Thread: Bazaar of Moxen 5 - Top 4 with LEDless Dredge

Threaded View

Jun 2007
    Germany

Bazaar of Moxen 5 - Top 4 with LEDless Dredge

So, here is a little tournamentreport from Bazaar of Moxen 5. I haven't written down all the things so there might be wrong information in here ;). In Legacy I played the following Dredge-list:

3 Ichorid
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    3 Goglari Thug
    1 Darkblast
    4 Putrid Imp
    4 Tireless Tribe
    4 Narcomoeba

2 Dread Return
    4 Careful STudy
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Breakthrough
    4 Bridge from Below

4 City of Brass
    4 Gemstone Mine
    4 Cephalid Coliseum
    3 Tarnished Citadel

SB:
    1 Elesh Norn
    1 Realm Razer
    1 Iona
    1 Hypnotist
    4 Claim
    4 Grudge
    2 Ray
    1 Darkblast

In Vintage I played MUD.

Legacy-Trial on Friday, 13th May 2011:

Round 1 vs. Alex Delgado from Spain with Team America:
    G1: He's playing Mental Misstep countered my Discard-Outlet. After that he just died.
    G2+3: He knows how to play the hate. And he has got plenty of it. I died twice.
    1-2
    0-1-0

Round 2 vs. Rafal Tarnowski from Poland with Mono U Merfolk:
    G1: He died without doing anything.
    G2: The game went back and forth. He managed to win it.
    G3: On turn 3 I had a filled grave and he died to Zombie-Tokens.
    2-1
    1-1-0

Round 3 vs. Benjamin Kreis from Germany with GW Maverick:
    G1: He started first turn with Mother of Runes. I played a Land and darkblasted it (actually I said something similiar to „now I'm going to bang your mother“ because „Knall“ of Darkblast in german can mean something like that ;)). After that there isn't much he can do. He died.
    G2: He has many dude and graveyard-removal. I died.
    G3: I'm fast, he's dead.
    2-1
    2-1-0

Round 4 vs. Romain Sacaze from France with Lands:
    G1: Luckily I'm faster than him and he died.
    G2: He had everything, I died.
    G3: I'm dredging a bit and found an Realm Razer, but haven't got 3 creatures für Dread Return because of his Tabernacle. He has got one Glacial Chasm in his hand which he played after I saw it with Therapy. Actually I think this was an mistake because the next turn I could reanimate the Razer and win.
    2-1
    3-1-0

Round 5 vs. Benjamin Savoy from Switzerland with Next Level Tempo Thresh Urg:
    G1: He wanted to stop the assault with an Grim Lavamancer. He failed.
    G2: Double Goyf, I'm dead.
    G3: I just can dredge a little bit, but he died to that.
    2-1
    4-1-0

Round 6 vs. Juan Jose Valero from Spain with Big Zoo:
    G1: Breakthrough 1, Breakthrough 0 in one turn. After that I've got an 22/22-Troll and 12 Tokens. He scoops.
    G2: He has got fast Goyfs and GY-hate, but I managed to win this.
    2-0
    5-1-0

Round 7 vs. David Champagne from France with Mono U Merfolk:
    G1: He has no counters and dies fast.
    G2: He has got a fast start with 2 Relics, so I die.
    G3: He activated his Relic totally wrong and just dies in two turns.
    2-1
    5-1-0

Round 8 vs. Johannes Gehrer from Austria with Canadian Thresh:
    G1: He can't do anything about losing.
    G2: He know what he has to do with his hate. Unfortunately he has got fast creatures.
    G3: See game 2.
    1-2
    6-2-0

So I took the 12th place, a friend of mine with 6-2-0 and the exact same 75 cards the 9th place out of 144.

Legacy-Mainevent, 14th May 2011:

Round 1 vs. Mischa Dettwiller from Switzerland with Urw Counterbalance:
    I managed to win somehow both games.
    2-0
    1-0-0

Round 2 vs. Olivier Wallerand from France with Rb Goblins:
    G1: Many Zombie-Tokens in the first few turns took him down.
    G2: I blocked his first turn Lackey with an Putrid Imp. I dicarded a Troll, dredged, activated an Coliseum. Two turns later he scoops to Elesh Norn.
    2-0
    2-0-0

Round 3 vs. Christophe Gregoir from Belgium with Mono U Merfolk:
    G1+2: He hasn't got any hate, but many counters and creatures both games. I can't win against this.
    0-2
    2-1-0

Round 4 vs. Raphael Thebault from France with GW Zenith Aggro / Maverick:
    G1: He can't do anything and dies fast.
    G2: Among other creatures he got an Knight online which brought him the Bojuka Bog. I'm dead.
    G3: He found his hate too late so he loses.
    2-1
    3-1-0

Round 5 gg. Alberto Varela from Italy with Team America.
    G1: He can't do anything against my Zombies.
    G2: Goyf, Tomstalker and hate, I'm dead.
    G3: He played the black Spellbomb. I dredged, found an Moeba and let the trigger go an the stack. He let it resolve. In my End of Turn-step he activated the Spellbomb. That mistake not removing my Moeba while it's still on the stack had an huge impact and he died.
    2-1
    4-1-0

Round 6 vs. Gilles Gasiot from France with ANT:
    G1: I kept a fast hand and let him discard all his Tutors. He died.
    G2: Both of us aren't able to enable for a few turns. He played Grim Tutor and showed me the card he tutored. So in the next turn I ripped his tutored LED from his hand along with each other nonland-card. He drew an Ad Nauseam and played it. Being on 6 life he died to it.
    2-0
    5-1-0

