Thread: [Article] A Knight on the Town: New Horizons and Mental Misstep

Attractive and Successful
    Nov 2006
    Cincinnati, OH

[Article] A Knight on the Town: New Horizons and Mental Misstep

http://www.quietspeculation.com/2011...ons-in-legacy/

Not mine, but a pretty good read.

I liked:
    The visual explanation of everything that can be Stifled.
    The discussion on why Mental Misstep is so good.
    How the author explained why Tarmogoyf was the weakest card in the deck.

Needs improvement:
    I'd like a play-by-play, or a God hand scenario to show what it's capable of
    More examples of how the deck makes tempo happen. For example, should I be tapping KOTR to make Wastelands or should I be swinging with it when it's a 5/5? When do I do either?

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Re: [Article] A Knight on the Town: New Horizons and Mental Misstep

Why would you want to attack with a 5/5 Knight unless their board is empty? I think it's much more productive to use her to disrupt your opponent than it is to whittle away at their life total.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

From my experience, it depends on how much reactive spells you have in hand. If you're sitting on many counters, then attack away. If you're sitting on a bunch of creatures, it might be a better idea to play one, then mana denial on your turn before they get to use their mana. Bold added to emphasize the important point.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Jan 2010
    Davis, CA

I liked this: "Daze is great in this deck because you never—aside from Elspeth, Knight-Errant—need to have more than four lands and it helps keep an opponent’s curve in check."

ummm... that doesn't make sense! We're talking about four land drops here! Nothing is worse than dazing something after making your second land drop and staring at that Knight in your hand for two more turns. Daze is my least favorite card in the entire deck. It is somewhat of a necessary evil but I've cut it down to two.

Thread Information