Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legacy= 4 Jace format?

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Re: Legacy= 4 Jace format?

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    The only reason Jace is considered good enough in Vintage is because Gifts Ungiven is restricted.
    QFT. I didn't understand how stupid Gifts Ungiven was until I actually started playing Vintage occasionally. It's basically impossible to lose after going "EOT Gifts." Jace doesn't even hold a candle to that monstrosity.

OT: I'm not sure how many decks in Legacy really need 4 Jace. Maybe control lists that don't really play any other win conditions - but honestly, remember that most of these pros come from standard, and are thus rather biased regarding the card.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Legacy= 4 Jace format?

I run 4 Jace and that for the following reasons:

-having multiples is not a problem, because you can brainstorm/fateseal the additional copies away or pitch to force.

-fatesealing (threads or solutions away) or bouncing creatures buys me always enough time to find removal for opponents creatures or clear the way for my own.

-is a hard to remove blue phyrexian arena, especially if you immediately fateseal him to 5 loyalty (burn always wastes 2 spells to remove him if I play the hoodboy)

-I (general) prefer him to enter the field by Turn 4 without diggin for him.

P.S. Sometimes I even played 4 Vendillion Cliques for max value too; I gladly trade my threesome for a Nacatl and Zoo's post-Combat-play only to drop the next one soon 4 beatz (assisted by elspeths +3/+3). Cycling Clique/Jace 4 a Cliques trigger is not impressive but another option
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information