Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [M12 Cards]

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

[M12 Cards]

Sorry didn't see a thread for m12 yet... so

Hunter's Insight 2G
    Instant
    Choose target creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker this turn, draw that many cards.

Great new draw engine for green based decks? Hit with a Goyf .... then draw 4? Hell, you can splash green for this if your deck runs a decent amount of creature with power over 3. For example you can run this in Mono Green Stompy, equip a beater with a sword, deal DMG, then draw a five something cards...

----------

Also

Gideon's Avenger 1WW
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Whenever a Creature an Opponent controls becomes tapped, put a +1/+1 counter on Gideon's Avenger.

It can get really big really fast... lets say vs zoo by the time you untap withhim out it should be at least a 4/4 or something unless they play around it, and in that case you're not being attacked

Stonehorn Dignitary 3W
    Creature - Rhino Soldier
    When Stonehorn Dignitary enters the battlefield, target player skips his or her next combat phase.
    1/4

Some kind of lock with astral slide or something?

*Reassembling Skeleton 1B
    Creature - Skeleton
    1B: Return Reassembling Skeleton from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
    1/1

Another potential combo with sac effects? Contamination?

Goblin Arsonist R
    Creature - Goblin Shaman
    When Goblin Arsonist is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may have it deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
    1/1

A lame version of Goblin Fanatic...still seems more useful that fanatic under the new rules though. This can 2 for 1 at least

----------
    For EDH

Swiftfoot Boots 2
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
    1 Equip

it's basically lightning greeves, just slightly worse

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Re: [M12 Cards]

I think Wild Mongrel just made a new best friend.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    For EDH

Swiftfoot Boots 2
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
    1 Equip

it's basically lightning greeves, just slightly worse
    I will pay 1 for an equip to give my generals and utility dorks Trollshroud instead of Shroud any day fo the week. I'll go on a limb and bank that card becomes an EDH staple.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

I think that even in Standard, the equipment will see a moderate amount of play. Haste and Shroud are not to be underestimated in a format filled with removal.

I'm actually excited about Chandra's Phoenix, so that I can finally play a red planeswalker again. (and still suck vs control)
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

The boots is really nice with Kemba :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    *Reassembling Skeleton 1B
    Creature - Skeleton
    1B: Return Reassembling Skeleton from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
    1/1

Another potential combo with sac effects? Contamination?
    Awesome find...

4 Contamination
    4 Nether Spirit
    4 Bitterblossom
    4 Reassembling Skeleton

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Innocent Blood
    3 Pox

4 Wasteland
    17 Swamp

We got ourselves a deck. :)

The deck could play even more Pox cards. Cut Cabal Therapy and Inquisiton of Kozilek and put in Ensnaring Bridge and Smallpox.

The deck could alternatively cut Pox and Dark Ritual and instead play Abyssal Persecutor, Dark Confidant and Go for the Throat.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Awesome find...

4 Contamination
    4 Nantuko Shade
    4 Bitterblossom
    4 Reassembling Skeleton

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Hymn to Tourach

We got ourselves a deck. :)
    Bloodghast too, synergy with Therapy as well.
    West side
    My Legacy stream

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Reassembling Skeleton is from M11
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

Reassembling Skeleton came out in M11. Hunter's Insight seems cool, but too narrow to run competatively.
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    Reassembling Skeleton is from M11
    Doesn't mean the card doesn't have potential. It could have easily been overlooked. How about in something like this...

4 Contamination
    4 Bitterblossom
    4 Reassembling Skeleton
    4 Nether Spirit

4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Necrogen Mists
    4 Bottomless Pit
    1 Raven's Crime

3 Dark Ritual/The Rack
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Noetic Scales

20 Swamp

The deck should be called Upkeep since it plays a dozen different upkeep triggers, and you can trigger them all in whichever order you want.

For example, at start of upkeep, bounce Nether Sprit to your hand for Noetic Scales, discard it to Necrogen Mists, return it to play using Nether Spriit's trigger, sac it to Contamination. That works right?

