Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SCD] Myr Superion

[SCD] Myr Superion

Myr Superion 2

Artifact Creature - Myr
    Spend only mana produced by creatures to cast Myr Superion.
    5/6

anyone out there who thinks this guy could see some play?

maybe a metalworker list or something with vial seems to want this guy, any ideas?

The one and only Incurable Ham
    Apr 2010
    Columbus, OH

Re: [SCD] Myr Superion

He could possibly see play in a vial aggro deck, but i doubt it. With goyfs, that's 8 possible 5/6's for two mana in a deck, but it sucks that you absolutely need vial out to play this guy

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

It only looks like it costs 2. It actually costs somewhere in the realm of 4-5 mana, and running a shitty deck. Really it's pretty much strictly better to Noble Hierarch out a Leatherback Baloth, and that card doesn't see play.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Isn't there already a thread about this in the same section? I remember posting something about it before. it was some sort of meh answer anyway.

Order of the Ebon Hand gets there...pro Swords...take 2...
    Jun 2008
    Iowa

I can see someone packing Noble Hierarch, Dryad Arbor, Birds of Paradise and Aether Vial trying to fit this guy in there. Seems interesting at least.
    End of turn...Morphling

Quote Originally Posted by AriLax View Post
    Brainstorm is only useful in certain situations? Brainstorm is useful when you hand is not the stone cold nutter butter blade Ranchington Q. Farnsworth Esquire best. When Brainstorm is "dead", the game is already over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    I heard Bryant Cook once set fire to his opponent's face for playing a Rule of Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    It's impressive the amount of effort you put into telling a story that actually makes you look much worse than the idiot.
    Team OMRIAIGTWYFEWARTCAE

Can you cast him off the spirit guides?

With Aether Vial this guy is like... basically Tarmagoyf without a conditional means of growing, no? Joraga Treespeaker could play him turn 2, Aether Vial and every other mana creature turn 3. There's also like, a near infinite possibilities to cheat him into play via: Transmute Artifact (the text is awful but, basically it's like Tinker except you need to pay the difference, if you sac a 2cc arti, you can cheat him into play turn ~2-3).

I can see some nifty things being done with it, perhaps throwing it into some elf deck, they generate a lot of mana as it stands anyways.

Very easily playable via Heritage Druids on turn 2 (with mana to spare!). Also works well with creatures that have some sort of: pay 1 color mana, produce another color mana, fixer abilities.

Oct 2009
    altered states of america

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    It only looks like it costs 2. It actually costs somewhere in the realm of 4-5 mana, and running a shitty deck. Really it's pretty much strictly better to Noble Hierarch out a Leatherback Baloth, and that card doesn't see play.
    that's a pretty dumb analysis. Leatherback baloth is definitely a better creature, but is all green and sorta sucks comparitively with vial. But I agree, you may as well run serra avenger in place of it.
    I will make use of every tool that fate presents.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

This card just sucks. Why play a shatterable Goyf that require your deck to be horrible to be played?

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

I'm so going to rock that card in my Imperial Recruiter=>Painter's Servant=>Green Sun's Zenith=>Myr Superion deck
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

With Aether Vial this guy is like... basically Tarmagoyf without a conditional means of growing, no?
    Seems like he's also a 'goyf without a conditional means of shrinkage. I guess the frequency of planeswalkers and tribal in the graveyard that you see is only going to go up, but I'd expect Myr Superion to be bigger most of the time.

Unearth and Stir the Grave also work, though there are probably better targets for those two. There are almost certainly better targets for Wargate.

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

I guess maybe if Combo Elves wanted goyf 5-8 for a man plan? Otherwise seems pretty jank.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

It would also work with Initiates of the Ebon Hand, Manaforge Cinder and Priest of Gix.

Tried that one already out, combined with Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors for additional speed. Putting down 6-7 power on turn 1 with Dark Ritual may be sexy, but overall, I wasn't satisfied with the consistency. It's just too many dead draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It would also work with Initiates of the Ebon Hand, Manaforge Cinder and Priest of Gix.

Tried that one already out, combined with Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors for additional speed. Putting down 6-7 power on turn 1 with Dark Ritual may be sexy, but overall, I wasn't satisfied with the consistency. It's just too many dead draws.
    Tinder Wall and Orcish Lumberjack could also work...

Does Keeper of Progenitus mana work?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Does Keeper of Progenitus mana work?
    I guess so as he seems to be the source of the extra mana, not the lands.

Come on, guys. This is Legacy. Sure, he's cheap and big, but do you really want to jump through these hoops just for a vanilla 5/6? Don't forget -- just because you can goldfish your method of playing him consistently doesn't mean it'll hold up to a blue or black player's disruption with consistency. Or, because you need creatures for this guy, anyone who's using removal for our dude.

Yeah, you can vial him out, but vial won't always stick. I'd rather not risk a dead card in hand if my Vial gets stopped, especially with Mental Misstep around.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by perm View Post
    that's a pretty dumb analysis. Leatherback baloth is definitely a better creature, but is all green and sorta sucks comparitively with vial. But I agree, you may as well run serra avenger in place of it.
    This card is clearly a green card. Running it with no way to cast it but Vial is terrible, as is relying on Iron Myr and friends. And if you're relying on Metalworker there's so much more exciting stuff that he can do.

a deck that runs GSZ +vial can power him out pretty frequently

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
    a deck that runs GSZ +vial can power him out pretty frequently
    Green Sun's Zenith can only grab green creatures.

ah my bad always forgett bout that on the run

Thread Information