Thread: Something something Freeform

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Something something Freeform

Outside of playing legacy, I love playing casual. While playing a casual game with my Parfait deck (Land Tax + Scroll Rack), I had the discussion of how would Legacy look like if Survival of the Fittest, Mystical Tutor and Flash were all still Legacy legal. Would we see more unbanned cards (from the original list and the new list combined) and which would it be? Would Flash would be the deck to beat? Discuss.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Re: Something something Freeform

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Outside of playing legacy, I love playing casual. While playing a casual game with my Parfait deck (Land Tax + Scroll Rack), I had the discussion of how would Legacy look like if Survival of the Fittest, Mystical Tutor and Flash were all still Legacy legal. Would we see more unbanned cards (from the original list and the new list combined) and which would it be? Would Flash would be the deck to beat? Discuss.
    Flash would be ripping the metagame to shreds I believe.

That being said, I think it would then warp to super anti-Flash decks, then real decks would be good, then Flash would rape, etc.

All in all, not an interesting format. Survival and Mystical would be really interesting to have unbanned. It would make for a real format. Entomb might have to go though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Flash would be ripping the metagame to shreds I believe.

That being said, I think it would then warp to super anti-Flash decks, then real decks would be good, then Flash would rape, etc.

All in all, not an interesting format. Survival and Mystical would be really interesting to have unbanned. It would make for a real format. Entomb might have to go though.
    I guess Flash can never be 'fun'.

But ya, I was thinking of having SotF, MT together; along with not so broken banned cards like Earthcraft, Land Tax and Mind Twist. Maybe Frantic Search if pushing it.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jun 2008
    Ohio

Flash is on a completely different level from survival (and the rest of Legacy). It can only really be fair with power level errata like it used to have, which isn't Wizards' policy anymore. The card's just too good, and it fits into the perfect shell of blue cards, tutors, and CB/Top to protect it.

What actually might be a fun experiment is to have a sort of public future-future league and start over with no banned list and use the metagame to determine what should actually be there. It would'nt necessarily be fair or balanced, but it would be fun to watch develop.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I guess Flash can never be 'fun'.

But ya, I was thinking of having SotF, MT together; along with not so broken banned cards like Earthcraft, Land Tax and Mind Twist. Maybe Frantic Search if pushing it.
    If you, even for a second, thought that Frantic Search was stronger than Flash, then you know nothing.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Quote Originally Posted by MULocke View Post
    Flash is on a completely different level from survival (and the rest of Legacy). It can only really be fair with power level errata like it used to have, which isn't Wizards' policy anymore. The card's just too good, and it fits into the perfect shell of blue cards, tutors, and CB/Top to protect it.

What actually might be a fun experiment is to have a sort of public future-future league and start over with no banned list and use the metagame to determine what should actually be there. It would'nt necessarily be fair or balanced, but it would be fun to watch develop.

As long as I get to play with my Contracts before it's the first to go.

Jun 2008
    Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    As long as I get to play with my Contracts before it's the first to go.
    I know, wouldn't that be great? You g et to relive playing every broken deck/card as it gets banned.

Thread Information