Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [M12 Cards]

Re: [M12 Cards]

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    yadda yadda yadda
    the manacost is the only thing what is not broken! Rly strong effect. Abuseable in many ways, madness, gy strategies and even simple CA
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

May 2008
    Newtown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Beatusnox View Post
    what rarity is this being printed at?
    Looks like it's a rare. O:

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    the manacost is the only thing what is not broken! Rly strong effect. Abuseable in many ways, madness, gy strategies and even simple CA
    However, manacost is what usually determines actual power level. At that cost I think Magus of the Bazaar would be better in any graveyard strategy, and that card doesn't see play.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Possible two card combo with Molten Psyche. But that is more of a standard fantasy than legacy actuality.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Stonehorn Dignitary 3W
    Creature - Rhino Soldier
    When Stonehorn Dignitary enters the battlefield, target player skips his or her next combat phase.
    1/4
    I guess that will make Venser (the PW) see some play after all, but most probably not in Legacy. :)

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

yadda yadda yadda

blue is overpowered etc

ジェイスの文書管理人/Jace's Archivist
    クリーチャー- ヴィダルケン・ウィザード/Creature- Vedalken Wizard
    ,:
    各プレイヤーは自分の手札を捨て、その後これによりいずれかのプレイヤーが捨てたカードの枚数のうち最も大きい枚数に等しいだけのカードを引く。
    ,T: Each player discards his or her hand,then draws cards equal to the greatest number of cards a player discarded this way.

「これは聖なる責務だ。師ベレレンの信頼こそが、私の永遠の忠誠の源だ。」
    2/2

Artist:James Ryan 59/249

Windfall Spellshaper. Anyone yet unconvinced R&D loves them some Kool aid?
    Hey, i could have been printed in red for some kind of cool pseudo wheel effect but no, let's give retarded effect to blue and blue only! Sigh.

Not that the card is good (a tad too slow for combo, magus of the bazaar is better for dredge etc), but for god sake.
    Last edited by Gheizen64; 06-15-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

I think R&D gives blue this kind of stupid effects because in previous incarnations they were fine compared with the rest of stupid effects that were printed on the same set. I call it the Dragonstorm syndrome.

My eyes that are used to see balanced cards hurt by just looking at this card.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    It's pretty much instant win with Mind over Matter once it's active. Too bad MoM's mana cost sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's pretty much instant win with Mind over Matter once it's active. Too bad MoM's mana cost sucks.
    Necrotic Ooze+Devoted Druid
    Though that's inferior to other ooze options.

Maybe with Magus of the Jar,Shallow Grave and Corpse Dance?

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    I think R&D gives blue this kind of stupid effects because in previous incarnations they were fine compared with the rest of stupid effects that were printed on the same set. I call it the Dragonstorm syndrome.

My eyes that are used to see balanced cards hurt by just looking at this card.

I'm just trying to make heads or tails of this post. Are you saying that the previous incarnation was fine (Windfall?) or are you referring to the previous incarnation as Magus of the Bazaar?
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Another blue card

Lord of the Unreal UU
    Human Wizard
    All illusions have +1/+1 and hexproof
    2/2

Yeah i know there are no (or few...i forget) good illusions out there, but combine with Mirror entity, the entity itself gets +1/+1 and hex proof and has this ability "0:creatures you control become 1/1's with hex proof." Then you can simply wait around with your untargetable army (you can always use the ability again for 0 mana in response to removal in response to your initial application of the ability....that makes sense although i said it in a profoundly stupid way i think) until you have enough mana to simply make your creature's bigger.

Add in the ussual Blue mix of counters and draw maybe mystic and swords (it's hex proof not shroud)... and there you go.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

If Id run a tribal with shrouded Mirror Entitiy, Id play faeries with Scion of Oona.

The Windfallguy sucks, its slow and the effect hardly abusable.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

It will be to Windfall what Fauna Shaman is to Survival, so shut your complain-hole, Jones.

And it's a blue ability (Windfall) not a red card (Wheel of Fortune) before the whole color-pie argument starts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    I'm just trying to make heads or tails of this post. Are you saying that the previous incarnation was fine (Windfall?) or are you referring to the previous incarnation as Magus of the Bazaar?
    Magus of the Bazaar, which was the one IBA mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by bakofried View Post
    It will be to Windfall what Fauna Shaman is to Survival, so shut your complain-hole, Jones.
    While it's reasonable to think this way, I see one potential problem in that Windfall was not a repeatable effect, while this one could easily be one.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

I check my look in the mirror.

Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    If Id run a tribal with shrouded Mirror Entitiy, Id play faeries with Scion of Oona.
    Scion of Oona only gives other faeries +1/+1 and shroud. This guy is strictly better with Mirror Entity because he protects himself too.

Dec 2008
    Nijmegen

Another blue card

Lord of the Unreal UU
    Human Wizard
    2/2

Yeah i know there are no (or few...i forget) good illusions out there, but combine with Mirror entity, the entity itself gets +1/+1 and hex proof and has this ability "0:creatures you control become 1/1's with hex proof." Then you can simply wait around with your untargetable army (you can always use the ability again for 0 mana in response to removal in response to your initial application of the ability....that makes sense although i said it in a profoundly stupid way i think) until you have enough mana to simply make your creature's bigger.

Add in the ussual Blue mix of counters and draw maybe mystic and swords (it's hex proof not shroud)... and there you go.
    They do already have a Warchief.
    Team Nijmegen

Robbert Slavenburg
    DCI: 2069307189

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

yadda yadda yadda

blue is overpowered etc

ジェイスの文書管理人/Jace's Archivist
    クリーチャー- ヴィダルケン・ウィザード/Creature- Vedalken Wizard
    ,:
    各プレイヤーは自分の手札を捨て、その後これによりいずれかのプレイヤーが捨てたカードの枚数のうち最も大きい枚数に等しいだけのカードを引く。
    ,T: Each player discards his or her hand,then draws cards equal to the greatest number of cards a player discarded this way.

「これは聖なる責務だ。師ベレレンの信頼こそが、私の永遠の忠誠の源だ。」
    2/2

Artist:James Ryan 59/249

Windfall Spellshaper. Anyone yet unconvinced R&D loves them some Kool aid?
    This thing is soo going to be in the Memory Jar.dec EDH list i'm putting together at the moment. Windfall every turn with Megrim/Lilliana's Caress on the table? Yes please....
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

And yet he does not have haste; so on top of needing to protect him from counterspells, one needs to deal with Pithing Needle, Phyrexian Revoker, and all forms of creature removal. There's enough options out there to deal with him, in several different colors, so he shouldn't make a huge splash.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Quote Originally Posted by Atwa View Post
    This thing is soo going to be in the Memory Jar.dec EDH list i'm putting together at the moment. Windfall every turn with Megrim/Lilliana's Caress on the table? Yes please....
    Just play Chains with him. Then play out of your graveyard. You mind twist your opponent and mill him for X on every activation.

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

Another blue card

Lord of the Unreal UU
    Human Wizard
    2/2

A lot of the illusions that have been printed have some pretty decent bodies compared to their cost. The only problem is they die once they're targeted. This guy seems like a neat interaction with that
    Si, I like cereal.

Thread Information