Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Team Italia

Re: [Deck] Team Italia

I kind of want to play 4x faithless looting instead of stockpiles. Ive been finding myself just not really being able to take advantage of stockpile while with faithless, I can do a lot more for less mana and trigger young pyro more consistently

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

If you are playing full sets of Cabal Therapy and Revelers I think Looting is definitely something you want.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Here's the list I've been testing. Sideboard is still a mess imo, I'm in the position of trying things out and seeing whats working. I've found myself cutting a Reveler to fit blood moons mainboard & still have space for Lilys. Im not a fan of the landbase, been thinking of cutting some of the 1x duals to fit two more Marsh Flats to have a more consistent manabase, maybe slot a basic plains in for games where you want both blood moon and sideboard cards

3x Bedlam Reveler
    4x Young Pyromancer
    4x Deathrite Shaman

2x Blood Moon

2x Liliana, the Last Hope

3x Kolaghan's Command
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Fatal Push

4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Faithless Looting
    2x Gitaxian Probe
    2x Thoughtseize
    4x Lingering Souls

4x Bloodstained Mire
    2x Marsh Flats
    4x Badlands
    1x Bayou
    1x Scrubland
    1x Plateau
    3x Wasteland
    2x Swamp
    2x Mountain

// Sideboard
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Tormod's Crypt
    1x Containment Priest
    2x Blood Moon
    2x Pyroblast
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Wear // Tear
    2x Zealous Persecution
    Last edited by Amazingxkcd; 05-29-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Made some changes, particularly in stabilizing the mana base and having better sideboard options. Also ramped up the Blood moon mainboard to have better percentages game 1 against blue midrange decks. Sideboard is essentially me hedging against delver/czech pile decks while still have somewhat of an out against storm/SnS decks even though we're significantly weak to it

3x Bedlam Reveler
    4x Young Pyromancer
    4x Deathrite Shaman

3x Blood Moon

2x Kolaghan's Command
    4x Lightning Bolt
    3x Fatal Push

4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Faithless Looting
    2x Gitaxian Probe
    2x Thoughtseize
    4x Lingering Souls

4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Marsh Flats
    3x Badlands
    1x Bayou
    1x Scrubland
    1x Plains
    4x Wasteland
    2x Swamp
    2x Mountain

// Sideboard
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    2x Diabolic Edict
    1x Pyroblast
    1x Red Elemental Blast
    3x Wear // Tear
    3x Zealous Persecution
    Last edited by Amazingxkcd; 06-12-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Bedlam Reveler gets a boost, but K-Command and Blood Moon lose a little luster without DRS. BR aggro? Still worth splashing white?

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

I think arcanist wont work here, the countrips are super good with him, way better than the stuff we can do here IMO. I was thinking in trying arclight phoenix beause they we could get additional value from the discard spells although might be hard to trigger him. Maybe stoneforge mystic or seasoned pyromancer. I feel stoneforge is bit odd atm but youg peezy and lingering souls gives you option to go wide while stoneforge could make you go in with one beater. Seasoned pyro is probably bit too slow for legacy.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Holy sweet Unearth, Batman!

Yeah, talk about raise dead for sure, I got excited, probably overly so.

My latest list, from August 2019, which still clocks in at a coinflip 48% against the field. Trying to go wide, enough sub-optimal cards goes beyond the pale and inversely becomes OP, maybe. Here's to luck, the best equalizer this game has ever known.

3 Smuggler's Copter
    3 Dark Confidant
    2 Monastery Mentor
    2 Young Pyromancer
    1 Tymaret, the Murder King
    2 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
    3 Cabal Therapist
    3 Lightning Bolt
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Zealous Persecution
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    1 Plains
    3 Marsh Flats
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Wasteland
    2 Swamp
    1 Plateau
    2 Arid Mesa
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Cabal Therapy
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Lingering Souls

SB
    1 Silent Gravestone
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Butcher of the Horde
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Rakdos Charm
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Wear // Tear

Feb 2020
    Madison, WI

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    sexy decklist
    Wow, this is insane. Like, "I've never tried this archetype and now I need to sleeve this up immediately" kind of insane. I love every stupid piece of shit card in this list LMAO.

In what situations have you found Zealous Persecution to be most effective? Obviously it's a cool combat trick but I'm wondering how much it comes in handy. Could also ask that question about like everything else in the list (holy fuk Tyramet!!!!); just most interested in ZP.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    He doesn’t have wasteland this turn, but he finds it the next. And wastes my Maze. I do get 1 zombie, but apparently stealing a zombie is just an act of petty theft? Seems like kind of a big theft to me since it stole the whole game... I die.

Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Wow, this is insane. Like, "I've never tried this archetype and now I need to sleeve this up immediately" kind of insane. I love every stupid piece of shit card in this list LMAO.

In what situations have you found Zealous Persecution to be most effective? Obviously it's a cool combat trick but I'm wondering how much it comes in handy. Could also ask that question about like everything else in the list (holy fuk Tyramet!!!!); just most interested in ZP.
    I forget what the best old version of the deck was, but it was more of a SFM, Hero of Bladehold deck. ZP came in originally for True-Name Nemisis, and in a few games in the local meta it was just a dumb house card against Elves!. Plus, there were a couple storm players that would spam Empty the Warrens, ZP is a blow out against that (provided they didn't discard it). But because ZP is typically a sideboard card, no one expects it game 1. It throws off math, and if you have some prowess creatures on the board it can lead to mud stompings. It's often one of the first cards sided out.

Tymaret, THE MURDER KING, that was to get a tad of extra reach. It's never really optimal, but it's recursive, so discarding it, or eating non-exile removal doesn't mean jack, and it can make a few chump blockers effective shocks, or sometimes save yourself from a Bob.

The singleton Plateau is because I used either a badlands or a scrubland in another deck. Even the manabase is using bad cards just because. It pains me, but outside of Strawberry Shortcake, or some Painter versions, Plateau is the most useless, je suis triste.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Zealous Persecution would be pretty nice with Dreadhorde Arcanist, making it almost an Overrun.. A shame they are not in the list at the same time.

// mardu pyromancer

// 60 Maindeck
    // 2 Artifact
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

// 13 Creature
    4 Young Pyromancer
    3 Bedlam Reveler
    2 Murderous Rider
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Bonecrusher Giant

// 7 Instant
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    2 Fatal Push
    3 Swords to Plowshares

// 20 Land
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrubland
    1 Plateau
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    2 Mountain
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Arid Mesa
    2 Marsh Flats

// 4 Planeswalker
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    3 Liliana of the Veil

// 14 Sorcery
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Lingering Souls
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Thoughtseize

What do you think? Its rought draft but since I hae quite a lot of the cards and the required duals I might actually try this. I feel like going more token-like could work well vs oko because they cant easily elk the tokens right?
    Ofc then we can beat with stoneforge which makes every one of the tokens pretty good when they hit. Maybe seasoned pyromancer + unearth could be good combination as well. Or brimaz? Kinda seems more like deadguy ale deck with some red cards

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I made the same list in Deadguy Ale thred:

Creatures (18)

4 Dark Confidant
    4 Goblin Engineer
    3 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tidehollow Sculler

Planeswalkers (2)

2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

Artifacts (9)

4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Ichor Wellspring
    1 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Instants (4)

4 Swords to Plowshares

Sorceries (5)

4 Thoughtseize
    1 Vindicate
    Lands (22)

2 Arid Mesa
    2 Badlands
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Karakas
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Plateau
    2 Scrubland
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Snow-Covered Swamp
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)

1 Liliana's Triumph
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Disenchant
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

@Ganfar - some commentary about your deck list/choices would be appreciated. I see you are going heavy into artifacts, does Oko, or other hate, have any sort of impact? Is there enough disruption, are you quick to kill or grind it out, going big/over, or do you go wide? What's there more than a deck list?

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    @Ganfar - some commentary about your deck list/choices would be appreciated. I see you are going heavy into artifacts, does Oko, or other hate, have any sort of impact? Is there enough disruption, are you quick to kill or grind it out, going big/over, or do you go wide? What's there more than a deck list?
    I haven't feel Oko has affect the deck more. I don't feel they put in more artfact hate more then I usally have with BW Deadguy Ale. I notice that they sideborad in graveyard hate against Goblin and BR God.

The plan are still to disruption and grind them out, you can do semilock with two Tidehollowscrullers and Goblin.

Here is the first deck list:
    https://scryfall.com/@etho/decks/bdc...a-870458ffd153

Here is the current decklist I will test tonight:
    https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/f...=list&with=usd
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Just because, there's finally a card that doesn't feel 2nd rate here because not spamming U. Lurrus of the Dream-Den is so legit, and I advocate for immediate usage. +2 Lurrus, -1 Cabal Therapist, -1 Smuggling Copter.

Can you use lurrus of the dream-den to cast rix maadi reveler for spectacle cost from graveyard?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Yes
    "4/17/2020 You must pay the costs to cast that spell. If it has an alternative cost, such as a mutate cost, you may cast it for that cost instead."

Easy come, easy go. Dega can't have nice things (that aren't usurped by U/awesome).

Thread Information