Thread: [Article] Eternal Europe: Something for Standard and Hawkcestraling in Legacy

[Article] Eternal Europe: Something for Standard and Hawkcestraling in Legacy

Different column name, same author ;) This time I offer up an idea for Standard for those interested in such matters and show off what happens when you try to Hawk in Legacy instead of forging stones. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...In_Legacy.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

There is no cow level.

Jan 2011
    Germany, NRW

Re: [Article] Eternal Europe: Something for Standard and Hawkcestraling in Legacy

Yeah, could care less about the Standard stuff.

The Legacy deck seems awesome though... thought-out really well and I'll probably give it a spin.
    Island, go.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Article] Eternal Europe: Something for Standard and Hawkcestraling in Legacy

Howdy,
    I sure enjoyed the legacy part!
    Don't want to sound rude, but the fact that you were somewhat forced to keep it short, due to it being more of a bonus section, made it refreshingly digestable compared to your commonly epic-sized articles.
    Gotta admit though I'm a rather impatient reader, so no offense dude.

Peace,
    J

Thx for keeping the articles coming. Did you stop working on NBS btw?

@.nemesis: Unsurprised you didn't care for the Standard-part, this is the home of Legacy after all. Happy you liked the deck, give it a spin and let me know what you think.

@Jashar: Howdy paadner, seems like Australia has already changed your vocabulary :p Happy you enjoyed it, even if the reason was that it was shorter than usual^^ (no offense taken)

@Philipp2293: Thanks, I will continue to do so as long as there are people to read them/publish me.
    As to NBS, I haven't done much with it lately as there aren't any big tournaments coming up soon (I'll probably get back to it for the GP depending on meta-considerations as the deck is pretty insane), CB is making a comeback (still the deck you least want to see, even though the matchup is much better than for other combo-decks) and I'm really sick of going off with the deck. It's undeniably powerful but chaining cantrips for 15min+ before stroking the opponent out just isn't much fun any more once you've done it a few hundred times. So at the moment I'm looking for something as powerful that I enjoy playing more.
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

Karsten, I thought this was actually your best article yet. I don't mind both short and long articles, but I thought the pacing and subject matter was very good in this one. Keep up the good work!
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

Thread Information