Thread: Bazaar of Moxen 5 - Top 4 with LEDless Dredge

A espancar até enjoar...
    Aug 2010
    Lisbon

Re: Bazaar of Moxen 5 - Top 4 with LEDless Dredge

Congrats on finish, just a couple questions

no need for flame kin?

side plans?

i do apologize but dredge never was favorite for me to play but i want to give a try to your list

thanks
    Acima de nós só DEUS...

May 2011
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by HokusSchmokus View Post
    +4 Grudge +1 Darkblast -1 Study -1 Breakthrough-2 DR -1 Thug?
    Why side out Blast?
    I believe Study and Breakthrough are, by far, better than Blast in this matchup.
    Since Affinity doesn't have any counters, I'd try to rush them, so I wouldn't side-out any Draw spells.

Jun 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Catitas View Post
    Congrats on finish, just a couple questions

no need for flame kin?

side plans?

i do apologize but dredge never was favorite for me to play but i want to give a try to your list

thanks
    Thank you.

FKZ isn't needed. If you can flashback Dread Return, you can reanimate a big Troll and end the game most of the time one turn slower. By playing the Zealot you have to cut either draw or discard cards and this would hurt the deck :).

Here are the SB-plans:

- Team America: -1 Tribe, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return, (-1 Darkblast); +3 Ancient Grudge, (+1 Ray)
    - Merfolk: -2 Dread Return, -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough; +3 Ancient Grudge, +1 Darkblast
    - GW Maverick: -1 Dread Return, -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Thug, -1 Breakthrough; +3 Grudge, +1 Darkblast (Hierarch, Mother)
    - Lands: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Darkblast, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Ichorid; +2 Ancient Grudge, +1 Hypnotist, +1 Realm Razer
    - Next Level Thresh Urg: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return, -1 Thug; +1 Darkblast (Lavamancer), +3 Grudge
    - Big Zoo: Like GW Maverick I think
    - Canadian Thresh: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return; +3 Ancient Grudge
    - Countertop: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return; +3 Ancient Grudge
    - Rb Goblin: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Thug, -1 Ichorid; +1 Elesh Norn, +1 Darkblast, +2 Grudge
    - ANT: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Darkblast; +1 Hypnotist, +1 Iona
    - Ur Painter: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return, -1 Darkblast, +4 Grudge
    - Caw Go with Topther Foundry Combo: -1 Putrid Imp, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return, -1 Thug; +1 Darkblast, +3 Grudge
    - Sneak Show: -1 Tribe, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return, -1 Darkblast; +3 Grudge, +1 Ray
    - Ub Reanimator: -1 Tribe, -1 Breakthrough, -1 Dread Return, -1 Darkblast; +3 Nature's Claim, +1 Grudge
    GP Ghent 2012 - 37th out of 1,345
    Bazaar of Moxen VI 2012 - Vintage - Winner out of 337
    Maintal Legacy April 2012 - Top 8 out of 127
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy - Top 4 out of 633
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy last chance trial - Top 16 out of 146
    GP Gothenburg 2010 Side Event Legacy - Top 16 out of 132

I'm new at playing dredge. I have read lots of articles about it, but I still have a problem in one specific type of games.

I don't know how I have to focus a game where I only can dredge one card per turn, because my oponent is cutting my draw spells, I haven't drawn them or for whatever reason.

When you only dredge once per turn, usually you don't put enough pressure to beat any opponent. Probably you only dredge one ichorid, a narco and a bridge and it isn't enought to beat almost none of the decks in this format. Your opponent can control you easely with a tarmogoyf + swords to ploshares and blow out all your threads.

Can you explain to me, how I have to focus this kind of games?

Thread Information