Thread: [Adorable Ignorance] Ban/Restricted List Update 6/2011?

[Adorable Ignorance] Ban/Restricted List Update 6/2011?

All photos and contend are safe for work. I promise. no, seriously, it's cool

I appologize in advance for the following incredible foolishness:

So, I don't know if you guys look at calendars ever (Figure 1), but it's recently become June. Secondly, I'm not sure if ALL of you are in on it or anything, but I'm fairly certain that everybody who has ever had an opinion or touched a Magic card has posted in a thread about speculation of updates to the Banned and Restricted list for Magic cards. Turns out that, at the beginning of several months of the year (March, June, September, and December), the guys who make Magic cards update that list!

Anyway, I can't seem to find out whether there were any changes to the list. I also can't find that thread (although, in fairness, I didn't look too thoroughly). I've been laid up for a couple days (I'll let these photos tell the story), and it looks like I missed all of you guys fighting about why the changes are format warping and terrible and explaining why nobody will ever play Legacy again. I was going to PM somebody to ask about what happened but then I remembered that I could post pictures of my gruesome bachelor party debacle AND get an answer all in one!

Cordially,

Victor Nightengale
    dictated but not read
    Last edited by Zach Tartell; 06-02-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: adjective, not adverb!
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Re: [Adorable Ignorance] Ban/Restricted List Update 6/2011?

and your post sucks bawls.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    I've been laid up for a couple days; tell the story
    Maybe if you didn't go to Bangkok and do so much heroin, you wouldn't miss things, Tartell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Basically, Mystical Tutor and Land Hax, Black Vise and Skullclamp have been unbanned; consequently, the price of Mental Misstep is up to $20 each, and anyone that isn't playing Islands is doing it wrong.

(Scratch everything but the last half-line)
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by mchainmail View Post
    Basically, Mystical Tutor and Land Hax, Black Vise and Skullclamp have been unbanned; consequently, the price of Mental Misstep is up to $20 each
    Laugh now.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

The list is usually announced somewhere toward the middle of the month.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Safest unban by far is Land Tax, but I'm pretty sure WotC is still trolling us on that one. Earthcraft seems pretty harmless too at this point. As a combo it's just worse than other options, as an addition to Enchantress it pretty much changes nothing as you still have the same strengths and weaknesses either way.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Thread Information