Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [M12 Cards]

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Re: [M12 Cards]

Why the flame wars? Noone saw the creature being played yet oO
    It's like brainstorming non-useful ideas was now ruled as forbidden and demanded to be bashed, for some reason... and god knows how many unuseful-like ideas turned out to be great...

My first impression is that Grand Abolisher can be useful out of a vial T3 and let you cast a uncounterable reliquary, or something like that. Not sure if this is benefical enough to be played, but I like the concept a little, when I think about vialing him in.

Besides, land one against a merfolk, the non-removal deck, and play any creature you want... that brings me a smile xD
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Just wait until Cephalist Breakfast Vials this in during their own turn and win the game negating pretty much any answer other than Leyline of the Void.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by alderon666 View Post
    Just wait until Cephalist Breakfast Vials this in during their own turn and win the game negating pretty much any answer other than Leyline of the Void.
    So I should be afraid of a deck that needs an active Vial, 2 creatures to combo out, and another creature to win uncontested.
    And what are you exactly going to cut to fit Abolisher? or are you going to Eladamri's Call for it? that sounds like turn 4 win at its best. Or you can go for the normal non Abolisher route and play a fast grave based combo deck which has lots of weaknesses g2/g3. Pretty fair.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Abolisher probably has some niche use in more combo-oriented creature decks or as a Living Wish target, but it is not amazing and I don't know why some people seem to think it hoses any combo but Solidarity.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by workingdude View Post
    Are you talking about a situation where the ability affects lands having a clause that says, except mana abilities? If not, I think that would be absolutely insane.
    Uhhh, why? You already can't do anything except activate abilities of lands with that mana.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    So I should be afraid of a deck that needs an active Vial, 2 creatures to combo out, and another creature to win uncontested.
    And what are you exactly going to cut to fit Abolisher? or are you going to Eladamri's Call for it? that sounds like turn 4 win at its best. Or you can go for the normal non Abolisher route and play a fast grave based combo deck which has lots of weaknesses g2/g3. Pretty fair.
    Play it in the sideboard. Games 2 and 3 tend to go longer because people tend to side in lots of hate and favor bad hands with hate in it. Then you can just null all their hate and win.

You could just cast the Arbirter on your turn, pass and either try to defend it with counters if they have hate or just let it die and use the counters on their hate.

I'm not saying it's going to be the best deck in Legacy, but it does seem, at the moment, the best use of this card.

It's a fine card that competes with a ton of other fine cards in the 2 CC hate bear slot.

True Believer
    Gaddock Teeg
    Meddling Mage
    Vexing Shusher

being double white hurts a bit, I think has closest comp is Vexing Shusher who sees occasional play.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

I like the City of Solitude on a stick. It may see some play, but at least, it is worse than Stoneforge by miles.

Aug 2007
    Williamsburg, Brooklyn

City of Solitude affects both players.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMycon
    It's really unfortunate that even a complete imbecile can learn. I guess you truly can't drive intuition out of anything.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I still say it sounds fun as hell to Invigorate, Giant Growth, Berzerk. Yeah, it sucks, but I bet I'll nail more than one unsuspecting person with it. That was always the worst problem with those types of decks was a single swords ruined your day when you cast all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc View Post
    I like the City of Solitude on a stick. It may see some play, but at least, it is worse than Stoneforge by miles.
    You might as well say it's worse than Tarmogoyf by a mile too.

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This set is really boring from a legacy perspective. I'm glad of that though, the scars and zen block killed my finances. Fetches, jaces, missteps, playable mythics like batterskull, opal sobm and all those artifact goodies for MUD. Artifact blocks are insane. Glad that won't be the case for a while. My bank account is freaking empty.

Island, go!
    Jun 2009
    Golden Gate Bridge, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    This set is really boring from a legacy perspective. I'm glad of that though, the scars and zen block killed my finances. Fetches, jaces, missteps, playable mythics like batterskull, opal sobm and all those artifact goodies for MUD. Artifact blocks are insane. Glad that won't be the case for a while. My bank account is freaking empty.
    I agree on that. Every set for the past 2 years has a lot of implication on legacy and I had to drop money every set on the stuff I need (aka JTMS, SFM, Sword, Fetches, etc), so in some way having a mediocre set like M12 is blessing in disguise.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

So, Master Thief seems pretty good at first glance. What artifacts do we usually want to steal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    So, Master Thief seems pretty good at first glance. What artifacts do we usually want to steal?
    All of them?

EDIT: it's also double blue, which is major frowns. Also, there are a few that would be amazing to steal, such as Umezawa's Jitte or Crucible of Worlds.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I believe stealing tinkered Blightsteel, Time Vault, Lodestone, etc. is pretty solid *nod*

But identical cost as the wallet sculptor is meh
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Sower of Temptation is just better overall. Won't see play.

Apr 2011
    Germany

I find Hunter's Insight pretty mighty and with mana cost 2G it should be playable in Legacy.
    And yet again, it is a card that goes against the color pie. At least people always said that about Harmonize. Is green a card-drawing color now? (Also, the second ability of Garruk Primal Hunter, but at least that shouldn't be Legacy relevant.)

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Sorin's Vengeance is cute with Chandra the Firebrand. Not in Legacy, obviously.

Also I like the design theory behind the "...of Empires" trio, but 5 1/1's, stealing a guy, and 3 damage to the face for 4 mana each turn seems way underpowered for successfully accomplishing a 3-card combo.

Also, why is core's Equipment all suddenly so awful? (EDIT: Not all. Swiftfoot Boots are pretty mad sexy.)

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Joven,

Green has been listed as second in card draw to blue for awhile now. Black is rated as third for draw purposes, then white, with red bringing up the tail end charlie slot.

Thread Information