Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Mental Misstep Article is Just Like All the Others

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: This Mental Misstep Article is Just Like All the Others

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    You're right, becuase when literally every deck is playing 4 Mental Missteps, there is going to be a much higher density of cards under the disruption header, and a lot more resolved Tarmogoyf, Knight of the Reliquary and Natural Orders penetrating into top 8's.
    Agreed. A large portion of Mental Misstep's impact on the format will be influenced by how many people are running the card (whether they should be or not). A similar case could be made for Spell Snare. If 50 percent of the decks in the room are playing Spell Snare, you're going to be seeing a lot more 2cc spells being countered. If 50 percent of the decks in the room are running maindeck Mindbreak Trap, the fellow running Charbelcher is likely to have a terrible day. The useful of the cards varies depending on the combination of so many factors.

And many thanks for the time you put into the article, Master Shake.

Printing Mental Misstep is weird... It seems intended for Legacy. Merfolk was already one of the best decks (if not the best overall) and now it got exactly what it needed to get even better overall, and especially against Goblins and Zoo, two of its worst matchups... Seems pretty much the end for Goblins (as if it wasn't half dead already with all the combos running around), you now have twice as much spells against their best spells... nice. Frankly I'm so convinced that Goblins has too many bad matchups now (and Merfolk now going down to 50%) that I might simply jump ship and play those gay 'Folks myself... at least until red gets some love... sorry Lackey, you'll always be my favorite though!

Edit: Maybe now they can finally unban Goblin Recruiter.
    Needs more goyfs.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by ddt15 View Post
    Edit: Maybe now they can finally unban Goblin Recruiter.
    ololololol

Thread Information