Thread: Phyrexian Metamorph + Artifact

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Phyrexian Metamorph + Artifact

So, Lets say I copy a Thorn of Amethyst with Phyrexian Metamorph, wouldn't Phyrexian Metamorph enter the field as a 0/0 Artifact Creature copy of Thorn of Amethyst?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Re: Phyrexian Metamorph + Artifact

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    So, Lets say I copy a Thorn of Amethyst with Phyrexian Metamorph, wouldn't Phyrexian Metamorph enter the field as a 0/0 Artifact Creature copy of Thorn of Amethyst?
    No - Metamorph copies whatever it copies exactly as printed (plus the "in addition to" artifact type) and retains none of its original attributes.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    No - Metamorph copies whatever it copies exactly as printed (plus the "in addition to" artifact type) and retains none of its original attributes.
    Oh okay. Thanks!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Has anyone seen my pants?
    Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's only a 0/0 Artifact Creature to start so you can fetch it up or cheat it into play as either.
    Skizzik No Kicker. Like a true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's only a 0/0 Artifact Creature to start so you can fetch it up or cheat it into play as either.
    Also, having it copy something is a may - you can have it come into play as a 0/0 if you don't want to copy anything.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information