Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solving Null Rod and inconsistency with White Splash MUD

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

Re: Solving Null Rod and inconsistency with White Splash MUD

If you're considering 2 color options, 4 Glimmervoid could replace forests, but otherwise forest is good. I forgot to comment that the only way to beat Null Rod is to have some non-artifact colored lands because otherwise you won't be able to cast Seal unless you do so pre-emptively.

I've been having similar issues with Steel Stompy against Null Rod, and having 6 mana sources (lands) that are not hosed by Rod/EFlux helps a ton. To be honest, the Rod/Deed/Flux kinda blow Stompy out (for Bomholtz you might get a Wurmcoil in fast), but I think the really bad cards for us are Ancient Grudge. Against Stompy, you really don't need to blow everything, blowing just 1-2 cards that matter can make the big difference for win/loss for a Stompy deck.

I don't think it's good to play Veteran Explorer against Goblins. Anything else is fine. Goblins is one of those decks that Path = great against Lackey but Path costs you more games than it is going to save you. Goblins win with Lackeys easily, but they are also a deck that is tremendously powerful in the late game. Pushing the late game a few turns earlier is not ideal IMO (this is coming from experiences with playing Paths against Goblins).
    Decks that I care about:
    Steel Stompy
    UWx Landstill
    Dreadstalker
    DDFT (10% practice)

Mangara on MWS? You must be masochistic. -kiblast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    REB is a fantastic sideboard card against blue... in blue decks :/

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Even without fetches it is still very good. Sylvan itself helps you see 2 extra cards the next turn. Usually on t1/t2 library will win you the game by itself. Recall on the first draw step after dropping library + topping afterwards is + 4 cards you will be seeing. This helps you nab alot of things. Life is not that much of an issue as it's either you explode or you don't.

Green stompy is an aggro control deck. Mud is a combo control deck. I would argue that this deck needs library manipulation much more than an aggro deck which is highly redundant. That + 4 cards into the future is exactly what mud needs to help its consistency issue.

@ veteran explorer yup card's not too hot in that case. Any other 1 cc spells in green that are good when you board out chalice? Chalice on the draw against goblins really sucks.

Mike's list is not just inconsistent. It's wildly inconsistent and very fragile. The only difference in my decks explosiveness and his is key. Key is just crazy in goldfishing. In real life key has always been subpar. Grim is perfectly powerful without key. T1 grim into t2 wurmcoil into t3 untap into t4 robot is perfectly acceptable for me. Grim is like a mana bank which let's you charge on 1 turn then robot the next. I often feed it to forgemaster so not untapping and sticking around is a not a bad thing.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Though at times Wastelands are awesome, I find Rishadan Port better in the deck. If that land needs to be a lockdown piece, it can be. If it needs to be a mana source, it can provide mana.

Same can be said with Wasteland but in a land-lite deck, having to blow up your own land only to not draw lands after sucks.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Exactly. That's why I run darksteel citadel. It feeds forgemaster. I don't play tops and keys, so I need the food for forgemaster/opal. I only use my wastes like 20% of the time I draw them. Darksteel is much better in my list IMO.

Wouldn't the Sword of Fire and Ice more useful in the sideboard instead of Choke? Or Sword of War and Peace even?

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Sword needs something to stick for it to be useful. The deck's creature density is not that high and a SOFI or SOWP gets stopped by something as simple as a goyf when on a revoker/metalworker. IMO equipment isnt that great. If I were to run equipment, I'd run SOBM because pro green is extremely relevant. Choke just destroys blue decks. Nothing conditional, if your opponent plays islands, they're gonna be in trouble.

Poisonous Foogoofiish
    Feb 2006
    Germany

Are there any other playable green cards outside of Seal and Library for this deck?
    BBB

Jul 2006
    Düsseldorf, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by deadlock View Post
    Are there any other playable green cards outside of Seal and Library for this deck?
    What's about Elvish Piper? You can cheat your fatties into play without reaching a high amount of mana.
    Then you depend less on your mana artifacts and Metal Worker and maybe it could make more hands keepable.

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It's alot like master of ethirium in blue mud. 4 mana is simply too much to cheat something into play. Unfortunately its too slow. Green gives you choke which is an insane beating against blue. I'm still playing the green splash, currently its still the most consistent.

Thread Information