Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [M12 Cards]

bruizar

Re: [M12 Cards]

Last edited by bruizar; 06-30-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: dp

bruizar

It all depends on whether or not this card can be good enough on its own. Scepter / Chant 'wins' but isn't played, Ancient Grudge / Liquimetal Coating-Gorilla Shaman very powerful but even in vintage where there's always a couple of moxen to eat it's not played.

Sundial will not be a good card because people will simply use their removal in on their own turn. This makes Sundial incapable of doing anything relevant UNLESS you play a card that enables this thing to do broken stuff.

Also, Astral Slide, Sundial is a 3 card combo as you also need to invest in cyclers.

It looks good on paper, but it's a trap.

I do actually like Chandra Firebrand's second ability. It works especially well with removal and burn (STP/Ancient Grudge/Lightning Bolt/Thoughtseize/Fireblast) but I'm sure there's something far stronger. Too bad Chandra can't protect itself.

Sundial makes me crazy. I would love to brew a funky new deck with this. All the Parallax enchantments from Nemesis work. Removing all lands mit Parallax Tide or 5 handcards with Parallax Nexus is really cool. Other cards i would consider:

- Solitary Confinement
    - Flickerwisp / Glimmer Stag
    - Glacial Chasm

I think creatures with evoke would work well. Evoke Shriekmaw second mainphase and because you control the trigger you can let the "terror" resolve and then end the turn in response to the sacrifice trigger.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

I like how the new chandra fits a Red Stax-like deck as kill-con and creature-dealer alongside Ensnaring Bridge, and how Red Stax now has a draw spell... Damn, can someone craft a decent Red Stax already?
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Quote Originally Posted by Gui View Post
    and how Red Stax now has a draw spell...
    Did I miss a memo?
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Did I miss a memo?
    Sorry. Tezzeret's Gambit. Which is fancy with the second ability too (draw 4, proliferate 2x, chandra goes intact). ^^

Edit: I just realized you can ploriferate a CotV to 2, and a Stax to a first turn 1 oO
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Sorry. Tezzeret's Gambit. Which is fancy with the second ability too (draw 4, proliferate 2x, chandra goes intact). ^^

Edit: I just realized you can ploriferate a CotV to 2, and a Stax to a first turn 1 oO
    Gambit only proliferates once, unless I'm reading it wrong. But yes, in a pinch you can cast it and proliferate your Stax from 1 to 2, or your chalice from 1-2, to speed up your lock. Note that due to proliferate needing a counter on the permanent already, you cannot proliferate from 0-1.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    Gambit only proliferates once, unless I'm reading it wrong. But yes, in a pinch you can cast it and proliferate your Stax from 1 to 2, or your chalice from 1-2, to speed up your lock. Note that due to proliferate needing a counter on the permanent already, you cannot proliferate from 0-1.
    Yup, stax to 1 was wrong, sorry.

But you can copy Gambit with Chandra's second ability, using the proliferate twice. That's what I meant

Wonderlust Viscount

Apr 2007
    Hartford, CT

If you copy GSZ X=4 with new Chandra, is the copy's X 0 or 4? I think it's 4, but I could be mistaken.
    LED, LED, Announce my intention to play Yawgmoth's Bargain...

It is a 4. X for the copy will be whatever X was for the first spell.
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Yup, stax to 1 was wrong, sorry.

But you can copy Gambit with Chandra's second ability, using the proliferate twice. That's what I meant
    True enough. She does have potential, and as someone who loved playing stax and mud i do hope we can make something viable at some point. I'm not sure she's the planeswalker to do it, but her casting cost is at least a step in the right direction.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    True enough. She does have potential, and as someone who loved playing stax and mud i do hope we can make something viable at some point. I'm not sure she's the planeswalker to do it, but her casting cost is at least a step in the right direction.
    But stax is mostly permanents, so shes just a 4 mana pinger. The synergy with gambit is nice but not game breaking. Draw 4 for (P)... hmmmm
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

smallpox is in
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

The satchel is cute. I can't think of any way for it to be amazing, but I like it.

Mar 2007
    Montreal, Qc

EDIT :
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroYawgmoth View Post
    Grand Abolisher
    Hoses blue and combat trick, I like it.

Lets be freaks...
    Dec 2007
    Mettmann

I think Garruk is unplayable in Legacy 5 mana and 3 of them = GGG in the mana cost is too much to be any playable.

Angelic Destiny looks kinda cute in a Hatebear-Stompy or Angel-Stompyish deck, the problem I see with it is that creatures don't die in Legacy. They go Exile. Would be nice if Angelic Destiny had Rancor wording like "When Angelic Destiny is put into a graveyard from the battlefield", but with the actual wording, I don't think its playable =(

Nevertheless, I think Elspeth does the job better in these kinda decks.

We also got this thing from Starcity, which seems kinda good:

Grand Abolisher WW
    Creature - Human Cleric /// Rare
    During your turn, your opponents can't cast spells or activate abilities of artifacts, creatures or enchantments.
    2/2
    Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells
    :16: - (See, now Erratic Explosion's a deck)
    Legendary Creature - Horror
    Haste, Hexproof, Double Strike, Trample
    Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells is indestructible.
    Permanents you control can't be sacrificed or copied.
    Whenever Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells attacks, defending player gets liver cancer (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
    13/13

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Hmm... hatebear for the already-dying Countertop?
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

"_____ and Taxes" just went through the roof with that guy. No countermagic, no Vial or SFM for blockers or haste, no removal during combat. This is the stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    Jun 2007

I like Grand Abolisher a lot. It is a fairly unique and powerful effect at a low cost. By powerful, I'm not necessarily saying it is going to be worth using (although, I'll certainly be testing it in several WW and GW variants), but being able to largely blank your opponent's ability to interact with you on your own turn is impressive.

peace,
    4eak

Thread Information