Round 7 vs. Noham Maubert from France with Ur(g) Painter:
    G1: He can't do anything, he's dead.
    G2: He begins, I slowdredged. He plays Land, Ancient Tomb, Painter, Grindstone. So, I have to find the removal. I drew (!) a card; it was Ancient Grudge. I looked at my board, just my grave was filled with one Troll. I looked at my hand: City of Brass. ASS,a big misplay, scoop.
    G3: I'm keeping a hand with Dread Return, Grudge, Random and 4 lands. If I mulligan the chance of getting a hand that is worse is quite high, so I kept this. If he has got an slow start, I could win this. Luckily he has. I grudged his first Painter and played an Putrid Imp which was missteped. Next turn I hardcast Dread Return on it. I still haven't found any Dredger. He plays Painter, Grindstone in one turn. I flashbacked the Grudge in my turn after playing a Therapy on Force of Will. The turn after he drew the third one. Oh, I'm sooo dead. And the I drew... Breakthrough. Okay, Breakthrough for 1 finding Dredge 5, Dredge 4, Coliseum, Study. I kept the Coliseum, activated the Coliseum I had already in play, dredge 5, 4, 6. In my last dredge in found the Grudge, therapied him and then killed his guy. I won that game. Phew.
    2-1
    6-1-0

Round 8 vs. Dominik Piatkowski from Poland with ANT:
    G1: I start with Dicardoutlet und saw mana Rituals, one Tendrils and two Tutors. In the next turn I started to rip his Tutors apart. Then I managed to force him to play Tendrils for 10. He dies after two turns.
    G2: I kept an greedy hand with Troll, Thug, Stinkweed Imp, 2 Gemstone Mine, 1 Coliseum and 1 Random. He played Petal, Ponder and haven't found a land. I drew Breakthrough. Oh, hi there :). I started to slowdredge with an Troll. He played Petal, Ponder, found an Land and played Thoughtseize picking the Breakthrough. I dredge, found an Thug, played a land and the Therapy on him. He played an Brainstorm in response. After thought some time I named Cabal Ritual and I hit. He has one land and two Dark Rituals left in his hand. In his turn he doesn't do anything. I dredge for 4 and haven't found a Dredger. Luckily he thoughtseized my Breakthrough, otherwise I would have been fizzled. I played a Land, an Thug, sacrificed the Thug to therapy his Dark Rituals and put an Discardoutlet on top. I drew it, played it, dicarded all my Dredger, activated the Coliseum and exploded. I reanimated an Hypnotist and after I let him discard his whole hand, he scooped.
    2-0
    7-1-0

Round 9 vs. Ruben Gonzalez from Spain with Thopter Combo / Caw Go-Hybrid:
    G1: I'm 16th, he's 15th so wie couldn't draw to get into Top 16.
    I managed to get a good start and he played Stoneforge Mystic for Batterskull which attacked me once in the next turns. He has two cards in his hand left, so I flashbacked a Therapy with Ichorid to geht two Token. In response he returned the Batterskull to his hand, his Token died and my Bridges were removed. So I named Batterskull and I saw one Squadron Hawk and a Sword of Fire and Ice. I therapied him for Hawk, the Sword didn't matter because in the next turn an 12/12 Troll hit the battlefield. He lost this game.
    G2: He played an Mystic for Sword of the Meek and a few turns after that, he had the Thoptercombo online with two untapped lands. I have got 3-4 Bridges in my Grave and 3 Ichorids in play. I wanted to end my turn to get a few tokens and he responded with saccing the Sword to his Foundry. That was okay for me, but not for him. He thought that the Bridges were removed. After I explained to him that the Sword isn't a creature and he can't sacc tokens to the Foundry he scooped.
    2-0
    8-1-0

After that I'm 2nd out of 630-690 players. I like :).

Top 16 vs. Edouard Lecocq from France with Mono U Merfolk:
    G1: He's just dead.
    G2: I threw this game away. I dredged an Stinkweed Imp and casted it. In the same moment I knew that this was a huge mistake. He forced it, sacced the Cursecatcher to his Force, paid for the Cursecatcher, removed my 3 Bridges and my 3 Ichorids just died without profit. I hate brainfarts...
    G3: He can't do anything to prevent his annihilation.
    2-1
    9-1-0

Top 8 vs. Rodrigo Tagores from Spain with Sneak Show:
    G1+2: In both games I'm too fast and dominating for his big creatures.
    2-0
    10-1-0

Top 4 vs. Oliver Salten from Germany with Reanimator:
    G1: Reanimate Blazing Archon, I'm dead.
    G2: Leyline, reanimate Blazing Archon, I'm dead. It's such a bad matchup.
    0-2
    10-2-0

I placed 4th in the tournament and I'm really happy with the decks perfomance (16-4-0 after the printing of Mental Misstep).

In Vintage I played MUD to an 6-3-0 finish, so unluckily I haven't won the price for the best player in both mainevents. But I'm really happy with an 22-7-0 finish at the weekend.

All Germans in our car (4+1 Norwegian guy) played Dredge in Legacy. Here is the overall score:

Me Trial: 6-2-0
    Me Main: 10-2-0
    -> 16-4-0

Timo Trial: 6-2-0
    Timo Main: 6-2-1
    -> 12-4-1

Julian Main: 0-4-drop
    -> 0-4

Dennis Main: 1-2-drop
    -> 1-2

--> 29-14-1

I hoped you enjoyed reading, even if the matchreport is a bit sloppy because I haven't taken many notes during the games :).
    Last edited by Brot_Ohne_Kruste; 05-28-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    GP Ghent 2012 - 37th out of 1,345
    Bazaar of Moxen VI 2012 - Vintage - Winner out of 337
    Maintal Legacy April 2012 - Top 8 out of 127
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy - Top 4 out of 633
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy last chance trial - Top 16 out of 146
    GP Gothenburg 2010 Side Event Legacy - Top 16 out of 132

Thread Information