Thread: My Commander Picks

bruizar

My Commander Picks

So far this is the first card I like most. It's a land that deals with Sower of Temptation and the activated ability doesn't require mana to activate. Not saying it's gonna have an outrageous impact on any format, but this card does something that no other card did before, and it does it at a low cost. I don't think it will actually be played in a very long time, but it could be a metagame consideration.

PS: You can now use Forbidden Orchard to create creatures and steal them back with Homeward Path. :-)

Soul Snare is the other card that I think is very potent, Auto-include for Enchantress but also very good as it is a "Seal of Plowshares". Perhaps also good in Landstill, because you can go turn 1 Seal, turn 2 Standstill.

The rest of the set doesn't seem to have any useful applications outside Commander.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Re: My Commander Picks

I like the land as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a 1 of in decks with KotR.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    PS: You can now use Forbidden Orchard to create creatures and steal them back with Homeward Path. :-)
    Doesn't work:

110.5a A token is both owned and controlled by the player under whose control it entered the battlefield.

How about with gilded drake?

Edit: And juxtapose.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Whippoorwill View Post
    I like the land as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a 1 of in decks with KotR.

Doesn't work:

110.5a A token is both owned and controlled by the player under whose control it entered the battlefield.

That's a shame, otherwise the Hunted creatures would have like this card a lot too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post

Good call

SteelinSumOfUrTechKThxBai
    Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    but this card does something that no other card did before
    Brooding Saurian would like to have a word with you. Better try to be informed, not knowing fringe cards really leaves you with a Brand of shame, you know... :)
    "Blue-Eyes White Dragon is a fatty that Jamie Wakefield seems to have overlooked. It has a tremendous power and toughness of 3000/2500, making it bigger than current threats such as Tarmogoyf or Mountain."

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Chaos Warp seems like the MVP to me by far.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Seal of Plowshares looks good. It might get into Enchantress. The best part is it hits Emrakul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Seal of Plowshares looks good. It might get into Enchantress. The best part is it hits Emrakul.
    Only problem with that is most of the real problem creatures are never going to attack with this thing on deck so Oblivion Ring is better most of the time.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post

Too bad they get their stuff back as well.

Otherwise, Reins of Power would be awesome with it.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Only problem with that is most of the real problem creatures are never going to attack with this thing on deck so Oblivion Ring is better most of the time.
    Yes that is true and If Emrakul taps to atttack the opponent, they still have to sac 6 so it isn't the greatest answer. Only benefit of this is proactive drop where I can play it and sac when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

I think the following cards might see some play in Legacy:

Alliance of Arms, Soul Snare, Flusterstorm (or whatever they end up calling it), Sewer Nemesis, Chaos Warp, Collective Voyage (maybe if it finds the right deck), Scavenging Ooze, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, aaaaaaaaaaand... The Mimeoplasm.
    Bless your heart, we must consider Blue/White Tempo's strategy and win percentages in an entirely different deck thread. -4eak

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Brand + Hunted Creatures used to work but rule changed with m10 rules or something like that. This land does deal with Sower and Shackles and Kight of the Reliquary can search for it :D

Ruhan of the Fomori looks pretty solid as well. 7/7 for 4 mana.

Thread Information