Page 420 of 428 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaguard100 View Post
    Or scryb ranger if you arent already running him. Second pridemage is better than revoker. You cant tutor for revoker, and he doesnt have an activated ability so not super relavent
    Already running Scryb Ranger (it's very good, bring a lot of value). I don't run second pridemage since I can bring it back with Railler, and watchdog isn't best creature in some matchups.

The main reason for only 1 is we can still only play 1 land a turn. He is a zenithable target for when having another knight doesnt advance your board state, but locking them out of more lands, drawing extra cards. Buying back cradle/ karakas is more relavent. Everytime my excavator died he already did his job and getting another one was not necessary
    That is the point. It bring instant value, even if dies. Having more then one can be abyssal if you met graveyard hate, diversity and agility is a goal. If opponent side graveyard hate he wouldn't have enough removal/artifact removal to deal with other threads. 1-of is enough, drawing second one wouldn't bring any value on boardstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    Already running Scryb Ranger (it's very good, bring a lot of value). I don't run second pridemage since I can bring it back with Railler, and watchdog isn't best creature in some matchups.

That is the point. It bring instant value, even if dies. Having more then one can be abyssal if you met graveyard hate, diversity and agility is a goal. If opponent side graveyard hate he wouldn't have enough removal/artifact removal to deal with other threads. 1-of is enough, drawing second one wouldn't bring any value on boardstate.
    On Pridemage: Exalted is more than just watchwolf; the reason Pridemage is often the only silver bullet in multiples in the maindeck for many lists comes from the fact that it has many uses outside of disenchant. Even the fact that it can give you more ways to trigger revolt is an interesting plus. But I also get your point about wanting to maximize your rallier to give it relevance--hence why I also suggested Phyrexian Revoker, who does multiple things that Pridemage doesn't do and even provide colorless damage in Mom wars.

On Excavator: Much agreed with you on that--but I just wanted to clarify that sometimes having 2x copies in the 75 (1 main 1 side) is something I have been very fond of for my silver bullets that are especially powerful or useful (usually Scooze or Teeg), but I usually save those slots for silver bullets that are essential for some matchups that I often need to recast due to removal brought it for the cards. Albeit--I just don't see Excavator holding that same level of criticalness as say a 2nd Teeg vs storm.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Quote Originally Posted by TMagpie View Post
    On Pridemage: Exalted is more than just watchwolf; the reason Pridemage is often the only silver bullet in multiples in the maindeck for many lists comes from the fact that it has many uses outside of disenchant. Even the fact that it can give you more ways to trigger revolt is an interesting plus. But I also get your point about wanting to maximize your rallier to give it relevance--hence why I also suggested Phyrexian Revoker, who does multiple things that Pridemage doesn't do and even provide colorless damage in Mom wars.

On Excavator: Much agreed with you on that--but I just wanted to clarify that sometimes having 2x copies in the 75 (1 main 1 side) is something I have been very fond of for my silver bullets that are especially powerful or useful (usually Scooze or Teeg), but I usually save those slots for silver bullets that are essential for some matchups that I often need to recast due to removal brought it for the cards. Albeit--I just don't see Excavator holding that same level of criticalness as say a 2nd Teeg vs storm.
    You probably right about 2nd Excavator since it almost always bring value due to picking up fetchland or any other lands. More then 100 games are needed to prove it, does the proper count number is 1 or 2 MD.

Interesting list: http://www.thrabenuniversity.com/?p=1179 looks like someone overextend the Ramunap value :-).

hence why I also suggested Phyrexian Revoker, who does multiple things that Pridemage doesn't do and even provide colorless damage in Mom wars.
    Just imagine what we could do if there was a green revoker !!! I'm just daydreaming at work but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Qc View Post
    Just imagine what we could do if there was a green revoker !!! I'm just daydreaming at work but still....
    They will eventually make more super utility creatures for us to use. Its just a matter of time. Gsz becomes exponentially better as new sets come out

They will eventually make more super utility creatures for us to use. Its just a matter of time. Gsz becomes exponentially better as new sets come out
    That's why I love toolbox decks so much. All my decks (aggro, combo and control) are of that kind.

Still waiting for a green Serra Avenger

Still waiting for a green Serra Avenger
    Heh, this is probably never happening as flying shall always be our weak spot. Best we could hope for is a 3/3 Lifelink and/or Trample ...

