with the SB you played at last SCG you see problems vs reanimator decks?
    i think the match up is fine we play deathrite and ooze to negate graveyards. After board we get a full set of thoughtseize. Look, we are choosing to play a G/W/b deck and can't really interact until turn 2 and sometimes turn 3 and I'm fine with that, we are going to lose to storm and other combo decks that are just to fast with their good hands. I think adding containment priest is a fine move, but I expect more storm than reanimator and that's why I choose to play a "weaker graveyard sb".

  6. #6546
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2016
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    0

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    but I expect more storm than reanimator and that's why I choose to play a "weaker graveyard sb".
    i understand, i think is a good choice in a meta without tons of dredge and reanimator decks.

    Guys i tested vs eldrazi and this deck can be a real problem


    Can anyone suggest me some silver bullet vs this MU?

  7. #6547
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,558

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    From what I've seen they struggle with batterskull. Adding another stone forge and playing batterskull main probably would help
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  8. #6548
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2016
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    0

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    From what I've seen they struggle with batterskull. Adding another stone forge and playing batterskull main probably would help
    uhm, i think is true

  9. #6549
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,558

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNight View Post
    uhm, i think is true
    I mean if you're looking for a green sun silver bullet it's either goyf or Glissa. First Strike, Deathtouch is tough to attack through
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  10. #6550

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    I also think adding another stoneforge and batterskull will improve the eldrazi match. I chose to play aggro loam at the last second for the classic in Columbus and knight is the best threat vs them. I beat eldrazi to lock up a top 8 finish because of knight.

  11. #6551
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,176

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    I also think adding another stoneforge and batterskull will improve the eldrazi match. I chose to play aggro loam at the last second for the classic in Columbus and knight is the best threat vs them. I beat eldrazi to lock up a top 8 finish because of knight.
    Seconded. If we need to go more mid-range than Stoneblade tactics are pretty good. It just really sucks vs Blue tempo :\
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  12. #6552
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2016
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    0

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    I also think adding another stoneforge and batterskull will improve the eldrazi match. I chose to play aggro loam at the last second for the classic in Columbus and knight is the best threat vs them. I beat eldrazi to lock up a top 8 finish because of knight.
    NEELEY usually i use your list for my local tournaments. What can i cut for add 1 stoneforge and 1 batterskull? In my local meta now i see some delver decks, some D&t, eldrazi and some combo (show, tendrils, elves). I dont see so much control decks.

  13. #6553
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,558

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Alternatively the tap ability of Thornscape apprentice buys time against them without triggering Haste rapist eldrazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  14. #6554

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNight View Post
    NEELEY usually i use your list for my local tournaments. What can i cut for add 1 stoneforge and 1 batterskull? In my local meta now i see some delver decks, some D&t, eldrazi and some combo (show, tendrils, elves). I dont see so much control decks.
    Light and shadow and pridemage? That's where I would start and see how it works.

  15. #6555
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,783

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    I also think adding another stoneforge and batterskull will improve the eldrazi match. I chose to play aggro loam at the last second for the classic in Columbus and knight is the best threat vs them. I beat eldrazi to lock up a top 8 finish because of knight.
    Knights are a real problem for Eldrazi since they're huge roadblacks and continously attack the mana.

    Stoneforge? That only works against the Colorless builds. Otherwise, I jam down a Displacer and laugh at your misery.

  16. #6556

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Knights are a real problem for Eldrazi since they're huge roadblacks and continously attack the mana.

    Stoneforge? That only works against the Colorless builds. Otherwise, I jam down a Displacer and laugh at your misery.
    Ya I have only played against the colorless version, that's the list that seems to put up the better finishes

  17. #6557
    Is Cancer

    Join Date

    Jul 2014
    Posts

    1,145

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    Ya I have only played against the colorless version, that's the list that seems to put up the better finishes
    OHHHHHHHHHH BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

    Barook Gettin' Served!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.
    Kudelski Group Tanagra

  18. #6558
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,783

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    OHHHHHHHHHH BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

    Barook Gettin' Served!
    Considering my latest list is 23-2 in competitive matches (aka 92% wins) so far and took down the April Legacy Challenge on MTGO, I think I can live with people not preparing for it.

  19. #6559
    Is Cancer

    Join Date

    Jul 2014
    Posts

    1,145

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Considering my latest list is 23-2 in competitive matches (aka 92% wins) so far and took down the April Legacy Challenge on MTGO, I think I can live with people not preparing for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.
    Kudelski Group Tanagra

  20. #6560

    Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Considering my latest list is 23-2 in competitive matches (aka 92% wins) so far and took down the April Legacy Challenge on MTGO, I think I can live with people not preparing for it.
    Congrats! Sorry if it sounded like I was putting you down, I wasn't, I was just stating that I haven't played against that version. I got crushed in the challenge by belcher and nic fit😜

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)