Thread: [Article] Eternal Europe:Everything You Need to Know about GP Providence

[Article] Eternal Europe:Everything You Need to Know about GP Providence

With the GP coming up this weekend, I refrained from doing another "ok, these are the X best decks, play one of them" kind of article - others have taken care of that pretty well by now. Instead I collected a number of thoughts about the metagame, sleeper-cards and -decks to help inform your own choices for the GP.

Take a look:

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...rovidence.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Re: [Article] Eternal Europe:Everything You Need to Know about GP Providence

I thought this was a great article, I enjoyed reading it.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Yup. It was insightful as hell and IMO gave exactly the right amount of ink to Misstep.

Also, thanks Carsten, for the nod last week.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thanks a lot, happy you enjoyed it!

@Finn: Well, you definitely deserved props for showing me I was wrong :)
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Very nice article!

Something I think you're missing in the list of sleepers is the red blasts and decks that can fully capitalize on them. A deck like old school Sligh (the more controlish build) looks like it could do really well in this slower and mostly blue metagame.

I'm glad they went over ways to counter standstill. Too often I've seen people break it in a inappropriate manner.

2nd Best Explorer in Magic
    Jun 2008
    Madison, WI

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    I'm glad they went over ways to counter standstill. Too often I've seen people break it in a inappropriate manner.
    I haven't read the article yet, I have to do something at work today, but did you cover how and when to play standstill. And better yet when to board it out. Too many times I have seen people run out a standstill on turn 2 without even considering the board state. One time it was in the merfolk mirror my opponent went first played a land and passed, I played vial and passed. Then they played standstill. Then they waited til they had lost 10 life and I had a bunch of dudes out but no LOA and they broke the standstill with a LOA and lost the next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Voyeur View Post
    Fetches are boring. When someone suddenly gets money, they don't invest it in something practical; they spend it on something lavish like a prostitute/PEZ dispenser.
    A founding member of Team Bluff the Lotus - Bringing the crazy from Bob's Baseball Dugout

Thread Information