3/3 Reach...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hate to say this but Reach isn't cool enough to play with us. There I'm the bad guy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    3/3 Reach...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    3/3, for 2 green with vigalance, trample, and pro blue. Now we are talking a creature with no activated abilities that maverick could run

3/3, for 2 green with vigalance, trample, and pro blue. Now we are talking a creature with no activated abilities that maverick could run
    Still much worse than Leovold :P

Still much worse than Leovold :P
    I am fairly meh on the whole Leavold discussion.

Played in a deul for duals event. Went 3-1-1, split top for and got a bunch of goodies with store credit. Overall was a good experiance even though i had some pretty tough matchups. Played grixis tezzerator, infect, charbelcher, and eldrazi tron. Only lost to infect because turn 2/3 kill with hexproof/ countermagic is not something i can beat. Excavator was crucial in wasteland locking the eldazi and tezzerator player, though ghost quarter did not seem as relavent. Im probably going to cut it for another basic. Other than that im pretty happy with my list. This is what i ran

4 deathrite shaman
    4 mother of runes
    1 birds of paradise
    4 thalia
    2 stoneforge mystic
    1 gaddoc teeg
    1 qasali pridemage
    1 scryb ranger
    1 scavenging ooze
    1 renegade rallier
    1 ramunap excavator
    4 knight of the reliquary
    1 sigarda

4 gsz
    4 swords
    1 library
    1 sofi
    1 jitte

4 windswept
    3 verdant
    2 bayou
    2 savannah
    1 scrubland
    1 forest
    1 plains
    4 wasteland
    1 ghost quarter
    1 karakas
    1 horizon canopy
    1 dryad arbor
    1 gaeas cradle

Sideboard

2 ethersworn canonist
    1 sanctum prelate
    1 reclamation sage
    2 thoughtseize
    2 surgical extraction
    1 blessed alliance
    2 zealous persecution
    1 pithing needle
    1 garruk relentless
    1 choke
    1 engineered plague

I am fairly meh on the whole Leavold discussion.
    Do you not like him? I don't think he's great in maverick since we're choked on 3 drops but in general it's one hell of a card.

If I did play him tho it would have to be in the sideboard most likely.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Has anyone tried out the new Mirri? I need to pick one up, but I think it's a very solid SB Silver bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

We discussed it earlier but I think the general consensus is she's bad.

Even if you like her abilities (which I do not), you need her to attack to prevent creatures from attacking you so she's slow to "activate".

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

We discussed it earlier but I think the general consensus is she's bad.

Even if you like her abilities (which I do not), you need her to attack to prevent creatures from attacking you so she's slow to "activate".
    This is true. The earlier you get her online, the better she is, but that requires running more copies of her which probably isn't that good. All in all probably just another decent 3 drop where the options feel almost limitless at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Lands (23)

2 Savannah
    2 Bayou
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    1 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Karakas
    1 Gaeas Cradle
    1 Horizon Canopy
    4 Wasteland
    1 Dryad Arbor

Creatures (25)

4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Noble Hierarch
    3 Mother of Runes
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Scryb Ranger
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    1 Ramunap Excavator

Spells (12)

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Green Suns Zenith
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawas Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sylvan Library

Sideboard(15)

2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Containment Priest
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Diabolic Edict

I played in a win a dual over the weekend and walked away with a Bayou after losing in the finals to Eldrazi . The deck felt great and was super consistent, I was between playing Bant Stoneblade and Maverick and the deck didn’t let me down. MVP for the day was Scryb Ranger, that card is nuts in this deck. So many people missed tricks with it.

Only changes to the “stock” list was trying a 1 of Crucible Snake and took out one Mom for a Safekeeper, since it plays nicely with the Snake, and it’s always nice to have another gsz target. The Snake was always good, never great, I was always gszing for a Knight before the snake though. Only comment on it was that I always felt like I should be playing it on T4 so I could get immediate value from it. Not sure that the safekeeper is better than the 4th Mom, didn't get to play with him much.

Matchups were:
    R1 UWR Landstill (2-0), R2 Burn(1-2), R3 UWR Landstill(2-0), R4 Grixis Delver(2-1), R5 Jund(ID).

Top 8 - D&T (2-1), Semis - RG Lands (2-1), Finals - Eldrazi (0-2)

Do you not like him? I don't think he's great in maverick since we're choked on 3 drops but in general it's one hell of a card.

If I did play him tho it would have to be in the sideboard most likely.
    With so many Zenith targets at the 3cc slot it feels difficult to justify adding a 4th color for a mere value card.

Thread Information