Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riftbolt 10drils

Re: Riftbolt 10drils

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Brainstorming Green Storm ideas

Does this do the same thing but with more consistency?

//Mana: 19
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Taiga
    1 Bayou
    1 Badlands
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    1 Dryad Arbor

//Creatures: 11
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Tinder Wall
    3 Wild Cantor

//Rituals: 8
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Rite of Flame

//Business: 7
    4 Empty the Warrens
    3 Tendrils of Agony

//Protection: 4
    4 Cabal Therapy

//Tutors: 11
    4 Diabolic Intent
    4 Sylvan Library
    3 Green Sun's Zenith

//Sideboard: 15
    4 Allosaurus Shepherd
    4 Natural Order
    4 Pattern of Rebirth
    1 Progenitus
    1 Archon of Valor's Reach
    1 Questing Beast

It's mostly the same deck, but making room for Veteran + Diabolic Intent. Also more Sylvans and GSZ. Should improve the card quality and ability to recover.

Maybe squeeze in a 4th basic

Quest Beast can be replaced by any resilient green fatty that is reasonably GSZable with ramp
    I think this is a good direction! I'd probably go down to 2 diabolic intent though and cut some gsz's as they'll never be better than mana neutral when going off. Pattern getting grizzly into drawing and tendrils I think is one of the stronger lines, might even move 1 shepherd, 1 grizzly, and some patterns into the md. I think the video showed hard casting grizzly is very doable in here by turn 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

Re: Riftbolt 10drils

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I think this is a good direction! I'd probably go down to 2 diabolic intent though and cut some gsz's as they'll never be better than mana neutral when going off. Pattern getting grizzly into drawing and tendrils I think is one of the stronger lines, might even move 1 shepherd, 1 grizzly, and some patterns into the md. I think the video showed hard casting grizzly is very doable in here by turn 3.
    Yeah adding Grizzly main could be good. I think he is better main than SB. Postboard you are boarding out storm stuff for the Pattern/NO package so drawing all those cards loses power to have lethal Tendrils, or walks into the same hate you were trying to dodge. Postboard better to just get the 10/10 or a pseudo-Iona and dodge more hate. But MD Grizzly for storm seems strong.

The point of those tutors was to have a better time when you get disrupted. They won't goldfish as well (mana neutral on storm turn), but they make it easier to get a 2nd wind or set up lethal next turn. Most of the video was getting disrupted and running out of gas. Seems good to avoid that.

Diabolic Intent+Veteran Explorer (from previous turn) is net 0 mana to put any card in hand, very strong on storm turn. Infernal Tutor and Wishclaw can't do any better.

4 Intent might be too many, though GSZ finds Explorer or Dryad Arbor so there's also easier access to both ramp and fodder. GSZ can also "hardcast" green fatties like Archon the same way he had turn 3 grizzly. Postboard GSZ also sets up Allosaurus so you can be uncounterable.dec and troll blue mages.
    Last edited by FTW; 03-18-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Thread Information