Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No more blue stabbing please

Re: No more blue stabbing please

Quote Originally Posted by Parax View Post
    i do think blue pilots have to study the field more than anyone else. Its knowing what and when to counter something that matters. You might not always counter something on turn 4 but you might want to counter it earlier if you have the chance.
    Honestly, discard is much more unforgiving and therefor thought provoking than counterspells. Cabal therapy is probably the most rewarding card ever to those who mastered the response to "Name a card".

Jun 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwalker View Post
    Also Lord Cyrus called Speed Zoo beating blue and we have it in SCG Indianapolis with Zoo/Gobs coming 1st/2nd in a field of blue.

My conlusion for this thread:

OMG can we just ban blue already so we won't have these posts/threads popping up at the end of every Legacy event?
    Nice to know I was right. ;) Seriously guys, if you despise blue, play Speed Zoo. You run the risk of getting blown out by random combo, but so do most non-blue decks. The upshot is the savage beating you can put on guys who like to tap islands. Don't forget your Price of Progress and Ancient Grudge out of the SB!!

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Iare:
    However majority of people dont think of adding card like Cabal terapy because they dont know how to use it effectively. On the other hand, brainstorm is much more straightforward card.

There still were obvious and less obvious usages of any card ever printed. Brainstorm can use anyone in almost any kind of deck. But you have to learn how and when to use Cabal Therapy.

Thats also why are people still whinning about FOW. I dont play it and I am still happy without it :)

How not to play cabal therapy:
    Turn 1. Player guesses a card, i reveal hand nothing to discard however.
    Turn 3. Player sacrifices a creature for flashback and guesees again. apparently he missed again. He did not manage to remember from the first time...

How to play cabal theraphy:
    Oponnent waits until I have to reveal a card from hand due some tutoring, and discards exact card he needed to.
    Oponnent sacrifies card with Grave ability (wonder, Protean Hulk and so on) which can cause to start infinte combo, and he discard the second card he wanted me to.

From my own experience people will play brainstorm because it does not need to learn how to use it effectively, but people wont play Long-term plans because it requires Senseis Top in play, but for my own surprise they will play Counterbalance, even when its certain it needs Senseis top either.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Guessing a card with therapy is fine if you guesses a card based on opponent opening, and based on card that would lead you to a game loss. Dredge does that all the time, naming gravehate and such.
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    Iare:
    However majority of people dont think of adding card like Cabal terapy because they dont know how to use it effectively. On the other hand, brainstorm is much more straightforward card.

There still were obvious and less obvious usages of any card ever printed. Brainstorm can use anyone in almost any kind of deck. But you have to learn how and when to use Cabal Therapy.

Thats also why are people still whinning about FOW. I dont play it and I am still happy without it :)

Turn 3. Player sacrifices a creature for flashback and guesees again. apparently he missed again. He did not manage to remember from the first time...

Oponnent waits until I have to reveal a card from hand due some tutoring, and discards exact card he needed to.
    Oponnent sacrifies card with Grave ability (wonder, Protean Hulk and so on) which can cause to start infinte combo, and he discard the second card he wanted me to.

From my own experience people will play brainstorm because it does not need to learn how to use it effectively, but people wont play Long-term plans because it requires Senseis Top in play, but for my own surprise they will play Counterbalance, even when its certain it needs Senseis top either.
    Actually using brainstorm effectively is not that easy. To give you some idea: http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...cle/19780.html

As for cabal therapy, I think the best way to "guess" is to name a card that you think your opponent might have that could disturb your plan. Not every deck reveals a card from a tutor.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    Iare:

Actually I'm sure it exists, but I would love to see an article on the exact uses of therapy.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Its easy to use Brainstorm on first turn (obviously most valued effect), also as reaction on some spell while response is hidden somewhere on top of your library, or else you can hide there cards in response to disrupt. I personally prefer to play Brainstorm at the end of oponnents turn. At least from my point of view as I still play mostly blue its good to know how to set up my hand before the game proceeds.

But its somehow funny to see a guy who plays therapy, guesses for first time (ok, lets say no one revelaed the hand or single card), but on second time he dont remember name of any single card. thats something i like on magic.

Thread Information