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

That's not the issue. Reassembling Skeleton is a pretty good card overall, but I think reimpressions don't belong to this thread.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    I will pay 1 for an equip to give my generals and utility dorks Trollshroud instead of Shroud any day fo the week. I'll go on a limb and bank that card becomes an EDH staple.
    I'm considering cutting Greaves in Godo for this or run both, but I hate the fact I can't equip other equipment to Godo after Greaves without another dude. It's a pain in the ass.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I'm considering cutting Greaves in Godo for this or run both, but I hate the fact I can't equip other equipment to Godo after Greaves without another dude. It's a pain in the ass.
    Exactly. I can see the argument for running both, but space is at a premium in your Godo list, and i just see these new boots as being a direct upgrade. Giving you the ability to equip these, and then land some of the more expensive equipment after teh fact and not have to expose Godo by switching boots to another critter is huge.

As mentioned before, other (mostly voltron) generals such as Kemba also benefit greatly from this over regular boots.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Jun 2009
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    For example, at start of upkeep, bounce Nether Sprit to your hand for Noetic Scales, discard it to Necrogen Mists, return it to play using Nether Spriit's trigger, sac it to Contamination. That works right?
    No, that doesn't work. If the Nether Spirit isn't in your graveyard at the beginning of your upkeep, it won't add a trigger to the stack. That is because of the "interventing 'if' clause":

603.4. A triggered ability may read "When/Whenever/At [trigger event], if [condition], [effect]." When the trigger event occurs, the ability checks whether the stated condition is true. The ability triggers only if it is; otherwise it does nothing. If the ability triggers, it checks the stated condition again as it resolves. If the condition isn't true at that time, the ability is removed from the stack and does nothing. Note that this mirrors the check for legal targets. This rule is referred to as the "intervening 'if' clause" rule. (The word "if" has only its normal English meaning anywhere else in the text of a card; this rule only applies to an "if" that immediately follows a trigger condition.)
    Example: Felidar Sovereign reads, "At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 40 or more life, you win the game." Its controller's life total is checked as that player's upkeep begins. If that player has 39 or less life, the ability doesn't trigger at all. If that player has 40 or more life, the ability triggers and goes on the stack. As the ability resolves, that player's life total is checked again. If that player has 39 or less life at this time, the ability is removed from the stack and has no effect. If that player has 40 or more life at this time, the ability resolves and that player wins the game.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    Hunter's Insight seems cool, but too narrow to run competatively.
    I wouldn't say narrow, but rather risky as it can be an easy 2on1 trade if your opponent kills your critter. At least it's an instant to play it on your unblocked creatures.

But still, being able to potentially draw that many cards for shouldn't be overlooked, especially with all the cheap fat and pump in Legacy around.

It also happens to have great synergy with Exalted creatures.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I wouldn't say narrow, but rather risky as it can be an easy 2on1 trade if your opponent kills your critter. At least it's an instant to play it on your unblocked creatures.

But still, being able to potentially draw that many cards for shouldn't be overlooked, especially with all the cheap fat and pump in Legacy around.

It also happens to have great synergy with Exalted creatures.
    I think it's perfect with invigorate. Creature goes unblocked, opponent takes 1 extra dmg, and you draw 4 cards on top of your creatures power. Oh and nobel heirach gives you another point of dmg and another card. Best thing is each of those cards is decent on its own...

ActuallyPlay it in poison pump... If your pumps aren't letting you go lethal, they instead get you a full hand...

I check my look in the mirror.

Feb 2011

Goblin Arsonist is from Rise of the Eldrazi. Gideon's Avenger is 2/2.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

When I saw Hunter's Insight, I thought right away of Keep Watch. That card managed to see about zero play and has an effect which doesn't even depend on your attacking to work. I feel like, running it in a deck without trollshroud (err hexproof, meh) guys will just see you getting twofer'd a lot :(

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

yadda yadda yadda

blue is overpowered etc

ジェイスの文書管理人/Jace's Archivist
    クリーチャー- ヴィダルケン・ウィザード/Creature- Vedalken Wizard
    ,:
    各プレイヤーは自分の手札を捨て、その後これによりいずれかのプレイヤーが捨てたカードの枚数のうち最も大きい枚数に等しいだけのカードを引く。
    ,T: Each player discards his or her hand,then draws cards equal to the greatest number of cards a player discarded this way.

「これは聖なる責務だ。師ベレレンの信頼こそが、私の永遠の忠誠の源だ。」
    2/2

Artist:James Ryan 59/249

Windfall Spellshaper. Anyone yet unconvinced R&D loves them some Kool aid?
    West side
    My Legacy stream

what rarity is this being printed at?

Thread Information